Give me 1 reason why you aren't using Pop_OS right now

Attached: Screenshot-from-2018-01-12-23-33-28.png (801x451, 106K)

It's redundant and offers nothing over the Ubuntu on which it is based.

GNOME

/thread

Looks like a meme distro, made so a brand can have more control over their hardware. (not necessarily a bad thing) Unlike Solus which absolutely is not a meme, and I have been using for almost 2 years.

If that doesn't work there is always Mint to fall back to.

QubesOS looks reasonably secure and compatible. It looks like the way forward. But I'm still looking into it.

>popass
bad distro name

How can a screenshot be out of focus just nuke that garbage OS

SHIT! Used reddit spacing..

Attached: Haruhara.Haruko.full.619124.jpg (1024x768, 386K)

>shitnux

pop_os sounds gay

I don't use Ubuntu, and I don't need an introduction os to looonichs.

poopOS

>Solus
Sounds excellent, but I think I'd sooner hop to Fedora Silverblue if I'm heading in the flatpak direction.

>newest derivative ubu*Toid
Yikes.

Attached: 1557076468914.jpg (824x720, 65K)

GNOME is the worst DE/wm in existence. It's basically i3 that needs a dedicated GPU and a 5GHz CPU to not stutter.

I've been out of the loop, the hell is sirvelblue and how is it different from regular fedora?

It's based on Ubuntu

I never use flatpaks. Just what is included in the repos.

Why should I?

Solus is kind of a meme. Also they pissed me off recently with some part of their mandatory updates that made everything run 20% slower. Can't opt out either, kinda ghey but until then I was using it happily. Switched to Void, it's actually pretty comfy

The system is walled off in Silverblue (immutable). Seemed interesting. I'm not gonna actually try it. I mainly use Xubuntu. I hopped to MX which is comfy if you like an autistic shitload of DE customization tweaks, but I may move on. I made Manjaro installation media but I'm highly hesitant.\ and think it might be a big mistake.
I'm not that interested in flatpak at this time either.

it's a reskin of ubuntu but managed by system76

>System76
Sells re-badged Chink laptops.
Deploys re-badged meme distro on said Chink laptops.
kys.

What do you mean by Running 20% slower, Solus has been running as fast as ever for me.

>hardware reseller finally ships an optimized distro for their hardware giving the user the absolute best out of the box desktop experience in any linux laptop/desktop
>Jow Forums spergs out on it crying for muh arch or muh gentoo
like fucking clockwork, you deserve nothing in this fucking shitty tech scene

I tried the live USB version on my iMac 2011 and it was decent but I couldn't get it to control the screen brightness from what I tried.

The only people who need it are System 76 owners. For them it's phenomenal having software made specifically for the hardware.

Everyone else can just use Ubuntu.

>it's redundant
no shit

Based

I have big balls, so I'm using SlammingDeathMetal_OS

i use solus :)

Not using it, but might consider it the next time I want to reinstall since it allows an easy way to get everything installed for deep learning. Any time saved is worth it although I don't like gnome.

i didn't know cartoon network had an os. is this something you run on their website?

because kubuntu is better

pffffffft! Good lord,no.

Kubuntu was a complete mess until last year, but project manager changed and 18/19 is actually decent now.

Wastn't eopkg in solus a bit of a mass and lacking in content? Admittedly I haven't tried it in a while.

It uses apt. Fuck that overcomplicated bullshit that takes microsoft hours to complete their shitty update procedures. I will take easy readable ebuilds/pkgbuilds any day over that bullshit.

There is nothing better then copying a skeleton file over and just replacing the URL field to get any software i want to build.

I have a job

Why does this board get so wrapped up in something superficial like OS? Just pick the right tool for a job and then do the job.

Not everyone uses the computer like a tool for a job. In fact most human don't.

They're caught up in the paradox of choice. Too many distros, too much fragmentation, people eventually forget it's all the same shit.

So, I see you're running GNOME

Attached: anexecutive.jpg (227x222, 4K)

The company System 76 is named after Soldier 76 from Overwatch, and Pop!_OS is named after the Pop! line of toys.
It's literally the söyboy OS for the sœboy computer.

i have a macbook and dont need and even more meme OS

>no, onii-chan, this is actually i3, I just centered the clock on polybar so it looks a bit like gnome, sorry!

Attached: 1506390275192.jpg (1000x1500, 1.09M)

because GNOME is garbage

Because they named it pop os.

Attached: 1511043360223.jpg (400x541, 26K)

>linux
>systemd and tranny coc
>literal who distro

We don't get many single brain cell organisms around here. Sup?

I was kind of admitting it is a bit meme-like by saying that. The transition to QT and other important stuff has halted. I am still satisfied with it, and find it a joy to use. But I am not sure it has a future.

Stop sexualizing children, faggot.

edgy!

sorry Rob, I use Debian like a heterosexual :(

Terrible name. Is the dev Spanish?

The AUR

Solus is a huge meme, The repos are shit and reliance on flatpak/snaps is fucking annoying.

im already using gentoo

>using a Ubuntu reskin

They came up with a name so horrible that it tells me they don't really care about developing a good quality Linux distribution.

Not like Ubongo is a better name.

You honestly believe Ubuntu is nearly as bad as Pop!_OS?

install gentoo

Why the fuck is there an underscore is what I'll never get

The instaler is nicer for noobs imo
The appstore is better designed than Gnome one

And it's has fewer preinstalled packages
Runs faster

It's just Stable Ubuntu. Since Ubuntu stopped giving a fuck after becoming a subsidy for Microshit.

videogames

dumb slut

Currently running Solus. eopkg is lacking in older packages/shit that was replaced, so many older applications can't run until I build from source.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF