/spg/ - Smartphone General

Chin edition.

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: htc-hero-3[1].jpg (600x587, 59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

android.com/one/
gsmarena.com/search.php3?
nokiamob.net/2019/05/24/rumors-not-much-time-left-before-the-announcement-of-nokia-6-2-and-nokia-5-2/
express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/1116326/Google-Pixel-3-Canon-80D-DSLR-camera-comparison-smartphone-review
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Hi rapists, I need a new phone
Currently have a Galaxy S6. The speaker is dying, the battery is dying, I literally cant root it because of the insane security the AT&T version has, and it lags frequently.

Attached: 1528650039869.jpg (1175x1138, 109K)

My first smartphone was the HTC legend, the battery cover eventually became loose and easy to come off, which was annoying.
It eventually decided to jump off the phone mount on my motorcycle as I hit a sightly raised man hole cover coming off a bridge at around 80kph. The phone held together pretty well, the battery cover came off, the battery came out, the screen glass spider webbed and there where chipped corners in the chassis but the phone was still functional. The estimated repair price was more expensive than the HTC Wildfire S so I just got that instead as small fragments of glass was coming off everywhere.

Attached: htc-legend-a6363[1].jpg (1098x1200, 141K)

>bought a Mi Mix 2s on Ali 2 months ago
>spent 300usd + 90usd on custom taxes
>it still sitting on my custom, because the slack fuckers can't do the bureaucracy yet
>K20 it's next to us already
>It's going to cost probably the same 300usd that I paid for the Mi Mix 2s
>apparently it's way better than my mi mix 2s
>I don't know how many more do I have to wait to receive my smartphone in the first place
How can I deal with this feel bros?

The K20 has a better processor, but the Mix 2s has an aluminium frame and generally nicer build quality. Pop up camera vs chin cam is a matter of preference.

Your fault for buying from chink websites you total cunt

Mi 9 se Vs pixel 3a?

The Bruce Campbell of phones

Pixel obviously

W-what?

Kek! Amazon India is 'celebrating' Huawei Week.

Attached: D7eaX4LU8AA0myT.jpg (1200x400, 67K)

Pixel 3

When will notebookcheck and gsmarena release full reviews of asus zenfone 6? I'm most interested about battery life. Teardown would be nice to see aswell. For battery mod capabilities.

Do you recommend the Mi 9 instead?

So close to pulling the trigger on buying the Pixel 3a outright.

Tell me why I shouldn't? How bad will I fuck up if I do buy it?!

Guys, explain like I am 5 yrs old, how can I evolve or minimize burger sanctions to Huawei on next devices (AFAIK existing devices will continue to work)? Is there a way to continue using GMS?

Get the Mi 9 instead, much better specs for the same price

How long until the zenfone 6 is released in europe ?
Should I buy it from amazon ?
I'm tired of waiting bros

Attached: 1490769451347.jpg (564x677, 55K)

Holy fuck, it's not like Huawei is affected outside of the States. Why are they cutting their prices?

Yes they are affected outside the US as well. They won't get US products and official Android from Google anymore, they're pretty fucked, not just in the US.

>bypass or minimize
*slfx*

But the Mi 9 is a Chinese brand. It'll get zero software support and be replaced by another faceless model within months.

The Pixel 3a will still get continued software support and retain value for trade in later on.

I have a Xiaomi phone for two years now, not even a flagship like the Mi 9 (cost me 140€)
Still runs great
You can also flash ROMs if you like
But if you prefer to spend the same amount for much worse hardware then fine

This was my first smartphone as well. It had a good display and a good camera at the time, but _everyone_ eventually had issues with the back cover. I even had to order a replacement once. The battery eventually died as well and the phone was slow as DOGSHIT. It nearly drove me crazy.

I get 14 hours on my Zenfone Max Pro M1, you can expect similar from it.

If you value the camera highly it won't be a mistake.

Shit processor, shit bezels. Camera no better than chink flagships with gcam.

>Camera no better than chink flagships with gcam
again with this shit

Of course. It has superior specs and costs roughly the same as the Pixel 3a, with the added benefit of being a thing outside of the US.

>Camera no better than chink flagships with gcam.
Not to forget that with something like the Mi9 you also get a wideangle and a telephoto lens, whereas with the Pixel 3a you're stuck with a single lens

Same.

That OLED though~

Attached: camera.webm (960x540, 2.33M)

Herofag here, Sense was big trash and we were stuck on donut for ages. I ran an AOSP eclair rom.

What do you think are the best phones to buy right now? I'm certain it's the Zenfone 6 and K20 Pro. OnePlus is junk, Galaxy phones have holes in them, Pixels are still old and shit, any other chinee phone is not worth considering.

Oppo Reno 10x

855, no notch shit, no LCD, camera almost as good as P30P.

Attached: oppo-reno-10x-zoom-2[1].jpg (567x680, 85K)

>pixel
Different user here, but please explain why.

>no 3.5mm
>no MicroSD slot
>No custom Roms
>No official support
>No unofficial support
>Premium pricing for a shit brand
Seems like a shit phone to me.

it's pretty sad but honestly the anus phone is legitimately the best option
>no entirely FUCKED touchscreen like oneplus who still can't for the life of them make a FUNCTIONAL PHONE
>no retarded hole in the screen
>not chink shit that will never ever be updated to a more recent version of android
>not a gimped processor in the name of saving costs while still managing to be wildly overpriced for what it is like pixel 3a

if it had an amoled screen and more subtle branding i'd buy it so fast. the flip camera is a little fucking dumb but i'll take that in exchange for a functioning touchscreen, no retarded holepunch that interferes with apps, probable updates, etc.

that said anus shills can fuck right off.

I'm leaning towards zenfone 6, and the romoured xiaomi redmi pro 2 as being the best phones.

>still happily using my V20
just wish it were waterproof, then it would be perfect in every way

Attached: NAUGHTY.png (226x303, 79K)

>waterproof
Zip lock makes a wonderful product, or you could shrink wrap your phone if you know a guy.
t. guy from the beach

how well does that shit actually work? i'm going to dominican republic in about 24 hours and i want to carry a wallet with me so i can tip the workers but i don't want it to be filled with soggy bills
just gonna leave my phone inside because i'm on vacation tbch

Fuck, buying Mi 9 really blows when this is coming

Attached: redmi-k20-snapdragon-730-poster.jpg (1080x2018, 252K)

Trying to clear stock before the harsh cold reality sinks in and the normies refuse to buy their phones because of muh google.

>how well does that shit actually work
Really well. Use common sense though.
I like doing zip lock, and tape, because I could still take it out, and charge it when I'm on land, and I could still kind of use it while it's zip locked.
I reckon that you could safely surf, and dive with it while it's in your fagbag as log as you keep it airtight.

>safely surf, and dive with it while it's in your fagbag
alright, fair enough. can't find my PADI card anyway but it's good to know it'll work for snorkeling too

Do you carry it in a man purse? how do you deal with carrying a tablet with you all the time? genuine question.

Posted from my galaxy s4 mini

What do you use to make a back-up with Android (LOS)? Apps, Settings, etc.? I can't find a decent solution.

When the budget Motorola One Vision has OIS it's stupid to buy an expensive phone without it (e.g. Zenfone).
You cannot take good photos without OIS.

Wait for the next batch of budget shitphones, they will all have it.

I don't buy a smartphone for the camera though.

IP rating doesnt test salt water or chlorine. Only fresh water. After IP water test phones are dried not left wet, I think. Bagging your phone is best always.

EIS is good on asus z6.
IP rating is misleading.

Are there any $200-400 AUD non-chink phones worth buying, or xiaomeme the way to go? looking for something to allow me to stop taking my giant blackview bv9500 everywhere

It's not a proper zoom lens at all, it just goes straight to 10x. You can't choose between 4x, 6x, 8x, like that.

The only phones worth buying are the ones that you can install custom firmware/Roms on. Find one in your price range that's good enough for you user.

Get a "Android One" phone.
android.com/one/
(click all phones)
It's google certified stock Android program agreed to by OEMs, no bloat.

Or get a Pixel and enjoy unlocking the bootloader and flashing TWRP+Magisk+LineageOS+Xposed+Fdroid

If you like to be more autistic.

good to know, thanks friend

Best camera ever.

That case back looks gay as fuck. Like it's got scratches all over it.

>best camera ever
I don't habeeb it, and why do people buy smartphones for their cameras?
Like bruh just buy an Eos M, and install magic lantern.

Because a camera doesn't fit in your pocket

But it does, and even the cheap point and shoots are better than any camera you'd find on a smartphone.

Only extreme losers and hipsters walk about with a fucking camera in their pocket. It’s almost as embarrassing as having a 3ds with you.

>even the cheap point and shoots are better
objectively false

Phone cameras thrash point and shoot one. Why buy a dedicated camera when a smartphone does the job nicely?

When will the Nokia 8.1 Plus be released?
I'm tired of waiting.

>why do people buy smartphones for their cameras?
surprise, autist, most people don't want to spend lots of money on multiple devices

Only a shut in loser autist aspie incel would not see how important it is to have a godly camera in your phone.

So they'll overpay on a smartphone with shit specs just for a shitty camera?
To me it seems like the pixel is just shit, and the mi 9 is less shit.

The 8.1 is the plus of the 8 user and they fucked it up.

>godly camera
>on a phone
Pls name a smartphone where this exists. Cameras are nice to have extras on smartphones, but they are all still complete shit, so they aren't enough to be a deal maker, or deal breaker for me.

I'm talking about the global version of the X71

Give me a list of good smartphones with the headphone jack

Didn’t they put a SD660 in it and it’s trash because of it? I don’t know what Nokia have been doing but they are missing the mark completely.

my point is that most any flagship has a good enough camera for the average consumer
people aren't going to go out and buy a camera because it takes better pictures when what they already have is more than enough for their needs

still very happy with my V20
replaceable battery is nice too

>my point is that most any flagship has a good enough camera for the average consumer
Then why are you arguing with me. Are you, dare I say it, a retard?

gsmarena.com/search.php3?
Have at it user.

>shitty camera

So one of the best cameras on a smartphone that can go toe to toe with DSLRs is shitty in your opinion? Are you a retard?

i'm not the first guy who you started arguing with, retard

I want a large phone that has

>Great battery life
>Headphone jack
>Doesn't break the screen everytime you drop it
>Not apple
>Something that is easy to type on with large hands
>Preferably no face id or fingerprint scanner but I think they all have those now
>Something that can use always on vpn

I have no budget

I have the Motorola G7 and Im having fun with it.
Its my side hoe phone to my iPhone XR.

The only thing that sucks ass is a glass back.

Pixel 3a xl

>i'm not the first guy who you started arguing with, retard
Your point?
>So one of the best cameras on a smartphone that can go toe to toe with DSLRs is shitty in your opinion?
Go to tie toe with a DSLR. No it can't, and your shitty opinion doesn't make what you say as close to being the truth.
> Are you a retard?
No, I haven't been diagnosed professionally at the very least.

It's actually only 5x optical zoom, 10x is "hybrid" zoom.

>I have no budget
Be more specific, or just go to gsmarena, and use the phone finder. Report back with what you found

you asked why consumers don't buy point-and-shoots
i responded
now you're mad i responded???

Attached: hit or miss.jpg (850x1284, 108K)

I'm fairly certain Nokia X71 will be launched as Nokia 6.2 globally

>you asked why consumers don't buy point-and-shoots
I did not ask this. You're being retard dedicated user.

okay, so wasn't you? and wasn't either?

nokiamob.net/2019/05/24/rumors-not-much-time-left-before-the-announcement-of-nokia-6-2-and-nokia-5-2/

Pixel 3a

Three of those were my post, but none of them
>asked why consumers don't buy point-and-shoots
at all.

Zenfone 6

You have poor reading comprehension skills.

cannot believe you're this much of a dumbass

Should I cancel my oneplus 7 pro order? I’m seeing lots of issues with ghost touches and bad WiFi

>none of the posts claim to ask why pointyshooties aren't more popular for consumers
>Calls someone else a dumbass
You should hit the books dumbfren, because you have a nigger like level of reading comprehension. You should be embarrassed of yourself.

>gsmarena got their zenfone 6 in for review
Based. Should be up soon bros.

Yes it can:

express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/1116326/Google-Pixel-3-Canon-80D-DSLR-camera-comparison-smartphone-review

any vietnamese here?
should i buy an old galaxy s8 active or an old s8 or note 8?
any phone that is in this price range?
i only need an amoled screen and a headphone jack. Being tough is a plus.

anyone with zenfone max pro m1, should I update to Pie?

Redmi K20 Pro