Use Void Linux

Use Void Linux.

Attached: 1537143531093.jpg (900x900, 57K)

why

because Mr. bald autismo said so

No. I use the Guix System.

Attached: GuixSuikaDistribution.png (1212x1374, 1005K)

does luke uses void linux?? throught he used arch

He's been using it more recently, so he's going to end up switching altogether.

not until it has wine x64 and more decent wine support.

Luke:
>guys, systemd isn't that bad
Also Luke:
*switches to Void*

Runit, LibreSSL, /bin/sh symlinked to dash by default. It's similar to Arch, but I prefer some of the little differences to Arch.

It's not a contradiction to think Systemd isn't that bad, and prefer Runit, or prefer a distro that uses Runit.

This guy's a boner

what does this mean

I think Void is kinda neat conceptually, but none of its neat design philosophy really trumps the overwhelming usefulness of the AUR and the wide amount of software available in the Arch repos, in my opinion. If I didn't give a fuck about software availability and I wanted a BSD-like system, I'd just use a BSD (which, I'm sure this is what Luke is going to do eventually). Plus, its development seems pretty turbulent. It just doesn't ever seem worth it to use these niche little meme distros that inevitably die in a few years because the lead maintainer decided to commit suicide by autoerotic asphyxiation or something.

I used think I could learn something about linux from this faggot but it seems that he likes systemd and think bash is bloated

Void GNU/Linux*

I'm just memeing, but still, he stated in that video that he doesn't know the actual advantages of OpenRC or Runit.
The almost only advantage of Void over Arch is it's init system.
Yet he still switches to Void for some reason.

He's a beginner with a big ego. Of course even a beginner is more competent than most of Jow Forums.

where is he on this graph?

Attached: 110102288228.jpg (576x466, 48K)

stop impersonating bfluke

Void is still very immature. Just this week they had a bug that carried over user permissions from live session onto installation.
Plus the bit about lead developer abandoning the project last year.
I don't understand why you would use void when Gentoo exists. Is Gentoo not obscure enough?

Most Linux system admins like systemd.

Attached: 1558849673227.png (576x466, 49K)

well that is cool and I understand that but still if you are so retarded that you think bash is bloat sholnd't you question something that is controling your entire system in a way could also be bloat? alot of things that worked just fine before.. I can't argue that it is not good service manager since it is but still it does things i dont want it to touch

I think his point was only that bash is not posix compliant and slower than other shells. Calling it bloat was just for a meme.

you forgot outdated packages compared to Arch because of small development team

>no slack
>no chromium extra
>no wine

are you an idiot?

yup and i dont't use systemd on desktop

I've been a beginner in GNU/Linux for 15 years. Luke is light years ahead of me in terms of GNU/Linux skills and understanding.

That says more about you than it does about L*ke.

Luke sounded like a cool guy from the Jow Forums threads that were trying to shit on him but then youtube started recommending me his videos and I realized he's a memespewing fuck, fucking ssethtzeenchian of Jow Forums.
If I wanted cancerous amount of memes in everything, I'd go to reddit.

Void is superior to Arch, but he got memed into it. Also, I can almost guarantee he'll start talking about switching Yash shell soon or claim to having been using forever like he does neovim

Attached: 1558863791029.png (1080x1920, 459K)

Liked

>use systemd, spergs. but also use void.

It says that Luke isn't really a beginner.

use xubuntu faggots

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 9K)

>no botnet (there is a terminal client though)
>no botnet
>no botnet compatibility layer
sounds good

nice digits.

Attached: 1478464284035.gif (350x255, 1.78M)

Void is extremely quick with updates. Mostly faster than Arch.

>Hello world
>2 sloc
>Linux Kernel
>6 gorillion sloc

Void GNU*
The kernel is almost an insignificant part of an operating system.
The 'Linux' ecosystem depends in its entirety on the GNU coreutils and other GNU software.
Linux forms merely a part of the GNU System.

Embrace the void.

Attached: antinatalist luke.png (559x397, 33K)

Void is comfy.

Attached: Screenshot at 2019-05-26 13-33-50.png (1920x1080, 959K)

wow you've convinced me

kek, maybe in some parallel universe

Chromium is 2 versions behind
various system software like polkit, accountservice, iproute2, etc is outdated
Xfce packages are outdated
PostgreSQL is 2 major versions behind, which is like 1.5 year old, that's even worse than Debian, in Debian you have at least option to install testing/unstable

Void is objectively worst Linux distribution, distros choose stability or bleeding edge, Void chose neither

>user@void-live
liar

>"user's home" right near the trash bin
Seems fitting.

Attached: 1554643215933.jpg (499x499, 130K)

>blackMATE
that theme takes me back...a few years ago

I don't watch much Luke but I watched his recent video on dwm. It's kind of flawed, default dwm may work as a stack but you can configure it to work differently.

god that looks awful

Can you game on it

why do people ask this question? you can game on literally every single distro out there. it's not a completely different OS

>Chromium
botnet and/or bloat
>polkit
botnet
>accountservice
i don't know what's this but sounds like botnet and bloat
>iproute2
ok
>Xfce packages
>using de on void
ishygddt
>PostgreSQL
bloat

Basically void isn't your distro, ubuntu would suit you better

This, why the fuck are you using Void if this is actually stuff you care about?

Attached: 52432336_10205228759316270_5025906223665381376_n.jpg (720x960, 76K)

Ubuntu for the win, motherfuckers!

Attached: ubuntu fullmoonhowl.jpg (1080x1050, 154K)

Yeah, it has lutris.
wine64 is also on it's way to the repos, but I'm not why you would need that.

does Void use something other than the gnu utils?
I fucking hate gnu for literally no reason

is the rumor that he stabbed a girl in high school because she laughed at him for using linux true?

I using busybox/sbase some time ago. And no, and it's not worth the headache. coreutils are usually faster too, although I'm mostly pulling that out of my ass (wish someone benchmarked different userlands other than yes).
Try gentoo.

That's the gnu operating system, composed mostly of official gnu packages, it's derivations, and packages by third parties (like Xorg and Firefox). Given you mentioned linux, yours probably runs linux as it's kernel.

GNU is free and modular, so you could change gnu's corelibs for alternatives (like busybox), as well as linux for other kernels (linux-libre, hurd, kFreeBSD). The nature of the GNU operating system would stay the same, as GNU isn't just made up of contributions of the gnu project, but also my the whole free software community.

It's GNU's modularity that makes it so we can have GNU systems that don't even require Linux or GNU's corelibs and coreutils. It's the power of freedom and science.

Attached: gnu.jpg (1365x827, 194K)

He said in a followup that its something that he would just recommend it to other people who dont have autism. He has his own preferences, like runir. I see where you are coming from though, he didnt exactly make it clear

wtf I love luke now

wtf I love luke now

>willing to opine on that topic low
>has a youtube channel about it
duh

newfag

Holy shit faggot, he literally explained it 5 times across two different videos. He ranted about the fact that systemd haters hate without any good reasons, which doesn't mean there aren't reasons to dislike systemd or prefer a different init system. kys

E-celebs get the rope.

musl

>ystemd haters hate without any good reasons

Bloat is a pretty good reason to hate, also the fact that is being shoved into basically all but 3 or so distros.

How autistic would it be to install a distro because
I like this image a lot?

why is his obsession with terminal applications and minimal set ups? is he suckless faggot? You can do all that shit with Emacs and less bloat.

You're already autistic if you recognize the character on that image, friend.

>Ubuntu LTS + i3wm, + Emacs = LOVE

>the fact that is being shoved into basically all but 3 or so distros
That's not an intrinsic feature of the software, just distro managers deciding its the best choice for what they're going for.
>Bloat is a pretty good reason to hate
Build a less bloated init system that does all the useful shit that systemd does. Hard mode: make sure that the API to interact with your system is not bloated, just as systemd's isn't.

Void Linux is terrible if you give a single fuck about your security.

You dont need an init system that does all of what systemd does, there are other tools that already do that and do it in a simple manner, like at or cron.

I raw dogged tripcode in the back of an Arby's parking lot while Weezer was playing on the radio.

based Jow Forums of king

he has been using linux for less than 3 years, so it cant

B-but he said that autism was a myth! Everyone is normal, right user?

I think they meant "boomer", go back to georgia

No.

very, but it's worth it (unless you play gayms)

sseth is based. I thought Luke would at least have some entertaining editing in his vids based on his memeshit thumbnails, but no, they’re the driest shit. I wouldn’t mind them being dry if they were informative too, but they kind of aren’t, he usually just states his opinion on a topic but doesn’t really break stuff down enough in explaining why.

entertaining but brain dead? good. dry but informative? good. dry and brain dead? cmon Luke, do better