ENOUGH

I'm sick tired of being a CS brainlet, sick tired of having to search online whenever I've got problem, sick tired of relying on obscure forums while not being able to do shit
WHERE DO I LEARN SHIT
WHERE DO I LEARN C/C++ THE RIGHT WAY
WHERE DO I LEARN HOW TO USE LINUX BY MYSELF
WHERE DO I LEARN HOW CAN I INTERACT WITH THE INTERNET
I DON'T WANT SHITTY INTERNET VIDEO TUTORIALS I WANT BOOKS AND READABLE RESOURCES

Attached: 1466698582339.png (393x392, 182K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!6CJDmarZ!B0nxjeSbCkgtBlF8PRBDKA
practicalnetworking.net/packet-traveling/packet-traveling/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

install gentoo

Keep trying writting c/c++, breaking linux, etc. That's it. If you are not too stupid you will learn in no time.

I like watching cppcon (or other) replays.
I really enjoyed "Rich C++ for tiny computers".

Do you have a goal in mind? I want to learns everything is not a goal.

If you want to learn programming, start with SICP, then introduction to algorithms by udi manber.

The thing it I've always been doing programming in C for microcontrollers, but that in the end translates to using an IDE which automatically compiles and links shit for you, and all the rest is simply reading the vendor's API specifications and the datasheet.
I know started using Linux (see:Debian, Ubuntu) way more often, especially for rPI tinkering, as well as cmake and C++. I also would like to learn how to make my programs interact more with the Internet, even with simple http requests and the like.

The thing is, these worlds are so vast compared to what I've been doing for years that I really don't know where to start, and without a solid foundation i keep bouncing back to google to search how to do X. It's frustrating, especially because not always you'll find what you're searching for, and in any case I'm not learning efficiently in this way.

>I WANT BOOKS AND READABLE RESOURCES
Ive got a shit load of books on programming backed up
want some user?

JA DANKE

wut?

Here you go. Hope i helped
mega.nz/#F!6CJDmarZ!B0nxjeSbCkgtBlF8PRBDKA
pls no bulli for using mega

>make my programs interact more with the Internet,
beej's guide, read it

i'd be a cunt to bully you for that. many thanks fren

Attached: frens.jpg (1387x702, 109K)

glad to help
don't forget to import

>WHERE DO I LEARN SHIT
online, in books, through experience

>WHERE DO I LEARN C/C++ THE RIGHT WAY
The C Programming Language - K&R
A Tour of C++, Second Edition - Bjarne Stroustrup
Knowledge on C and C++ is vast and highly specific on the internet. Get a book. It'll help

>WHERE DO I LEARN HOW TO USE LINUX BY MYSELF
Install any flavour of linux you want in a VM or use an online shell if you want to get the basics. Maybe start easy. Maybe don't.

>WHERE DO I LEARN HOW CAN I INTERACT WITH THE INTERNET
????
Read http/tcp/ip/www standards I guess? Everything's online. Do you mean, like, how to route a web server? How to ping websites? How to interact with a web API? How to send/receive HTTP requests?

>A Tour of C++, Second Edition - Bjarne Stroustrup
Really really make sure it's the second edition. It's more modern and C++ has changed a Lot in the past few years.

>WHERE DO I LEARN HOW CAN I INTERACT WITH THE INTERNET
practicalnetworking.net/packet-traveling/packet-traveling/

I gotcha, senpai.

>but that in the end translates to using an IDE which automatically compiles and links shit for you, and all the rest is simply reading the vendor's API specifications and the datasheet
Yeah that's pretty much all "production-level" programming. Just because you're using tools to make things easy doesn't mean it isn't "real programming".

I get what you're saying though. I'm a hobbyist programmer and I wanted to really understand programming at it's most basic level. I got to the point where I was writing small programs using Assembly. While it's fun to learn about that stuff I can completely understand why nobody codes in Assembly. It's a pain in the ass.

It's neat to understand how things work but if your goal is to accomplish a task you really don't need to know exactly have anything works. I replaced a bunch of lights in my house recently. I know very little about electricity. I had to look up which wires to attach to which other wires. In the end the new lights work fine and everyone was impressed that I switched some lights on my own. If I asked Jow Forums how to change a light bulb they'd recommend I start by reading "An Introduction to Electrical Engineering". Honestly there's no need for that unless it's to satisfy curiosity.

RFCs

Literally most technology available to the public is based on RFCs but the implementation is either open and poorly documented or proprietary.

If you understand the base technology behind the things you use the implementation doesn't really matter anymore

i know where you're coming from and i agree, i just feel frustrated that when you start lacking those specialized tools for various reasons, then all hell breaks loose, and you just struggle to solve issue that should take way longer to learn than a google search.
e.g. these days i found a neat little project for a synthesizer that has to be built in c++ from scratch, and I spent 4 days arguing with cmake and getting the hang on what is located where on linux to see why every single step was giving me errors.
Then i tried doing the same on a raspberry and lo and behold, everything's not working again, so you turn again on google to finding out how is this new plethora of problem supposed to be solve... it's time consuming and at the end of the day you've haven't learned much on doing things on your own, that's why I got kind of fed up to always rely on forums and stackexchange to solve everything

Learn CS "The Right Way":

Step 0. Learn math (algebra, geometry, discrete math, mathematical logic, floating-point arithmetic, arithmetic algorithms)
Step 1. Read The Art of Computer Programming by Don Knuth
Step 2. Learn how a Turing machine works.
Step 3. Learn how an operating system works.
Step 4. Learn to use the assembly language. (this is important, you'll understand C and Linux better this way)
Step 5. Learn C and manual memory management
Step 6. Learn about data structures
Step 6.1 Learn type hierarchy (char, int, float, streams, array, list, error, hash-table, etc.)
Step 6.2 Learn object manipulation (struct, class, methods)
Step 7 Learn I/O and relational databases
Step 8. Learn tree and sequence manipulation and recursion
Step 8.1 Solve programming problems.
Step 9. Learn HTTP (get, post, headers, etc) and the Web (HTML, javascript, php)
Step 10. Learn how to parse
Step 11.1 Lean regex
Step 11.2 Parsing DSL and API (xml, sql, json)
Step 11.3 Create an interpreted language on C
Step 12. Learn how to manage complicated code (namespaces, packages, libraries, unit testing, github, etc.)
Step 13. Learn GUI
Step 14. Learn parallel programming and graphics (opengl)
Step 15 (Bonus). Create your own web framework.
Step 16 (Bonus). Create your own game engine.

Learn these anytime:
- Learn different programming paradigms. (tip: C++ is a multi-paradigm language)
- Learn LFS (linuxfromscratch.org) and shell scripting
- Learn to touch type and use emacs or vim

Important tips:
- Master the art of debugging (no googling)
- Master the art of documenting

(This is what I had on mind right now)

>where do I learn c/c++
if you don’t have a good understanding of basic OOP you will never be able to program independently

i do have one (I've been using C++, java and C#) but that alone doesn't give me knowledge about the specific implementation of a language

Holy shit what in the world

Thanks Mr. Jesus very cool

Wow user, you are the best. Thanks man :) Heres a slavic pigeon for your efforts

Attached: 1554836114386.jpg (640x479, 43K)

Try 4kev.org

>WHERE DO I LEARN C/C++ THE RIGHT WAY
C: read wikibook, C++: you dont, its overcomplicated garbage.
>WHERE DO I LEARN HOW TO USE LINUX BY MYSELF
install arch and move on to a better distro after a year
>I WANT READABLE RESOURCES
the best method is learning by doing

bittesehr