Redpill me on mpv.net

Redpill me on mpv.net.
Isn't it objectively the best option for Windows users?

Attached: mpvnet.png (256x256, 7K)

Yes. Alhough I still prefer vanilla mpv, I have to admit that it is very convenient.

I still use MPC-HC, used to use CCCP, but rip.

Has context menu.

Attached: Menu.png (1764x1417, 1.27M)

Has settings UI that is optional to use.

Attached: ConfEditor.png (2070x1485, 238K)

Looks like vanilla mpv with the exception of the icon.

Attached: Main.png (3840x2160, 2.88M)

So, mpv for normies

Has better keybindings than vanilla mpv by default.

Attached: InputEditor.png (2220x1485, 214K)

Yes and no. While it lowers the entry barrier of mpv to normies, it also maintains the same core functions of vanilla mpv. So advanced users can still use the CLI, apply user scripts or make their own configs.

But why? My mpv build seems good enough.

mpv for non autistic people?

Mpv of current century.

does it run it's own instance of everything?

Pretty sure it's slightly outdated since it requires an extra step to get all the updates, and there were some new bugs, and there were less options. Meanwhile you only get a useless expanded GUI.
It's pointless.

Yes.

Its definitely more updated than Lanzch0rs builds and on par with Shinchiro delivering updates. You get a working mpv with more options out of the box.

Can't it only use libmpv and not the other APIs?

Last mpvnet release was the 25th, the one before the 22nd, meanwhile Shinchiro's was the 19th. That's slightly outdated.
And it was missing features like portable installation, to be honest, I don't keep up with it that well so I don't know what it's missing still but I think it now has that. Saying it's a working mpv is deceitful though, normal mpv works as good, generally better.

>And it was missing features like portable installation
mpv.net has portable version.

>Last mpvnet release was the 25th, the one before the 22nd, meanwhile Shinchiro's was the 19th. That's slightly outdated.
3-5 days release behind another build is considered outdated now?

>Saying it's a working mpv is deceitful though, normal mpv works as good, generally better.
Never said that vanilla mpv did not work. The only deceitful one here is you, user.

MPC-HC is still best and there's no reason to upgrade to be quite honest.

>mpv.net has portable version.
Past tense. I already said I think it now has that.

>3-5 days release behind another build is considered outdated now?
No, slightly outdated.

>Never said that vanilla mpv did not work.
It was implied, only reason to include "working" would be to imply it is different than mpv in that regard, which is deceitful. The same sentence without "working" would either mean the same thing, which would mean it's pointless. Or it would be an implication that mpvnet works better in some regard, which is false. A different word than deceitful might actually fit better here, but I hope you understand me.
In short, learn to read.

For the Windows users, of course.

What's the point of using other APIs?

madVR compatability

But why? My mpv build seems good enough.

People have gotten mpv to work with madvr?

Not all Windows users know how to use a cli, user.

nah not autistic enough for me.
I like code where I can see everything functioning.

>FOSS user friendly front end for Windows normies.
>Autists can still use their scripts and configs.
How can this be bad again ?

>It was implied, only reason to include "working" would be to imply it is different than mpv in that regard, which is deceitful. The same sentence without "working" would either mean the same thing, which would mean it's pointless.
That is some mental gymnastics there, buddy.

>Or it would be an implication that mpvnet works better in some regard, which is false.
For arguments sake, lets say I did imply this. It is not a wrong statement since mpv.net is a user friendly front-end of mpv.

>So advanced users can still use the CLI, apply user scripts or make their own configs.
But they don't have any reason to use it, when the improvements are solely aimed at newbies.

So? It's not needed for mpv.

>That is some mental gymnastics there, buddy.
It really isn't. If you say something is a working variant, it's implied that the other variant isn't working.

>For arguments sake, lets say I did imply this. It is not a wrong statement since mpv.net is a user friendly front-end of mpv.
Absolutely not, mpv works just as well. Being easier to use is not "working". mpv works better even, since it has less bugs.

Bloat and added bugs and had less features (previously at least, can't be bothered to keep up with it).

>mpv works better even, since it has less bugs.
Give me a list of the bugs user. Cause I sure don't see them anywhere.

>Bloat
No bloat to be found. Consume as much RAM as vanilla mpv and the installation folder size is around 76MB.

>Give me a list of the bugs user. Cause I sure don't see them anywhere.
I don't know the current bugs, but just looking at the release list lists a couple of bugs regarding the extra UI.

native d3d11 works the best for me. There is also vulkan.

yes

Attached: mpvnet_openjpg.png (722x766, 809K)

I am not autistic enough to notice and fucking difference between it and mpc. So I dont switch because mpc does everything I need

wtf, you can't even use gpu-api=d3d11 with mpv.net? lmfao, what a shitshow. Good thing we have shinchiro builds.

Not the API's he's talking about. I thought it didn't even use libmpv actually, just plain old mpv.

it's not for mpv, it's for windows users
why are you so autistic

Attached: d3dllapi-mpvnet.png (1030x740, 60K)

We were definitely talking about needing cli for mpv mate. You have no idea what I said.

pot player

You don't need cli to use normal mpv on windows you autismo

finally a non autistic mpv

you mean a retard friendly version

really don't care what some autist thinks is retarded or not

Attached: 2019-05-26 14_26_45-Window.png (957x573, 416K)

>autist
You mean someone who isnt't retarded

whatever you say, autist

>whatever you say
You're damn right, retard.

can you not, Im trying to fap, go read a manual, autist

cant feel superior over memorizing hotkeys and config options anymore

Nah, I still feel superior knowing my build uses less resources and offers more. mpv.net is restricted to libmpv only.

>I still feel superior
you can feel anything when you're delusional

mpv.net is one of the recommended media player in the Jow Forums windows software guide.

Attached: winsoft_guide.png (2023x7836, 1.59M)

not a surprise, it's a shit guide.

>edit guide to incorporate my software
>use it as evidence for its superiority
Brilliant!

Everyone can edit this image you mongoloid

this is the dumbest shit

>hurrrrr use torrent client which makes you agree to liability disclaimer
>much better than deluge because qb has a stronger feeling to it
>chrome is not recommended

this is not even quality bait
you people are just dumb

Very first run of flatpak of gnome frontend for mpv installed my my KDE box.
Didn't even have to paste the url.
It read it from my clipboard.

Attached: out.webm (1680x1050, 2.89M)

Would you use that in order to have GUI settings instead of autistic configs? Just curious since I haven't even tried to change anything on my Windows version of mpv

Attached: 1558517101878.jpg (1076x1333, 716K)

No more like mpv for non-autists who don't feel like googling every time they want to flip an unfamiliar setting.

No, fuck off you fucking shill.

Why would you flip a setting you don't even know about? If you'd know you'd want to flip it, you'd know about it.

Why not mpc-hc?

Autists are afraid of a front-end

Attached: 2019_05_10_075801.png (362x265, 44K)

I know what I want to do but I don't know what mpv calls it or what the parameter is.

In that case I'd say there's no difference between searching in a GUI or in a manual. I'd prefer the manual because those are generally slightly easier to read.

i'm talking about for non-autistic people though.

Still, there's no real difference.

Mpv.net is pretty-damn decent, so far.. Been using it for three months, I'm almost convinced to switch over to it as my main player (HTPC over NAS). I don't do media/games on my Linux partition ory Linux laptop, so this works for me. The GUI is miles-beyond the last one I used for mpv.
Some people just. appreciate what simplicity means to others. Not here to re-ignite console-wars, just telling you how my experiences with the software went.
My test was (as always) with a 10-bit BR remux of my favorite movie..flawless to me.

Attached: 7.8gb.jpg (1920x1080, 1.75M)

Attached: mpcweak.png (607x608, 330K)

>no honeyview
>no musicbee
How can anyone take this guide seriously?

>Redpill me on freecult communist bullshit.
You are so clever, op.

That is not Jow Forums recommend anything, its simply a just created by freetards to push their crapwear using deception. Freetards are non-human garbage.

install SMPlayer

>recommended media player in the Jow Forums windows software guide.
Who gives a shit. If you can't use mpv, don't use mpv.

well fuck that then. i already have it running always
i appreciate this, but what's the memory usage, db size? how often does indexing run? does this mean load time, or does mpv net run in background?
is it badly optimized? considering its doing this instead of hooking up to everything instance that user runs, its already pretty bad

mpv is really an optimized media player. Memory usage depends on the file size, and video configuration. On default settings or even using profile=gpu-hq, it will consume less than VLC or MPC.

What's so good about this? Windows media player does everything you need

Except play HEVC without paying.

keep seething turbo autist

Attached: mpvnet_smug.png (256x256, 33K)

But user. I can use, do use mpv.. .net

you are a joke

Good to know. I never know what to suggest to my winblows using friends because I realise mpv will be too complicated for them.

Your friends are retarded if mpv is too complicated

t. windows and mpv user

that coming from an autist is not saying much.

In the "some random user who posts on Jow Forums"'s software guide.

>BLOAT

the absolute cope

Attached: rmslaugh.jpg (550x328, 52K)

Why doesn't linux have this?

Didn't honeyview get chinked after a certain version?

I'm sorry, do they support the libmpv api? Or are you talking about a different API?

gnome-mpv does I believe

finally, a fucking gui
welcome to win98 level of technology you insufferable linux faggots

Attached: death.jpg (400x400, 119K)

So how do I disable the window borders?
The usual mpv setting in the config doesn't work.

Someone show me those menus on w7

Attached: sSCjs0J.png (819x491, 81K)