Rockbox general thread

rockbox.org/

Attached: rockbox_doom_small.jpg (400x268, 66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hackaday.com/2018/11/21/battery-swap-keeps-sansa-clip-chugging/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

These are still around?

Sure
Development is slow though. There will probably never be another native port.

man those were the days

Still rocking the sansa clip+. Had to re-soilder the jack and change battery, but still an awesome little player

I recently resurrected my iPod classic with rockbox, but it's having USB read/write issues (not just a problem with rb, it happened with the native Apple firmware too).

Should I try to fix it with an SD kit or whatever or is it time to invest in one of those newer chink players that runs rockbox? My only real requirement is support for 128+ gb of storage, ideally via microsd

just
use
your
phone
grandma

Oh, it's that player firmware that won't allow me changing tracks by buttons if I enable loop 1 track.

>loop 1 track.
Why would anyone ever use that?

>he doesn't have ten hour classical symphonies as 10GB .flac files on his portable playback device
fucking norman

Attached: .jpg (1196x2572, 655K)

what version of the game is that/mod, that doesn't look like standard doom

and drain the battery, my phone is for making phone calls, I don't drag that shit everywhere because I don't want people to reach me most of the time, I fucking hate phones.

dedicated device tends to get FAR better battery life while doing its thing then the phone ever would.

Not OP but that's definitely freedoom
I'm pretty sure it comes with rockbox

When I saw this I got excited, but I have a nano 3g so its useless

thanks

what kind of piece of shit walmart phone do you have where playing music kills the battery

any phone, that whole non removable battery and going as thin as possible fucked battery life for everything.

I use my phone for nothing but music, text messaging and the occasional openstreetmap search, I don't have to charge it more than once a week. My phone has a 5000mah battery. Phones with twice the capacity have existed for years now, whatever you're using must be complete trash if it's forcing you to buy a dedicated PMP because of battery life.

Attached: battery life.png (720x1280, 88K)

I wish there was a Cayin n3 port

Attached: result.jpg (4160x3120, 1.57M)

gib faster opus decoder ppz

My DAP works better as a DAP than my phone does

are they still downmixing everything to 44.1/16?

bump

Attached: DAP History.jpg (3740x1189, 3.15M)

Yo nibbas is there any way for the list of albums once you click on an artists name to include the year in addition to the name of the albums? It would really suck ass if I had to go manually rename all of my albums but it looks like I might have to do that...

Attached: image.jpg (1080x1072, 648K)

I never liked how it had to create a database everytime I added music so I removed it

just buy and iflash quad + microsd and if it doesn't work buy another ipod and pop it in there

I ask because I'm used to things like spotify telling me the year alongside the album and I don't want to forgo that convenience.

I don't always remember the order of an artist's discography (rockbox orders albums alphabetically) and I don't want to click on every single album to figure out what came first.

I really wish i still had my sansa, that was a fun little device, plus microsd expansion
i prefer saving space on my phone for other shit other than a bunch of flac and mp3 files

is there any decent solution to use bluetooth on an ipod? cordless music while im in the car or work would be nice but so far the choices just add bulk

Attached: KIMG0016.jpg (1920x2560, 376K)

An old-ass version of it

roblox general?

Convert those flac to mp3, there is no reason for you to have those on there.

too lazy to be honest. i already know with this ipod im not hearing anything different, i just don't have the time or patience to do it.

Neither did I, so I just use the File directories.

>2019
>MP3

I agree, I only use flac now.

I'm pretty sure my battery went. Source for replacements? How do you open it without fucking it all up?

Same, mine's still going good.

Does the screen turn on when plugged in?

>Does the screen turn on when plugged in?
Nope. Just ended up dead one day. Hadn't done anything with it in a few months, plugged it in, and nothing.

I use vorbis :^)

I personally do it occasionally. Does it really matter, though?

Yea probably battery & maybe charge control
hackaday.com/2018/11/21/battery-swap-keeps-sansa-clip-chugging/
batteries are pretty easy to replace, eventually I might put a 18650 on mine and make it into a tube player the size of the battery, just so it lasts 2 weeks lmao

>he fell for the chinkshit meme