Real camera comparison between Sony Xperia 1 VS Huawei P30 Pro and Oneplus 7 Pro!!

It seems this time the Japanese have achieved their goal and smashed the competition! We're crossing fingers for good Sony sales this year! :)
youtu.be/JnI3zgmx5_M

Attached: 2123092.jpg (1280x720, 204K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Sony-Unlocked-Smartphone-CinemaWide-Display/dp/B07PHQ7FBP/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=xperia 1&qid=1558851097&s=gateway&sr=8-2
github.com/sonyxperiadev/kernel
developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/
developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/get-started/unlock-bootloader/
developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/get-started/flash-tool/
developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/get-started/supported-devices-and-functionality/
developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/guides/aosp-build-instructions/
developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/guides/kernel-compilation-guides/
youtube.com/watch?v=k0i2cawURuQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1. No one is buying $1000 phones, especially from a brand that's popularity has waned.
2. Normies will always think the iPhone camera is better and those that know simply don't care.
3. Hardly any custom roms
4. Doesn't come with carriers.

seems legit enough

is sony still releavent today?

>this sony shill again

Attached: eyes.jpg (450x443, 43K)

Unfortunately chink phones had dominated my local market and Sony will be pulling Xperia out of a handful of countries including here.

Attached: gsmarena_001.jpg (727x412, 100K)

Posting in comfy hopeful Sony thread

Attached: 0031.jpg (409x409, 75K)

Who actually cares lmao
Flagship phones have been decent for years, the most effective way to sell a phone now is with a good design and brand recognition

I like that sony camera!!

It's a Sony.

I had a Z1 and the plastic surround all fell off. Felt like a brick too but that isn't neccessarily bad. When I think of Sony I think indestructible build and robust. Glass front and back, super tall and skinny doesn't say that at all to me.

seems July 12 is the release date for USA. i check amazon now and it's available for pre-order. amazon.com/Sony-Unlocked-Smartphone-CinemaWide-Display/dp/B07PHQ7FBP/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=xperia 1&qid=1558851097&s=gateway&sr=8-2

>being a phone pleb and paying $1000 to shoot lossy .jpg with forced post processing you have no/limited control over then trying to brag about it.

They are just as bad on /p/

good but i need more samples of this cameras, so i can believe you!

what the fuck is this shit

the 3 criteria for me are DAS, size and price.
if sony made a 200 euros 4" phone i'd buy, as i just browse, send texts and take some pictures.
the compromise i found last year was a samsung j5.
my best friend bought a s10, but i simply can't get why one would spend so much for gaming on a phone.
i don't even see so much difference with his camera

#1 is literally out of focus. Notice the moss is in focus.

Sony phones don't say Sony

Basedni is a chinese hahaha!

Sony phones always have shit cameras. They nerf them deliberately because the gooks are cunts.

Why was the camera on the xz1 compact for 700 dollars so shit then?

but the Xperia 1 is an exception

They already lost consumer trust with their false advertising. Nobody is gonna go near their shit now.

I returned the p30 pro because the colors were never accurate.

>3. Hardly any custom roms
They only gimp the phones
>4. Doesn't come with carriers.
It does in Europe

Phones have been shooting raw for years now

Too much of a bad reputation regarding cameras for Sony. They've been tooting their camera horn since forever ago and the end result is always mediocre shit. Good hardware combined with garbage image processing algorithms.

They are all probability using Sony cameras anyway

Just like me in your mom

sony is catching up!

Why do you care about the camera so much? You are not photographers.

i'm photographer and i'm interested in Xperia 1. I spend so much money to have good camera but only camera but here i have also an android phone!

Less relevant than huawei, and nobody wants a huawei.

Why would Sony nerf the cameras they make on their own phones... Or is it inter department bullshit

>i'm photographer and i'm interested in Xperia 1
Get a fucking mirrorless you dumbass.
>Is photographer
>Buys phone
What an reTard.

They nerf their cameras for custom Roms, so their cameras are best on their official rom.

>quality of pictures mysteriously changes depending on the type of fanboy holding it

>1. No one is buying $1000 phones, especially from a brand that's popularity has waned.

Not in burgerland. The opposite is true in Japan.

>2. Normies will always think the iPhone camera is better and those that know simply don't care.

Yea, and even the best phone camera is still shit.

But even so, with an Xperia you are getting a camera from the number 2 camera manufacturer in the world.

Sony supports AOSP out of the box, and it ships pretty much stock (custom icons, Sony Media/Service apps).

See number 1.

Sony has always had the camera overheating problem, especially if you play things like Pokemon Go.

>The opposite is true in Japan.
Because Japan buys iPhones.
>But even so, with an Xperia you are getting a camera from the number 2 camera manufacturer in the world.
So what. It doesn't make the phone cameras any better.
>Sony supports AOSP out of the box
Sony cameras on custom Roms are shit, because Sony drms their phone camera s.

I heard the UK and Netherland will get Xperia 1
bundle with WH1000XM3 best noise cancelling headphones. Damn shame i live in Australia!!

wait a minute...this phone releases in europe on 30 may and in USA july 12?? Why American's have to wait so long i just don't get it!?

Why would you even want an xperia?
They just seem kind of meh.

Glorious Nippon Silicon!

>github.com/sonyxperiadev/kernel

>developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/

>developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/get-started/unlock-bootloader/

>developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/get-started/flash-tool/

>developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/get-started/supported-devices-and-functionality/

>developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/guides/aosp-build-instructions/

>developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/guides/kernel-compilation-guides/

Why Jow Forums more obsessed with camera on a phone than any other boards?

Attached: 1234423341792.jpg (126x126, 3K)

Chinkoro BTFO

Attached: ロボット.jpg (1920x1304, 312K)

because we're secretly cute little girls.

Attached: 1505763837113.webm (746x420, 2.22M)

It's just a bunch of retards falling for consumerist marketing.
Anyone who actually knows anything about photography would realise that camera sensors are shit and will be shit for the rest of time unless they start defying physics.
Phones plateaued years ago in terms of useful performance. No one needs anything more than a $150 android phone, and a $300 DSLR you buy today will BTFO "flagships" for the rest of time.

>Finally let's anons make custom Roms
>Still not worth the price

because japs don't care about your burgerland!

They do though.

woah...sony sheep's rise up!

it works with VERIZON!!!

stfu weeb!

Sony didn't have good phone cameras because upper management thought it would damage their professional camera sales, but apparently now phone team and camera team have some form of cooperation

They don't. Sony phones use the same hardware (or better) than iPhones. The problem is that they have abhorrent software processing.

so that's why they struggle...i own only the premium flagship series and they always had good camera's cause sony wants you to pay premium otherwise they don't expect from standard models to make profit which is wrong i think.

I really like my XZ1 Compact

Attached: SOny-Xperia-XZ1-Compact.jpg (1000x1000, 145K)

Yes, that's exactly the point. You could buy any other phone with raw support, or you could buy a Sony that only shoots jpeg. Tough choice

>1. No one is buying $1000 phones, especially from a brand that's popularity has waned.
That has nothing to do with the phones but with Apple's marketing.
>2. Normies will always think the iPhone camera is better and those that know simply don't care.
They don't matter. For them even the BlackBerry is better than the iPhone in blind tests.
Sony is the most open OEM right now. They support AOSP out of the box, they have unlocked bootloader and they publish all the source code on their website. Plus, Sony officially supports Sailfish.
In burguerland. But then again, buying from a carrier is retard-tier.

You forgot one
>Not as good as zenfone 6, but more expensive than the zenfone 6

I like my XA2!

>finally

Sony has been running their open devices project since Kit Kat. Apart from the pajeets building custom ROMs for mid range 2015 models, Sony has exceptional custom ROM capabilities.

>Sony has been running their open devices project since Kit Kat
But they don't their cameras until the current year of the Lord, so their cameras would be complete shit under custom Roms.

>Zenfone 6
>worse screen than the Xperia 1
>chinkshit
>bloatware
It's shit.
>muh 8 GB of RAM
Irrelevant thanks to bloatware.
>muh 48 mpx camera
It's shit compared to the Xperia 1. And it doesn't caputure HDR video.

>DRM'd their cameras

The cameras are already shite, so breaking the camera DRM barely makes a difference.

.t Xperia Z3C, Z5C, XZ and XZ3 owner

>worse screen
Explain this.
>Bloatware
They OEM software is virtually stock Android, and tgey released source for third party development, so custom Roms will come.
>It's shit compared to a xperia folded a thousand times
Zenfone 6
>MicroSD slot
>Headphone jack
>More ram
>More storage
>A display that can show a full page of readable mango without scrolling
>Cheaper
And the zenfone 6 is just one of many phones that are better than the xperia 1 you nip shill, so just slit your disgraceful belly.

That's not what happened. Sony cameras use proprietary drivers. Since drivers in Android run in user space, custom ROMs have to jump through a lot of hoops to get those working properly and then fine-tune a bunch of settings. Of course most devs don't know enough about photography or the hardware to do so preperly.

This happened with every weird camera setup. The Galaxy Zoom for instance didn't have a custom ROM precisely because nobody could figure out how to make the camera work properly.

that's true i agree with this guy!

wtf I thought OP7 Pro had the highest rating for picture quality

marketing gimmick?

Still doesn't make the xperia 1 any more appealing given the specs, and price. I mean there's a lot of competition on smartphones right now, and the xperia 1 is kind of run of the mill while being overpriced. I personally would have bought one if it was available a few months ago, but now I'm off to a better/cheaper smartphone.

>Explain this.
Xperia 1 has a 4K HDR AMOLED screen.
>They OEM software is virtually stock Android, and tgey released source for third party development, so custom Roms will come.
Asushit is never stock Android and their support for custom ROMs is abysmal compared to Sony's. It took months for the Zenfone 2 to stop bootlooping thanks to Asus proprietary drivers.
>Zenfone 6
>>MicroSD slot
>>Headphone jack
So does the Xperia 1.
>>More ram
>>More storage
Only 1 version.
>>A display that can show a full page of readable mango without scrolling
Xperia 1 has a longer screen. It can show more content than the Zenfone 6.
>>Cheaper
Meh.
>And the zenfone 6 is just one of many phones that are better than the xperia 1 you nip shill, so just slit your disgraceful belly.
Go fap to Mao you fucking red.

yeah but it doesn't have the same camera quality nor HDR BT2020 OLED Dispay right? Also i think we forget the exclusive director app's

SONY MASTER RACE

Attached: Screenshot_20190526-132316.png (2160x3840, 444K)

>It doesn't have a display prone to burn in
Then get a Nubia red magic 3 with a 90hz oled, and headphone jack with 32bit meme dac, and integrated meme cooling fan for even less money.
>Doesn't come with Sony bloat
Seems like a good thing.

(Samsung S10 VS Xperia 1) I like to see this comparison soon on youtube!

Attached: S10-vs-Sony-xperia-920x613.jpg (920x613, 40K)

Doesn't the Xperia have gigantic bezels like a phone from 2015?

>Xperia 1 has a 4K HDR AMOLED screen
And a tiny nip dick like battery, retarded aspect ratio, and no headphone jack.
>Xperia 1 has a longer screen. It can show more content than the Zenfone 6.
You should show everyone what content really looks like on the xperia 1 you dumb lying nip faggot.
>Go fap to Mao you fucking red.
Just how many nukes do you need to realize that you shouldn't fuck with burgers?

reminder: Xperia 2 is Xperia 1compact

German TV Spot looks so epic guys!!
youtube.com/watch?v=k0i2cawURuQ

>Just how many nukes do you need to realize that you shouldn't fuck with burgers?
Yikes.

>watch this advertisement
Kek. Jow Forums is dead isn't it lads.

>Yikes
Two wasn't enough, ledditfag.

it's a sony thread! Share is not forbidden idio!

>It's a Sony thread
You meant:
It's a rogue phone thread that was posted outside of /spg/.

Sony rocks man! no one can beat them they are kings!!!

This.
Jow Forums will shill for foss oems but when the best situation happens they claim it's too expensive

Then they go and buy apples because they become nihilist from "cheap locked android botnet phones".

If they are willing to pay $1000 for a locked apple device they can pay the same for a fully unlocked device that can be used for any operating system or by a developer to prototype with.

yeah in performance and specs but not in marketing dude

>If they are willing to pay $1000 for a locked apple device they can pay the same for a fully unlocked device
This is what other manufacturers where hoping for, but they aren't able to get away with being a premium brand like Apple is.

>same specs as other cheaper phones
Yea man it's just their marketing, and not what they're trying to market.

We almost reach 100 comments! I'm proud to be part of this Sony community! ;)

>same specs
>literally the only phone with a 4K HDR AMOLED screen on the market
>literally the only phone that can record 4K HDR video
>one of the best cameras of the market
People won't buy this phone simply because it's not being shilled by "reviewers."

Attached: 1558714256139.png (417x384, 294K)

hope atleast unbox therapy or MKBHD make a review of this phone.

They only do paid reviews, especially MKBHD. Only Samsung, Apple, LG and Huawei.

sony need new marketing strategy!