God Tier Books

itt: God tier books
post em

Attached: 1533333117627.jpg (386x500, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

elsevier.com/books/engineering-a-compiler/cooper/978-0-12-088478-0
llvm.org/docs/tutorial/
ssabook.gforge.inria.fr/latest/book.pdf
intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/manuals/64-ia-32-architectures-software-developer-instruction-set-reference-manual-325383.pdf
amzn.com/0139421521
infolab.stanford.edu/~ullman/focs.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: 715x-YC9TXL.jpg (1046x1350, 227K)

Attached: norvig ai modern approach.jpg (638x688, 128K)

Attached: 31Sv2t8y6tL.jpg (313x500, 14K)

Attached: 925.jpg (1000x800, 59K)

>professor assigns this book for Intro to AI
>wanted to keep it for reference but couldn't swing $180 for it
>buy the international edition
>paper is so thin you can literally see through it
>falling apart as soon as you open it
There's a reason it's $11...

Jeffrey D. Ullman:
dragon books
cinderella book

Attached: Introduction_to_Automata_Theory,_Languages,_and_Computation.jpg (263x379, 24K)

its written by a pajeet by motivational chapter is pretty insightful

Attached: automata theory applied.jpg (315x499, 37K)

and now everyone uses tensorflow
ai dev is swamped by dumb people, shame

Attached: 800px-The_C_Programming_Language,_First_Edition_Cover_.svg.png (800x1124, 57K)

Attached: holy-bible-cover.jpg (1540x2429, 1.12M)

Attached: holzmann-popd.gif (242x322, 24K)

Attached: 170px-Mormon-book.jpg (170x245, 20K)

Attached: YANMARSM.jpg (641x476, 46K)

get the pdf you dumdum

Attached: 03704.jpg (1050x1388, 84K)

Attached: 41pXw7UxMsL._SX325_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (327x499, 13K)

Attached: the-holy-quran.jpg (283x400, 49K)

it's actually a very outdated book. Saying this after a semester long experience. It's more of philosophy and talking in thin air rather than actual implementation and code.
Boomer AI was all about sitting hard all day dreaming about things they couldn't implement because of lack of resources.
If you're not looking for practical AI then it might be OK for you.

Its amazing how the dragon book remains so significant even after so many years.

Attached: 51rPLfOvqxL._SX376_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (378x499, 25K)

Attached: 41BKx1AxQWL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (260x326, 12K)

Is Dune any good?

Attached: 51XAYeOZZVL.jpg (344x500, 44K)

I haven't read it yet but heard many recomendations

Attached: 1557929824846.jpg (409x500, 56K)

any good practical books on AI then?

>Another testament of Jesus Christ
Sometimes I think we live in a sane world with hope but then I suddently remember people like the mormons exist and I realize how incredibly wrong I am

Attached: 1273411135530.png (250x250, 724)

Insanely good beginner's intro to computer engineering and architecture+some advanced programming.

If you don't know shit about computer engineering and want to learn about it, read this.

Attached: nisan.jpg (422x475, 39K)

Then read this, it's like the same book but on steroids.

Attached: harris.jpg (405x500, 49K)

deeplearningbook.org
andrew ng is nice.
grokking deep learning by andrew trask.

thanks. Grokking algorithms was pretty good if not too entry level book, hope they will continue to make more of them

H&P is a better computer arch book.

Attached: F3AFBA71-0761-4E99-AD69-6DD2C30B37CF.jpg (180x267, 9K)

What's the best compilers book for self learning? I hear the dragon book is mostly just for professors to pick and choose content to give to students over two semesters.

pic related: it's me

Attached: brainlet.png (621x702, 56K)

> Jesus was an aryan alien that visited America
toplel

This is a great book. The ARM version even shows you how to develop a subset of cortex M synthesizable processor.

>Cortex
Nice clock, Ahmed.

>pic related: it's me
At least you're asking

Look into this, it may help you:
llvm.org/docs/tutorial/

scheme in 48 hours and jack crenshaw tutorial

elsevier.com/books/engineering-a-compiler/cooper/978-0-12-088478-0

>Its amazing how the dragon book remains so significant even after so many years.
It really isn't that good anymore. A huge portion is dedicated to parsing which isn't a problem anymore. It's still significant because so many people had it for their compiler course and don't know anything else.

Unironically SICP. Chapter 4 covers interpreters and chapter 5 has you write a VM and a compiler targeting that VM. Most compiler books focus on parsing and generating assembly with a little bit on optimizations. None of this is relevant anymore because parser generators are much better and basically every compiler just targets C or LLVM. So the most realistic option is reading the LLVM tutorial: llvm.org/docs/tutorial/

If you want to be hardcore and output assembly you probably want to read bits of a variety of books. "Modern Compiler Implementation in [C, Java, Ml]" is pretty good, Dragon book probably has some decent bits. I've heard good things about "Engineering a Compiler", and if you want to do garbage collection look at "The Garbage Collection Handbook". Don't bother reading these cover-to-cover though. There's a lot of overlap between books and the parts on parsing aren't really relevant anymore. It's also worth noting that the sections on optimization probably aren't that useful anymore. Everyone is working with SSA form which doesn't get a ton of focus. Luckily a whole book was written about SSA: ssabook.gforge.inria.fr/latest/book.pdf

If you want to go full autist and output executables, that isn't too bad as long as you stick to a runtime assembler (i.e. don't parse assembly syntax, just have procedure calls). For that read Volume 2, chapter 2 of the Amd64 manual: intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/manuals/64-ia-32-architectures-software-developer-instruction-set-reference-manual-325383.pdf
You can read about ELF on Wikipedia.

Sara Baase - VAX Assembly 2nd Ed.
amzn.com/0139421521

Assembly language programming on THE most complex of all Complex Instruction Set Computer architectures - DEC VAX.

Attached: baase.jpg (213x293, 12K)

>This thread
>Still no SICP
Is it summer already?

Attached: SICP_cover.jpg (400x579, 50K)

Yes, but anything beyond the first book is overkill

this was pretty much required reading when I was at Stanford doing AI (symbolic systems) in the 80s

Attached: geb.jpg (950x1500, 202K)

Are you a prof?

I can't think of a technical CS book that has had more of an impact on popular culture than this one.
Without this book, the success of the Web would have been delayed by years, at the very least.

Attached: 61WZlRu1rVL.jpg (904x1360, 99K)

No, it was a decent thread until you brought your meme here.

elephant book?

It sucks, its okay for kids I guess.

I'm torn about this book
On one side I think its the only book that actually shows you how to construct a (semi non trivial circuit) processor in an HDL
on the other hand is very weak in certain topics like cache/memory/out of order execution and so on.
Feel like they could remove those chapters on C programming and Micro controllers and add tons of more shit about architecture.

The loonix handbook

Attached: 61iWkQ87uTL._AC_SY400_.jpg (306x400, 55K)

This cover sums up perfectly everything that's wrong with CS field. It made me abandon programming forever and switch to EE.
Fucking manchildren.

Have fun ending up programming anyway without any of the proper background

What is good about these?

SICP is an intro book for freshmen.

Attached: lol.jpg (333x499, 19K)

Attached: lookma.jpg (882x624, 122K)

My boomer professor assigned this one and complained about it every other lesson.

infolab.stanford.edu/~ullman/focs.html

Attached: book.jpg (381x499, 49K)

"We believed in 1992 it was the way to introduce theory in Computer Science, and we believe that today".

the only book humanity ever need :')
>contains the constant of speed of light
>contains the constant of the golden ratio
>states that flies has curing bacteria
>states that every planet has their own orbit
>when God is pleased, it is on the right page, when God is angry, it is on the left page
>states that "there is a fire under the sea", which is the core of the earth
>anti-abortion
>anti-LGBT
>anti-degeneracy
>states that there are only 2 genders (male n female)
>etc.

but most important of all..
>ANTI-USURY

obviously not since you're the first obvious summerfaggot to grace the thread
>b-but wheres muh memes

also the book that transformed collapsing society to an empire.. even the persian and the romans are admitting the plottwist of history..

Types and Programming Languages.

>on the other hand is very weak in certain topics like cache/memory/out of order execution and so on.
I guess if you properly grasp the fundamentals, jumping to more advanced topics like that aren't going to be quite as difficult.

>A huge portion is dedicated to parsing which isn't a problem anymore
but it really still is
NLP is still in its early stages and we need to make better parsers. No perfect parser exists in the world that could convert natural language to predicate logic and then to prolog code to draw inferences and meaning.

no, i was undergrad

The fuck are you on about? NLP has nothing to do with compilers. I guess you're a retard and took the comment out of context, but I very obviously meant parsing for compilers isn't hard anymore. Parser generators are much better than they were when most compiler books are written. Programming with natural languages is retarded, and NLP is shit.
I can't wait for the second AI winter to put all of these machine learning retards on the street.

Attached: 81TGQ1cTcrL.jpg (2100x1500, 264K)

>Programming with natural languages is retarded, and NLP is shit.
He's not talking about programming with natural languages you fucking idiot. NLP applies to AI (eg: a bot reading your dumb fucking posts and categorizing you as a moron).

calm down friend
Natural languages like english can be parsed into a context free grammar. The challenge here is that CFG for english doesn't have fixed production rules, people often break the rules of grammar yet we need to parse their shit. This is why we need better parsing algorithms which can parse dynamic production rules or even better, form its own production rules as per the input text. This all begins with parsing regular grammar followed by CFG which is very well explained in the dragon book.
Also, you suffer the disease of ignorance if you think NLP is not important.

Attached: dunning-kruger_effect.jpg (1300x728, 45K)

Mims' books are better beginner material, but I will concede something more modern should take its place now that microcontrollers are so cheap.

Literally God-tier

Love that author

Is this the best Linux book?

based

"Dragon book, compiler design!"

Attached: tumblr_n3fnsaogm61tqzrm7o1_1280.jpg (1272x544, 175K)

holy shit what is this from?

The 1995 classic HACKERS bro

>he hasn't seen Hackers
what are you even doing here

really fucking great bait, triggers both Jow Forumsflakes and reddit trannies.

I want stemfaggots to leave

i download it and after 3 chapters decided to go back to the documentations because books are for niggers

>released 2 years before I was born
STOP BULLYING ME

Attached: 1557064208845.jpg (690x588, 79K)

Attached: images.jpg (414x500, 22K)

Which one? I started A Quantitative Approach and my eyes glaze over after a couple minutes of reading it
I second this book, I'm learning a lot from it, I'm on chapter 4 and I like how hands on it is
I'll check it out, thanks for the recommendation

Attached: 1558302674128.png (885x813, 683K)

the only book of CS i purchased and was actually useful

Attached: 1548496782267.jpg (800x800, 221K)

I'm not too knowledgeable as a lot of people here but my first programming book was Automate the Boring Stuff With Python and I learned a lot from it. Next was C++ Primer and I really learned a lot from that one too
So those are my recommendations