What do you consider to be the best NAS OS?

What do you consider to be the best NAS OS?

Attached: o735.jpg (764x700, 83K)

ubuntu

xpenology

>he uses docker

Attached: 1458201340947.png (600x600, 478K)

Omv

Illmatic

The one you like the most and enjoy using.

OMV and Unraid
freenas is a bitch.

Gentoo

It's very convenient

I dunno but my own personal use I've had very good luck with FreeNas. It just works.

Combined with Plex & Transmission and the built in FTP server its a nice package. My data is safe from pretty much anything, short of my house burning, that is. If the boot device shits I can be up and rolling again in 30 min thanks to the Config back up file.

I think a lot of the hate has to do with people who do not follow the recommendations in the freenas manual or on the website. They half ass it, just toss it on any old computer they got and expect perfect results. Sorry but it was not designed to be half assed. So then they complain when the pool shits or the performance is lacking or data errors creep in.

the linux os

Debian and snapraid. You can thank me later.

Attached: IMG_20190406_212849.jpg (4032x3024, 2.47M)

Ubuntu with zfs.

Arch linux hardened kernel.

You seem to forget that Jow Forums is contrarian, as per usual for 4tnite boards

Why would I run such an os?
Currently use Ubuntu with a dozen docker containers.
Why would I change

debian+snapraid+mergerfs

>Why would I run such an os?
Why wouldn't you want to run a far more intuitive version of the same thing?

Idiots like you intentionally keep things less intuitive to feel a sense of superiority.

Windows Server.

Debian

cringe

CentOS or Debian (headless) + ZFS

Windows, actually.

And yet you have given me absolutely zero reasons to use it.

Ubuntu
> Same package manager allows simpler scripts
> Docker containers are all provided by external parties, work ootb
> Configuration is stored seperately and consistently thanks to docker mappings, allowing easy backup/recovery
> It just werks

I use Windows Server 2016. It hosts SMB and and some VMs.
Sonarr, Radarr, Bazarr, Sabnzbd, Transmission run in Docker containers on Alpine Linux.
Plex runs in an Ubuntu Server VM.
Guacamole also runs in an Ubuntu Server VM.
Separate VM for Nginx, which serves as a reverse proxy.

It works alright.

Not even meming. I have a headless gentoo box with 3×2TB ssd's and 3×4TB hdd's that runs mhddf+snapraid+nfs. It exposes two distinct pools (ssd and hdd) for a proxmox host that runs on a separate box.

>Sonarr, Radarr, Bazarr, Sabnzbd, Transmission run in Docker containers on Alpine Linux.
why run docker in a vm?

None of the ones on the list or ITT already
OmniOS
Why even bother with OS's that don't have native zfs support in kernel?

This. I run a headless nfs server with raidz2 8 3tb drives and an SSD for the os

Debian.

I just like having things separated and I don't like Docker on Windows, for whatever reason.