Small self cloud

Whats the best way to have a little self cloud to access my shit from 2 different homes and my work?
Just buy one of this things or attach some pi or whatever fuck is the meme now to a regular external drive since no one of that shits have sata ways?
Can the pi shit serve video to android dongles?

Attached: file.png (425x425, 27K)

>Self cloud
IT'S CALLED A FUCKING SERVER

This. Fuck zoomers.

Pi is absolute trash as a plex or kodi server, use anything else

You buy a shitbox PC, you fill it with disks, you set a route through your modem, you access your shit. Why the fuck are you even on this board?

Buy a simple NAS most of them offer tools for your needs.
When you come to the point where you need more.
Come back and ask...
But dont forget to read about it use metager and so on for your searching.
Nobody likes people which dont use "search engine".

and then your network gets raped because your a fag using a 'consumer' cloud

but the rockpi has sata
and i think the banana pi too.

Nextcloud + ssh tunnel over VPN.

don't do this, ever

>FUCKING SERVER
slaves shall

So how do i stop the rest of my network getting compromised if the nas gets hacked?

you don't
that shit is a meme

fuck that, no way am i getting one then

why are they allowed to sell them?

Why do you need to move between your mother AND your father's basement? Can't you just stick to one?

> Don't do something that people have been doing since networks existed.

Spotted the consumerfags. Too retarded too build your own solution from the ground up? Get the fuck off Jow Forums you useless cunts.

but HOW? i can run a firewall, build nas, forward ports no bother but how do i secure the network from the nas? its already behind the firewall and router, that's unsecure as fuck to let internet traffic into.

D M Z
M
Z

how the fuck does that help? the nas is still on the lan!

kill yourself

so no answer, yeah that what I thought.

What is your concern, that a compromised NAS server could be a beachhead into your LAN? A real firewall like pfSense can isolate a single device. Some consumer routers might be able to do it too.