Start noticing coil whine from my PC

>start noticing coil whine from my PC
>begins faint but gets louder
>send GPU back for RMA
>notice its still there
>take PSU back to the store for replacement (recent upgrade)
>still there
>get frustrated by it while browsing late
>turn off PC
>still hear it
>flick switch on PSU
>still there
>flick switch on socket
>still there
turns out I have tinnitus

Attached: 1527559438565.jpg (620x452, 122K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fan_death
youtu.be/lFnqCTrG35c
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>didn't realize you had tinnitus when you took the psu back to the store and still heard it
fabricated and same-sex attracted

Dumb nigger.
Should have isolated the problem before doing replacements and shit.

I hear it in the evening when its quiet. I didn't hear it when I was in the city with lots of background noise

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>he was confused about having tinnitus

there is no confusing the familiar sound we all know

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>is this bait?

in denial would be more accurate

So that's what that sound I hear is?
Huh.

Loud noises cause Tinnitus. All those times you listened to headphones at maximum volume, all those times you shot guns without ear protection, all those loud concerts
This is the result. The never ending EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE that you can down out but that you can never escape from

Uses tax incel

Stax

No for me I listened to one of those binaural audio tapes. They said play it at medium for 30 minutes. This chink shit with no regulations almost made me go deaf. I’m a musician with stavks and this thing ruined my hearing in 30 kinutes flat. It’s like the crystals meme but with your hearing.

Ah yes blame the product not your inability to determine headphone volume

I looked up binaural audio, it talked about binaural beats and how ancient cultures understood it and theta waves in the brain
What hippy shit were you trying to accomplish?

Ah yes a headphone should be allowed to make people have permanent hearing damage. Surely you aren’t stupid like me for buying koss headphones.

This. What a fucking waste of resources

I mean it’s a lifelong hearing damage issue.

From chink shit. Come on this is g

>They said play it at medium for 30 minutes.
What the fuck is "medium"?

Not blasting. Doesn’t matter joss put loudspeakers in headphones. China is fucked in the cabesa

It can talk to ghosts

Koss*

I was 20

Also you should try lucid dreaming . That’s the only weird shit that turned out to be legit.

OP here I have very sensitive hearing and I've avoided loud noises since I was a kid

I can legit be awake while I sleep. practicing guitar. Not even meming.

So what you're saying is that you've had tinnitus since you were a kid.

I've had tinnitus since as long as I can remember. I was probably born with it.

I've never related to the ultra silent PC obsessed people. I cannot live without constant white noise.

Run a fan on you at night. Thank me later. Bonus points for comfy covers.

I've only just started hearing the ringing noise, at least substantially. If it was dead silent I /sometimes/ hear that very slight eeeeeeeee but I thought everyone got that. now its all the time, louder and I can't ignore it

Headphones man turn that shit down. I play metal and the thing that fucked my hearing was 30 minutes of sound in chink shit headphones. They have no souls.

like I said before I never listen to anything loud. people always tell me to turn the volume up on things because I listen that low. on my iems/phone I use literally the first or second notch on volume

Take it from me and my room of shame

Attached: 18AB10B3-120D-4B57-A841-77CFD8E2ADB1.jpg (750x1000, 70K)

Enjoy your fan death.

at least you don't also have coil whine

Fan death? What?

Attached: 8C6EE9E6-614E-4CD7-AB86-396755E981A4.jpg (1901x1619, 282K)

>If it was dead silent I /sometimes/ hear that very slight eeeeeeeee but I thought everyone got that.
I feel like we need to determine some baseline of normality here.

>fan death

Attached: 1380031_365101576968111_1460697602_n.jpg (492x428, 32K)

It's treatable if you can determine the source. From screwy brain chemistry to damage in the ear. Tinnitus itself is virtually un-treatable but the underlying causes can often be treated thus alleviating the symptoms.
I too have tinittus, can confirm the only way I can sleep is with the white noise of a room fan. Camping I just focus on the wind in the trees.

Koreans believe fan destroys breathable air and makes you suffocate if you keep it on in a closed room.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fan_death

Guess I'm a super spoopy skeleton then because I have literally used fans for sleeping for 20+ years.

That’s gotta be best kind.

This poster is a spoopy skeleton, don't believe anything he says

Is it just letter E?
Can it be full words?
Because before night, sometimes, I hear both

Faaagooot faaaagooot faaagooot faggggoooot.

My advice is never trust someone that is willing to suck a dick. I mean it’s just common sense.

Attached: 1537908046823.gif (200x199, 679K)

Attached: AB3EC075-6A69-4528-9C7C-F23EE5D30A97.jpg (1036x1226, 134K)

Tinnitus isnt the same for everyone. For me is sounds like a frequency sound or crackle, I used to image it like I was hearing 5ghz radio waves... It's also like the crackle/hum from extremely high voltage power lines or substations. Maybe some Ayyys stuck a radio wave receiver in my head.

How old are you, if you have hearing issues like tinnitus? Over 40?

Attached: 1542966901843.jpg (425x425, 24K)

You can have it from basically any age. It's not associated directly with age itself.

you didnt hear it when you unplugged your gpu to send it back? also from background noise?

fake and heterosexual

If this isn't bait (I hope it is) - It's not as terrible as you might think right now. In the beginning weeks a tinnitus is a fucking nightmare but you'll be surprised how quickly you will get used to it.

It sounds like this. Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

What are the factors then? Genes?

Attached: serveimage(17).jpg (282x179, 7K)

You never get used to it you fucking zoomer

Genes and external factors.

Don’t even at me with that garbage life.

With friends like these who needs anal beads.

Depends on the type of sound you're hearing. If your tinnitus is a consistent noise, it could even go away entirely. Mine is high pitched any varying but I've gotten used to it. At least I don't have sleepless nights over it.

Don’t make me slap yo shit stupid

You're wrong if you think there is any real replacement for anal beads.

How do they feel? Like you're about to poop?

I’m not actually gay. I thought it was a funny reference to nemo. You aren’t going to find what you’re looking for here.

You sound genuinely, unironically autistic.

Good for you faggot

This is an anonymous image board.
There's no reason to rush to protect your sexuality.

youtu.be/lFnqCTrG35c

It gunna be ok one day user

Well that’s subjective

Anything sufficiently loud enough will cause that

It’s chink shit. I play metal I proved my equipment yet you so gay. So gay every day

I've got tinnitus in just my right ear, because i'm a complete tard and by stuck a cotton swab far in to my ear when i was 17 (had a blocked up ear from ear wax and was trying to clean it). It hit my ear drum and instantly turned on tinnitus like it flicked a switch. Had it ever since in that one ear. But my hearing is still completely fine (had it tested).

So it's not just loud sounds that cause it. I've heard of people getting punched/knocked on the head and getting tinnitus from it. Basically any form of damage to the inner ear, which obviously loud sounds can also do.

It's the worst shit ever. Some people seem to have it really loud too, and fuck that, i'd kill myself. Mine is moderate, so a nearby fan mostly drowns it out but not fully.

Attached: 640x480_16_colours.gif (640x480, 82K)

You realize you’re a fucking mongo right.

It's not up to the headphones if they can cause damage, it's up to the amplifier.
Headphones all have different resistances. Use high resistance headphones on a weak amp and you don't get much volume. Use low resistance headphones on a strong amp and they'll be loud even at low volume settings.

Chink shit general is that way. Joss deserves a class action.

mods plus fbi/cia take notes on everything you post here, and compile a profile database based on your IP, with attempts to link it to your identity using the same techniques ad companies use to track you across the internet

>here's your iems bro

Attached: img_1495a_mini.jpg (1200x800, 103K)

Charlottesville was an inside job so what nobody will believe you

Attached: 67C6B60D-551A-4CD7-84EB-187A0BC1209B.jpg (1487x1800, 602K)

Even more reason to feed them false information.

>buy a car
>drive it into a wall at high speed
>its their fault for putting a big engine in it! if they had a tiny engine it wouldnt be able to reach speeds where i could hurt myself!

Are you for real?

Obviously. That's why i said "i'm a complete tard".

Don't ever stick shit in your ears kids.

So you just kept jamming that both in there until you were deaf huh?

Shit*

what's coil whine?

How can we be sure?

Let's all say a prayer for tinnitus bro.

Speakers are important for your health people.
Specially on a forum where headphones useage is so high.

Attached: sad.png (657x527, 43K)

Never went deaf, as i said my hearing is completely fine. The cotton swab just hit/touched my ear drum while i was trying to clean out my ear. It didn't puncher it and doctors couldn't see any damage at all. It's pretty fucking easy to get tinnitus...

Guess that's why apparently 1 in 8 people have it to some degree.

Ling Ling cheaps out on power conversion design.

They use a ineffecient AC to DC transformer or a power regulation circuit.
This creates a RF magnetic field in the transformer/coil which is a audible frequency.

All of that is lost energy and the coil/transformer also gets really hot too which is lost energy.

Heat/whine in a mobo/PSU is power not going into your machine.
Also electronics are less effecient when hot so it's never ending.

Lastly that magnetic flux can wear down metal components and the same with heat.

I don’t care stupid shit.

Yeah you proved too dumb to understand how sound works lmao

Attached: 1558355036814.png (895x909, 65K)

Doubt it

Also Ling Ling doesn't listen to radio regulations which say if you create RF fields you need to insulate the inside with grounded RF shielding which they never do because they want to have smaller all plastic devices.

Headphones aren’t just speakers close to your ears faggot.

Doubt it.

What part do you doubt?

Maybe I can have a fake fren one day too.

Attached: 04A04944-24C1-4A2B-A308-8523845AC24D.jpg (1024x754, 206K)

hey think of the bright side
you just got a new GPU and PSU
lucky you!

This actually happened to me lmao. Started hearing an electrical noise in my left ear while using the PC. Tried to find out where it was coming from, and eventually realized its tinnitus lol.
Well anyway its mostly gone now.