Early AMD Apology Thread

Its over bros we'll have to continue waiting^tm
until E3 for any real information about zen2
>twitter.com/AdoredTV/status/1132664835773259777?s=19
No 5ghz and lower clocks than expected
>youtube.com/watch?v=PEAVSAoC_Tg
CES will only release x570 info, barely(if any) info about zen2.
>twitter.com/TUM_APISAK/status/1132660727993364480
R3 4core, R6 6 core

E-E3 will be good right bros?

Attached: ayymd.jpg (205x246, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Electronics-Computer-CPU-Processors/zgbs/electronics/229189
amazon.ca/Best-Sellers-Electronics-CPU-Processors/zgbs/electronics/1233052011
amazon.co.uk/Best-Sellers-Computers-Accessories-Processors/zgbs/computers/430515031
amazon.com.au/gp/bestsellers/computers/4913338051
newegg.com/p/pl?d=radeon vii&N=-1&isNodeId=1&Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH
newegg.com/p/pl?d=2080&N=-1&isNodeId=1&Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH
youtube.com/watch?v=5eMl4j_lkTg
youtube.com/watch?v=E65huTcnHJo
gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-RTX-2080-vs-AMD-Radeon-VII/4026vs4035
gpu.userbenchmark.com/Nvidia-RTX-2080/Rating/4026#Prices
gpu.userbenchmark.com/AMD-Radeon-VII/Rating/4035#Prices
newegg.com/zotac-geforce-rtx-2080-zt-t20800g-10p/p/N82E16814500459
pcpartpicker.com/products/video-card/#xcx=0&c=427,437&sort=price&page=1
techgage.com/article/testing-amd-radeon-vii-double-precision-scientific-and-financial-performance/
techgage.com/article/amd-radeon-vii-workstation-performance/
anandtech.com/show/13923/the-amd-radeon-vii-review/3
pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/DaVinci-Resolve-15-AMD-Radeon-VII-16GB-Performance-1382/
youtube.com/watch?v=EQeoyo9SLTo&list=LLHs7InX75W7Y8k_TYAZ-jOg&index=155&t=122s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

For real though AMD doesn't even have to try much to curb stomp intel anymore. Intel CPUs already lost 25% performance when hyperthreading was disabled.

Attached: ZomboDroid 25052019124531.jpg (1280x5760, 942K)

The original leak predicted the low power 6c/12t to have 40/32. The leak now suggest 42/36. That's a win in my book.

This can't be happening. I'm in charge here.

THANK YOU BASED AMD INTEL POZZED HOUSEFIRES BTFO

amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Electronics-Computer-CPU-Processors/zgbs/electronics/229189

amazon.ca/Best-Sellers-Electronics-CPU-Processors/zgbs/electronics/1233052011

amazon.co.uk/Best-Sellers-Computers-Accessories-Processors/zgbs/computers/430515031

amazon.com.au/gp/bestsellers/computers/4913338051

Attached: 1543585518490.jpg (960x720, 116K)

WAIT FOR 10NM AMD WILL BE BTFO

Attached: 1506977173618.jpg (882x758, 324K)

>June 10 Ryzen 3000 announcement at E3
>July 1 Ryzen 3000 & X570 Preorders
>July 7 Performance Embargo lift & ryzen 3000 & X570 launch
>16c Pushing 300w+ on oc

Attached: 1557423210191.jpg (250x221, 11K)

i love the retarded obsession with 5ghz as if it means something
the FX 9590 did 5ghz and it didn't make it beat intel

Attached: 268zj7.jpg (645x729, 32K)

It's because they need 5ghz to beat Intel currently. Anything lower is a loss to Intel.

Because zoomers only know how to compare dollars to clockspeed and ignore real world performance due to overall chip design

Honestly, these might be overclock monsters and make it up to 5ghz easily while Intel rolls out a special bin chip that's completely strung out - we'll see soon enough.

Uhhhh come on guys I shred with 8.4ghz on my nitrogen cooled celeron n4000. I need atleast 5ghz or everything is unplayable

Attached: 47234ded7135c9728a20f0044ddce280_XL.jpg (1200x692, 117K)

Attached: aymd.png (1092x737, 76K)

Go back there.

All leaks are completely fake.

stop giving these fags attention. They're completely guessing to get attention. Then someone gets lucky or somehow it's actually real, and that makes every other "leak" real too apparently

>a reddit post about a resetera post
>on my Jow Forums

AYYMD IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT

AYYMDPOORFAGS CONFIRMED ON SUICIDE WATCH

IF THIS IS TRUE I'M GOING OUT AND BUYING AN 9900K TOMORROW

FUCK AMD

I'M TIRED OF WAITING

Attached: 1434661519414.png (500x500, 133K)

I would only upgrade to play games.
And I don't play games anymore. Feels kinda bad I guess. A steam library I'll never finish.

>waitfags

same here, i bought a pc for play games but nowadays i just see movies or youtube, i don't play in months

>doing great with cpus
>still sucking at gpu

god damn, i just want a new amd card that doesn't blow

You mean a 9700k LOL

>bought into Ryzen knowing Zen 2 would be on AM4
>currently bottlenecking my RTX 2080
>have to wait 2 more months so I can actually drive my 144hz screen

I swear to God I'm never buying AMD anything again if they don't have anything faster than a 8700K

This is not a fucking charity they can't expect me to buy utter shite for the sake of "competition"

Still faster than retarden 2700x

That Gamers Nexus faggot doesn't have a clue what he is talking about. Puget Systems already confirmed they received a 6 core Ryzen for testing.

That faggot didn't get anything sent so he assumes no one else did either. They will be showing the entire Zen 2 lineup today. You're a fucking mong if you think they'd skip computex for fucking E3

nigger, the radeon VII was at par with 2080(and even better in some cases) while costing 100/200 bucks less.

Attached: 1506507630702.png (992x1043, 614K)

You are in stage 1

Attached: kubler-1024x806-1-1024x806.jpg (1024x806, 78K)

Imagine being this stupid.
>hurr durr gayming, on a tech board.

>the radeon VII was at par with 2080(and even better in some cases)
ppffpfpfpt HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

*breaths*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

OH NONONONONONONONO

> while costing 100/200 bucks less.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

hmmm who do I believe

>a very respectable workstation company
>some random gayming faggot on youtube

Attached: 1503848884226.jpg (699x485, 68K)

Nice rumors, retard.

Attached: 1558443530127.jpg (1686x600, 185K)

@71122192
Don't reply to me network """"""engineer"""""""

actually. These waves of rumors so near the computex announcement reeks of desperation.

Except you don't even have to disable hyperthreading.

That's because less and less people care about shitel products but reality doesn't matter to shills. They live in their own heads, outside reality.

Attached: 1537037697953.png (685x570, 80K)

>Except I don't have a job and have momma pay for the CPU I Gayme WITH

Should you need to play games with your 9900K- I mean 9700K ?

Have sex

Go home AMD, you're drunk.

take off your pants and bend over

>Buys 9900K
>Use it to shitpost on Jow Forums because he really can't play.
>Brag about Intel FPS lead
>gets fragged by someone using an A8 APU.

Who's the literal cuck now?

Go ahead and buy Intel. You might not like what you find after all the mandatory mitigation patches. They are half of what they used to be so old benchmark graphs tell nothing.

Cope harder stroke niggers
youtube.com/watch?v=5eMl4j_lkTg
youtube.com/watch?v=E65huTcnHJo

>I have better FPS in GAYMES
>gets continuous losses to guys who play consoles.

Intelfags are actually posers who can't play games.

I still dont get why people shit on Radoen 7, card looks on par with 2080, costs about the same. Why are people mad?

Wow, so for the same price, I can get a slower, hotter, louder GPU.
I hope you're getting paid for this. Because it's embarrassing and obvious.

Attached: 1440p.png (1324x1882, 116K)

That 5GHz really only applies to gayming.
And if they don't hit 5GHz and only reach like 4.7GHz or something, it's still only a marginal loss to the fastest gaming CPU on the market.
But if you look at the higher core counts, AMD is going to destroy them in pricing and performance even with marginal improvements from the current lineup.

Checking prices in our stores the 1950x is about 600€ and only 15% slower than than Intel i9-9920X and that costs 1300€
If they managed to bump it up the performance 10-20% from the current lineup which is practically equal with that i9, then not only will AMD cost few hundred less than the competition, but it will also be faster and most likely cooler than what Intel is offering.
It's basically confirmed already that they beat Intel when it comes to the higher core counts.

over 9000 watts loud cooler no new features
RTX is the biggest development in graphics since GPU compute

Either because they are clinically autistic or just plain old shills.
Amd provided a card that will last longer, is on par with a current card at a slightly lower price but everyone expects amd to provide a magical card that gives double the performance and costs 1/3.
>illiterate nigger doesn't know how to read
what else is surprising
Cope harder.

>But muh synthetics!
Where's the beef?

Attached: 4K.png (1324x1882, 114K)

RT acceleretors existed for a very long time, nVidia did nothing new and less than 1% of games support their feature. Who gives a shit? Until RT becomes Vulkan and DX standard it wont matter, now it's as useful as physx

Is this supposed to mean something? A considerably cheaper card averages about 90% of the performance of the expensive one.

DXR wouldn't need to exist, and Radeon VII would be laughable buy either way. Value-added ray-tracing is just the cherry on top.
AMD drowns Vega in power, and throws the tightest process it can find. It's still a piece of shit. The entire thing is completely salvageable. Every company makes mistakes and will try to present themselves positively. But it's really cringey to see fanboys that can't call a spade a spade.

You can find a Radeon VII considerably cheaper than this?
newegg.com/zotac-geforce-rtx-2080-zt-t20800g-10p/p/N82E16814500459

Did you look at your own links? The 2080 is in stock while being within +/- 50 dollars of the price as the VII. While consuming less power and provided more stable performance.

>visual integrity doesn't matter!
>1% lows don't matter!
>routine explosion doesn't matter!
>turning off the very feature I buy my card for, doesn't matter!
>washed out visuals doesn't matter!
>Gaemen and workloads where the radeon vii surpasses the 2080 doesn't matter!
>Only muh 10 more fps spikes in my nvidia+intel approved gaemen matter!
>Who the fuck cares about anything other than fortnite?

>RTX is the biggest development in graphics since GPU compute
First generation ray tracing cores are useless because the FPS cuts in half if you turn it on. Early adopters are being milked so the technology might be usable one day. By then it's going to be in AMD cards as well.

I tried so hard and got so far but in end end it doesn't even matter

Attached: 156228745215.jpg (640x640, 36K)

>2080 churns less power and is more stable
>850-700 = 50
>1200-750 = 50
LMAO!
Go play your final fantasy with dlss, aliasing and gaytracing turned to the max.

>have to wait 2 more months so I can actually drive my 144hz screen
>he thinks Zen2 will be able to push a 2080

Attached: 1498412966612.jpg (312x308, 35K)

It's true that that one's unusually inexpensive, but normally you'd save over $100 buying a Radeon VII over all the other 2080s.

>Radeon VII looks on par with 2080
user...no.

In what world is the VII cheaper? They have the same MSRP and even high end custom cooler 2080s have been hitting the $700 price point recently

>bought 4k 120hz screen
>bought VII to drive it
Feels good man. The smoothness once you are around 100fps is turning me into a framerate whore.

>10% slower than the reference 2080
>on par
Yikes

Hoo boy. If you want to go down the "doesn't matter" path with Radeon, you're going to come out worse for wear buddy.

Anyway, your post is all angry fanboy noises. Find me a cheaper Radeon VII or one that performs as well across a suite of games, or gtfo. Never mind that you'll blow a breaker turning it on, or that it costs you more every year to run, or that you can't hear yourself think when it's working.

>pcpartpicker.com/products/video-card/#xcx=0&c=427,437&sort=price&page=1
They're all about the same price.
The two things the Radeon VII has going for it are free games, and if you weren't gaming, it has the capacity for certain workstation use cases the 2080 isn't good at (conversely, the 2080 is better than the Radeon VII at some things). If fanboys wanted to rave about that, I wouldn't mind. Instead, we get shitposts that you would think, by now, they'd get tired of.

It's a good day to be an incel shill

Attached: .png (1244x1107, 258K)

NOOOOO HOLD ME AMDBROS
IT WAS HER TURN

Attached: amdloo.png (882x758, 316K)

calm down piednoel

>still shilling with his 10 moar fps spikes is gaemen
>still lying through his teeth
>still shamelessly pushing his kikery
techgage.com/article/testing-amd-radeon-vii-double-precision-scientific-and-financial-performance/
techgage.com/article/amd-radeon-vii-workstation-performance/
anandtech.com/show/13923/the-amd-radeon-vii-review/3
pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/DaVinci-Resolve-15-AMD-Radeon-VII-16GB-Performance-1382/
Cope harder.

He is truly a legend - flatout ragequits twitter because of Zen. Plus he got fired from Intel.

>resetera

And after all that, he still shills for intel

Incredible. For some (but not all) provis and compute-heavy applications, it does very well. Which is what I said. And it even does well in synthetics. Which is meaningless.

When you find that suite of games that I asked about where it does as well as a 2080, or when you find one substantially cheaper, you tell me. Because there are quite a few that aren't too kind to the Radeon VII.

Attached: relative-performance_2560-1440.png (500x770, 45K)

>BUT BUT BUT! MUH FORTNITE GOY! WHY THE FUCK DOES THE RADEON VII HAVE 20 LESS FPS ON FORTNITE?
>moving all these goalposts
why haven't you necked yourself yet?

Attached: gas.png (658x619, 53K)

lmao, that's all the VII can do even when undervolted? It's still less efficient than the 2080TI.

Watch this you fucking overgrown baby

youtube.com/watch?v=EQeoyo9SLTo&list=LLHs7InX75W7Y8k_TYAZ-jOg&index=155&t=122s

2080TI undervolted to almost twice the efficiecny over stock

>Moving the goalposts even more
>Moving on to the 2080ti
nvidiatards truly are as shameless as intelkikes.

Not him but it's the average of 21 games, Even the 1080ti beat the Vega VII

Wow, so the performance per watt is equivalent... if you undervolt. Which like overclocking, is taking the silicon lottery, so good luck.
And then you have an undervolted card. That isn't going to clock like one at stock.
So not only have you paid $670 for a card that doesn't perform as well as a 2080, it now can't overclock. Certainly not like a 2080.

This entire thread started sad, and is getting sadder by the post.

Attached: 1481241838414.jpg (790x952, 387K)

there were no real consumer devices with hardware accelerated ray tracing before RTX
DXR is standard and VKRay isn't too far behind

might as well turn off all the graphics settings for more fps by that logic
the point of graphics cards is better graphics and RTX achieves that goal

why buy a GPU when GLQuake is the only game that runs on it right?

>might as well turn off all the graphics settings for more fps by that logic
This is what people do.

>might as well turn off all the graphics settings for more fps by that logic

AMD drones live in endless compromise, they are not rational human beings.

>RT acceleretors
Not on conventional GPUs, standalone accelerators that could (extremely poorly) handle raster yes. Turing is a novel design. And physX is in every Unreal and Unity game period.

That's what poor amdrones do. It's antithetical to building PCs but most of them are poor kids and third world monkeys who can't buy consoles because their parents think it's bad for them or third world tariffs raise the price 500%

>RTX is the biggest development in graphics since GPU compute

Attached: 1554512529641.jpg (512x512, 23K)

>16c Pushing 300w+ on oc
intel is pushing these numbers on way less core my dude

nobody buys a radeon 7 to get 800 fps in counter strike
they buy it to get 60 in high end games at high settings

PhysX has turned into open source cheap as dirt and does it's job ok physics engine, it didn't start it life as such, it started it life as Physics Acceleration card to run real time cloth and particles. Nvidia bought it out, made it run on their GPUs exclusively and nobody used their tech but like 10 games so they did open source it and now it runs on CPU and GPU acceleration is long forgotten about.

thats what Raytracing monglers do. Radeon 7 runs shit at 200fps while your RTX runs at 30

GPU physx died because CPUs got fast enough that it didn't matter anymore.
GPUs will never be fast enough to forget about hardware ray tracing.

It's the most "I'm 12 years old and I don't know what I'm talking about" post since /v/tards shilling Gameworks a couple years ago. Also, checked.

>now it runs on CPU
It always did retard. It was a full package middleware, the acceleration was optional for developers and for people who owned the card.

name one single more substantial innovation since GPU compute

Most engines have GPU physics nowadays, Unity and UE4 both use PhysX for both CPU and GPU physics.

Meanwhile for AMD
>Performance doesn't matter

That's why we have all the features of Physx in all the games, right? You moron.
Physx is still best at what it does and no CPU can wrestle with it, nobody just gives enough of a shit to use it.

What's so special about Battlefield?

UE3 also used physx

It's the shittiest game on that list

Basically nobody buys Radeon VII period. And anyone who did exclusively for games (ie, most of the minuscule number who did) made a bad decision if the 2080 was available.
The amount of people who are getting the most out of the card is a percent of a percent of total GPU sales. And the amount of attention the shitty card gets on Jow Forums is incommensurate with how unimportant it really is as a crappy "at least we're offering something" flagship.
The worst part about it is Navi is supposedly slower than it. So we'll keep having retards posting about how a terrible card nobody IRL cares about is actually great for the foreseeable future.

I think DXR is a very interesting technology and in 5-10 more years I expect it to be an industry standard. Real time ray tracing was one of the goals for more than a decade and we finally got there. That being said, the current implementation is rather lacking. The number of titles utilizing DXR is severely limited and the performance hit is usually not worth the effort. The only game where I really liked real time ray tracing (global illumination in this case) was Metro Exodus. However, even without DXR Metro Exodus still has an amazing lighting which begs the question, is global illumination worth the performance hit.