Oah!

Systemd is not bad or bloated or faulty, whatever you may imply with this, quit saying complete nonsense once and for all please.
The fact that it departs from Unix philosophy only shows the progress GNU/Linux has made in the course of last three decades, and shows that it's a big, robust and independent free OS, not just another *nix community's project that depends on ancient programs. It's objectively the fastest init you can have, so what's the fuss about? That it's un-Unix in its operations? But it's a good trait, and besides, notice how the latest next-generation inventions in Linux system architecture like Guix and NixOS depart from this original philosophy even further than "mainstream" programs like systemd init do.

Attached: king.png (596x452, 277K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/linux/comments/bsqar4/you_probably_hate_systemd_because_you_think_its/
wiki.debian.org/Debate/initsystem/systemd#Systemd_position_statement
forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=123341
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You probably hate systemd because you think it's all about "boot fast no bash" - but it can do so much more you probably had no idea about

reddit.com/r/linux/comments/bsqar4/you_probably_hate_systemd_because_you_think_its/

mah boi this init is what all true warriors strive for

>notice how the latest next-generation inventions in Linux system architecture like Guix and NixOS depart from this original philosophy even further
That's absolutely false. The don't deviate from the philosophy of "the unix way" one bit. They're extremely hackable, and in fact Nix and Guix are even supposedly compatible with each other, meaning they can share the same database, making them interchangeable. That's very much according to the unix way.
Please get your facts straight.

Also, whether or not systemd is good is not the issue. Literally ANY INIT would be "good" given enough time and contributions from the community.
The problems with systemd are much deeper, and yes somewhat political. But do not make the mistake of thinking it's all one sided. Systemd itself is a political invention, so if you want to look for where it all started look at systemd

Attached: systemd-history.png (1284x553, 78K)

And this pretty much sums up why it's important to follow the unix way.

Of course there are exceptions, but I would argue that it becomes absolutely _essential_ to the wellbeing of GNU/Linux the more fundamental the software is. And I'd say PID 1 is pretty fundamental.

Attached: systemd.png (906x468, 101K)

>Systemd itself is a political invention
>it's actually not political at all
where's politics in any of this? they wanted the fastest init and they got it, perhaps it's corporate boastfulness bit it's certainly not political.

I don't care what you want to call it. But I'm not going to reiterate what you should be able to read with your own eyes.

so, you can't wrap your brain around systemd? what kind of programmer are you?

That has nothing to do with anything, and I literally have no idea which words you could even be cherry picking to form a sentence like that.

You're going to have to try harder than that if you want to fool anyone.

so you think these points are generally bad?
wiki.debian.org/Debate/initsystem/systemd#Systemd_position_statement

>I literally have no idea which words you could even be cherry picking to form a sentence like that.
words from the first sentences in the image you posted?

There is no connection whatsoever.

forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=123341
Stallman: “I’ve never seen it, I’ve never used a system that had it; I know it’s free software, so ethically speaking, it’s not an issue – it’s just a convenience question.”

your image says:
"It's THE reason you have components you can wrap your brain around which can all be pieced together and managed in a simple flexible way. That's what the Unix Way does."

I see nothing here but you trying pretty hard to cherry pick something.

I'm sure any confused newbie on the fence about systemd is totally convinced by your arguments so far. Keep up the good work.

sorry I deleted my previous posts because they had wrong posts quoted
so,
>I see nothing here but you trying pretty hard to cherry pick something.
Do you see the sentence
"It's THE reason you have components you can wrap your brain around which can all be pieced together and managed in a simple flexible way. That's what the Unix Way does."
there?

and if you do see it, then tell me, how much harder is it to wrap your brain around systemd components?

X+Y+Z != X

2+2=4
now answer me please, how much harder is it to wrap your brain around systemd components?

Not him but your quote says "It's THE reason you have components you can wrap your brain around which can all be pieced together and managed in a simple flexible way."

That's three properties combined. You can't just pick one and sperg out about it.

I just wonder what Red Hat's up to!

Attached: 1539749189014.gif (307x230, 330K)

systemd is bloat

Attached: google_com_2019-05-26_09-05-01.png (620x349, 23K)

Imagine a world where actual important and much-used software gets the same scrutiny as fucking systemd

Would probably help if the dev wasn't a gigantic ass and so goddamn punchable

Attached: Is9vjRJ.jpg (430x760, 58K)

Yeah he is. So is torvalds. So is the mentally ill tranny behind libreboot. So is RMS with his aspergers. So is probably 2/3 of all the software you daily use and love. So is you and me as well probably

holy shit a good thread?

Attached: 1557833768088.jpg (967x966, 109K)

Attached: systemd.gif (426x284, 3.99M)

gnome, gtk, pulseaudio, dbus

Torvalds is pretty normal and charming in person. Rms does rub people the wrong way. Tranny isn't part of Libreboot anymore.
Lennart Poettering isn't just weird though, he is punchable. Like the type of guy who talks a lot of shit and threats you to a fight, then when you win they yell "I'm gonna call the cops!!! I'm gonna sue you!!!"
Dude literally took microphones from critics to yell at them and shit.

It’s shit software. 1.2 million lines of pozz and backdoors.

You dipshits shilled it too aggressively. Killing Ian was totally unnecessary and it in fact was the thing that made people sit up and notice, yes, the glowniggers were indeed putting their backdoors into Linux.

>the type of guy who talks a lot of shit and threats you to a fight, then when you win they yell "I'm gonna call the cops!!! I'm gonna sue you!!!"
You're projecting an awful lot here

No, he's correct. It's a really, really punchable face. Remarkably so, really. One in a million tier.