Tried to rootkit my phone

>Tried to rootkit my phone.
>Followed a guide, but missed an important step due to poorly written guide
>"IMPORTANT! Remember to backup your device BEFORE proceeding!"
>Didn't do it, just clicked wipe.
>Deleted the bootloader and system software.

How fucked am i? When i start the device, i only get the Samsung logo.'

Will it work to buy a SD-card reader, plug it to the computer and then manually install the software again?

Attached: 310px-Down_syndrome_lg.jpg (310x341, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

highonandroid.com/android-root/how-to-root-galaxy-s8-s8-on-android-9-0-pie/
youtube.com/watch?v=4ksOkFdyr7
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Say the latter works, then i do have a clean device. Should i install something else while at it?

if it was your /persist then your'e fucked, the phone won't be able to get cell service again

what is persist? cant i just download the things manually?

the persist has info specific to your phone like IEMI number and whatnot, you can't use anyone elses'
Can you link me the guide you used?

>tried to rootkit my phone
>rootkit
Whelp. You're an idiot.

Very fucked

Attached: DF41EEEF-180C-4868-ADEE-71D6DAEC2A89.jpg (508x338, 31K)

I fucked up on step 11. Step 12 should have been before it. I might use this as an advantage and just install a custom ROM, but at the moment my computer won't even find the phone and it doesn't show up when i plug it in.

highonandroid.com/android-root/how-to-root-galaxy-s8-s8-on-android-9-0-pie/

It's a Galaxy S8+. I clicked format.

I have never done anything like this before.

Okay. you might be fine. Can you get the phone into recovery mode? (press & hold power+vol up+bixby button (no clue what the bixby button is but hopefully you can figure it out))
Also! I want you to please promise to only ever read android guides off of xdadevelopers, this pajeet cashgrab tutorial is cancer

I pressed the buttons and are now in the teamwin recovery. I can "read only" and at the bottom i can swipe to allow modifications. Thanks for the recommendation, i will use xdadevelopers in the future.

I swiped it and are now in the menu with different options, with install, backup, restore, wipe, mount, advanced, etc.

yep, hopefully from there you can just install a custom rom .zip
good luck user im out

cont.

When i click backup, it says there's 40MB on boot, and about 4GB on system. Cache, Baseband and EFS is also containing files and still there.

So, extract the SD, put it in a reader and plug it into the computer and transfer a ROM?

like the other user said I would go on XDA and follow a tutorial there from here on, they are likely to be updated and more accurate and have the procedure for a custom ROM if you are new

you should be able to see your phone when its plugged into the computer once its booted in recovery

>Galaxy S8+
They have protected bootloaders. You're gonna need to use Odin or Heimdall to reflash the original bootloader.

Okay, gonna be a little project for me tommorow,..

Nice, thanks!

I turned of the bootloader protection before i did this. Don't know if it stuck though.

Anyways thanks for the help. At least my phone isn't a brick.

Literally me lmao look at this guy:

youtube.com/watch?v=4ksOkFdyr7

Damn I'm hungry

GOD DAMN YOU PAJEET
LOOK AT WHAT YOU HAVE DONE TO THIS MAN

Congrarulations, you wiped your OS, need to flash a new ROM

Just use Odin like user said. Despite popular opinion bricking a phone irreparably is actually kinda difficult

I remember doing this but my fuckup was installing the American telco specific rom. I managed to salvage it by using odin and connected it to my phone but you have to find the right rom for ur phone. Most of the rom files are hosted on aids sites that allow like 100kb/s downloads and take a few hours and downloads break very often.

>rootkit
You dont know what a rootkit is, do you?

This

This reminds me of this one time I borked my OnePlus One. Bootloop, PC wouldn't connect with the phone. It took me all night to sort it out. To fix it I had to use these shady unsigned chinese USB drivers.

OP next time read and then re-read the instructions top to bottom before you do anything. Make notes or something.

Also good luck.

>2019
>rooting android phones
what's the point

>rootkit you're own phone
>when you literally can't stop hacking.

Stop giving technical support to children.

>want you to please promise to only ever read android guides off of xdadevelopers
I didn't root my phone because the xda stuff is indian trash.
At least with computers (for now) the storage can be swapped trivially so I can keep the original install untouched in case I fuck up and want quick troubleless recovery