PS3

So I accidentally broke this part from the PS3 power supply board, is it okay or na? Also I water good to clean boards if dried with a dryer?

Attached: IMG_20190526_045203248.jpg (4000x3000, 2.14M)

As long as nothing was on that bit, no issue.
Also do not clean a psu board with water. It's like throwing a toaster in a bathtub.
Manual dusting will be fine. If you have a makeup brush or something around they tend to work pretty well to get into the small spaces.

I cleaned the board of the DVD drive with tap water and proceed to dried with a hair dryer, do you think it is dead or na?

Already check it, thanks man. It surprisedly worked!!

>okay or na?
The word is "not" you chimpbecile

Ofcourse you can clean it with water, do not listen to that retard, water does not conduct electricity, if it did all fish in the water would die during storm.

You need dirty water to fuck up electronics, because dirt in it could conduct electricity

It is why salty water with iron powder in it does conduct some.

this

Don't forget a detergent. A bog standard washing up liquid is best.

I put my PCB's in the dishwasher on a low temp rinse cycle just to make sure all the dirt is removed and then in the oven at 100°c. Up the temp to 250°c for 3 or 4 mins at the end to give the components a reseating in the solder.

Hope this helps.

>water does not conduct electricity, if it did all fish in the water would die during storm
How do electric eels work then? Can they only electrocuted things through direct physical contact? (Not trying to question your knowledge, just trying to learn something new)

Attached: CeMLNU9K.png (800x600, 524K)

>Messing around near high voltage caps while sounding this incompetent
You're going to kill yourself you retard

Eels use direct contact when shocking a victim, racing forward towards them to apply the greatest charge possible.

Pretty sure he doesn't have them plugged in when he's cleaning them, that would be retarded.

Thanks user

Do you understand what a capacitor is?

>water does not conduct electricity
put a 220v wire in a sink full of water, and touch water

there will be a bunch of conflicting replies about cleaning bare electronics with water
yes, it can be dangerous, especially with mains devices, but it is a legitimate way to clean them
but you have to ensure the device is absolutely, completely, dry before you power it back up, both for the safety of the device and yourself
leaving the device in a warm, dry place overnight should be considered a minimum. if you don't have a dry place, try placing it in a sealed container with white rice or other moisture-absorbing material (may require more than a day)

oh yea, and while it's true that pure water doesn't conduct electricity, your water isn't pure, even if it was pure, your device is not clean, the water will quickly pick up contaminants, making the water conductive
so in /practice/, water might as well be considered conductive

>pure distilled water does not conduct electricity
ftfy.
If you're not in a lab, good luck with keeping that water pure.
Also don't clean electrics using water. Use Isopropanol instead.

Of course I know what a cap is.

OP is asking advice here which means one, he/she's got an extra chromosome or two, she/he's larping and knows she'll/he'll get stupid responses.

If the mentalist cunt is stupid enough to use tap water to clean a PCB, who am I to give two fucks if they shock themselves from an undischarged capacitor?

Water does conduct electricity you complete retard, just not well. But sure as hell better than air. Anyway you can wash electronics with water but you have to make sure they're completely dry before plugging them into anything.

I dont think any cap in a mb is big ebough to shock you

The conduction path is likely going to be short and the chances of it discharging through his arms are not as high as blindly grabbing the board and getting a good shock in the hand. Besides it's a good way to learn a lesson if one is dumb/new.

Attached: computer.jpg (1280x720, 136K)

You "can" wash with water, but it oxidises and can cause rust etc, thus you need distilled water, and not regular water. That is, if you really need to wash it.