/pcbg/ - PC Building General

ATTENTION: Ryzen 3000 series CPUs (and possibly Navi GPUs) will be announced in a few hours at Computex.

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600/X - Great gaming or multithreaded use CPUs
>i7 8700/K OR 9700k - Extreme solution for absolute max FPS
>R7 2700/X - VM Work / Streaming / Video editing

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3200CL16 is ideal
>AMD B and X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>RX 570 8GB - good performance with great value
>GTX 1660 - standard
>RTX 2060 - high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
1440p
>RTX 2060 - standard
>RTX 2080 - high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2080 - standard
>RTX 2080Ti - better fit for 4K but expensive

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>Don't bother buying a new monitor for gaming unless it's 144Hz with adaptive sync
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless

Previous:

Attached: 1484348845011.png (1336x1336, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/X2ZMzY
pcpartpicker.com/list/s3BzJ8
pcpartpicker.com/list/QFDRr6
gamingscan.com/psu-hierarchy/
ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/dqthhy
techpowerup.com/255545/intel-releases-cpu-microcode-updates-for-mds-vulnerabilities-unearthed-on-may-14
wccftech.com/intel-mds-vulnerabilities-affecting-7th-gen-and-below-may-slow-macs-by-up-to-40-apple-warns
techpowerup.com/255563/intel-tried-to-bribe-dutch-university-to-suppress-knowledge-of-mds-vulnerability
techpowerup.com/255537/amd-confirms-its-processors-are-unaffected-by-ridl-and-fallout-vulnerabilities
techpowerup.com/255755/after-a-4-year-leave-amd-rejoins-the-fortune-500-list
techpowerup.com/255905/amd-zen-2-cpus-to-support-official-jedec-3200-mhz-memory-speeds
techpowerup.com/255830/amd-memory-tweak-tool-lets-you-oc-and-tweak-amd-radeon-memory-timings-on-the-fly
techpowerup.com/255907/gigabyte-teases-worlds-first-pcie-4-0-m-2-ssd-with-speeds-up-to-5000-mb-s-other-computex-announcements
pcpartpicker.com/list/#compatibility_notes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>ATTENTION: Ryzen 3000 series CPUs (and possibly Navi GPUs) will be announced in a few hours at Computex.

Fake news

>chill
nice of you to gimp your performance

You can't find any of those on eBay or whatever the EU uses?

I have a reference sapphire as well and yeah, you can limit it, but if you were to be buying one for the first time I would just go for the aftermarket cooler so you can get more performance.

3000 not being announced until June 10th @ E3, launch is 7/7 with pre-orders opening on 7/1.

Still within freesync range. No point in getting frames I won't notice.

Radeon chill is terrrible for consistent frame rate.
There is a huge difference between using something like RRTS server to cap your framerate and it delivers a very good performance.
Vs radeon chill which makes the frame pacing fucking shit and gimps total performance.
Please lads, power savings are not worth it.

It's over, AMD is finished.

>6 more hours

Attached: 1511994022230.jpg (1971x1971, 681K)

delid

I'll be buying a R5 2600 in the near future but I don't know anything that is going on.
Do I wait until the new stuff launches for a discount? If I do, when is the best time to buy it? Hold my hand through it /pcbg/

Rivatuner:
GPU doesn't throttle down unless game suddenly has nothing to put onscreen
Chill:
GPU randomly throttles around, but without enough of a margin to avoid choking once there is slightly more polygons onscreen.

There is essentially no real solution. Then again, a lot of games still have load freezes.

>Jow Forums tells me to get a 2600
>giveaway my good 4790k
>my 100 fps in Yakuza Kiwami 2 is now 75
>it’s a heavily threaded game too

Fuck you guys, last time I ever listen to Jow Forums

Always do the opposite of whatever someone here tells you to do.

>100 fps in Yakuza Kiwami 2
bullshit even 9900k is terrible in that badly optimized jap shit port.

I would imagine frames are pretty bad when your motherboard is melting

Welp my old ass motherboard didnt work with my DDR4 and M.2 SSD, any recommendations for a new one? got an i5 core.

is ASUS PRIME Z370-P II - ATX / Z370 any good?

>Always do the opposite of whatever someone here tells you to do.
Yeah people keep telling me to Kms yet thanks to doing the opposite of their advice im living quite a happy and fulfilled life.

Which i5?

Doing 3D stuff (rendering ,zbrush, ect)
ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/X2ZMzY

Should I wait for Ryzen 3000's?

7640X of course

>Should I wait for Ryzen 3000's?
No. Shoot yourself in the foot by all means.

intel core i5-2500k cpu 3.30GHz 3.30GHz

The 9900k/9700k are doubling the FPS of the 2700x you stupid drones. So much for AMD’s console to PC meme

You should wait until 7/7 after that 2600 prices will dip halfway

Gaming build. Budget is pretty low but I want to be able to run whatever I want at a decent frame rate in 1080P. Couldn't figure out how to build past this point and would like to find ways to make it cheaper.

Attached: build.png (966x447, 36K)

i really hope zen 2 will be as good as the 9900k or ill kill myself

keep a rope on standby then

>570
Bad buy. Get something better second hand.

wait for zen2 you silly man. consider 1060 6GB instead of 570

>wait for zen2 you silly man. consider 1060 6GB instead of 570
Both three year old GPUs that you really shouldn't be buying new.

I am planning on getting MSI B450 Gaming Plus + Ryzen 2700X.

The B450 has 6 * SATA 3 ports.

Will there be some kind of a bottleneck if I attach 6 HDDs to it. Will the HDDs be able to run at full IOPS speed ?

high clocks don't matter
single core performance doesn't matter
avx512 doesn't matter
chipset temperature doesn't matter
stability doesn't matter
actual transistor scale doesn't matter
latencies don't matter
emulator acceleration (HAXM) doesn't matter
hardware lock ellision/transactional synchronization extensions don't matter
rapid storage technology doesn't matter
having a vcore lower than 1.4V doesn't matter
adobe products don't matter
gcc compilation (no segfaults) doesn't matter

Reposting because I need help. Had this build planned at first pcpartpicker.com/list/s3BzJ8 but I changed it on your suggestions to this one pcpartpicker.com/list/QFDRr6
Which one should I go for? I might be able to swap the 590 for a 1660Ti in the second build. I also need tips for picking a motherboard, I have no idea what to look for other than compatibility and number of sockets.

You got memed by the AMD shill, probably. i7 4700K to R5 2600 is a pointless sidegrade for gaming. I'm this OP, and I always recommend anons upgrade to an i7 4770K/4790K from a Haswell i5 instead of buying current Ryzen. On the bright side, on average your 2600 will be about as good as your old i7 for now and you might get some fine wine out of it

I just checked DRAM calculator and they do have a fast preset for E-die right now, how likely can I hit this on 1.4v? Here is my current clock.

Attached: Ryzenchecker4.png (1561x763, 96K)

Are these temperatures normal for a M.2 Drive in summer-ish heat?

What can i do to keep the temp of my m.2 lower, is there any cooler for it Jow Forums recommends?

Attached: Speccy64_2019-05-26_22-35-18.png (635x485, 24K)

what did he mean by this?

Doesn't look too unrealistic, you might just need a mix of the fast and safe settings.

>speccy for temps
actually kys

What do you recommend ?

currently got MSI P67A-GD65 B3, Socket-1155, maybe i should get a new motherboard? especially since i wanna use my M.2 SSD and DDR4 16 GB.

>currently got MSI P67A-GD65 B3, Socket-1155, maybe i should get a new motherboard? especially since i wanna use my M.2 SSD and DDR4 16 GB.
This post is retarded as hell. Don't reply to me. You'll only lower my IQ

say goodbye to your IQ, dunce!

Looking to build my first computer. I'm new at this and could use any feedback on what I've got.
>Pic related

Currency: CAD
Budget: Up to C$600, but I would like to keep costs as far down as possible.
Intended uses:
>Basic web browsing
>Basic office stuff (LibreOffice)
>Normie shit (Netflix, Facebook, etc.)
>Using GIMP to make shitty OC
>Shitposting

I don't play video games, unless online chess counts. I already have a monitor, mouse, and keyboard.

I intend to install some Linux distro.

For most of the parts on the list, I just sorted by lowest price and picked that. Call me a retard if that's a bad approach.

Attached: Screenshot 2019-05-26 at 17.46.28.png (1366x768, 146K)

I just jinxed myself
Some threads ago, I asked about how long do PSUs usually last, as mine is from 2013.
I change my fans to be all exhaust, because I was hitting 75 C on my GPU (GTX 970 3.5GB), and it was too fucking loud.
My case is a corsair 250D, which after reading a lot of forums posts, conclude it can only work in negative pressure because nothing gives enough air to the GPU (and its fans are not enough without sounding like a jet engine).
So, I start working in something unrelated, look at speedfan, "nice, low temps, finally".
Suddenly, it turns off, and the PSU keeps false starting.

In case it is really the PSU and not some loose cable, is the tier list in the linus tech tips forums good, or is it just memes?

Attached: mfw i touch my pc.jpg (807x659, 37K)

jfc

>say goodbye to your IQ, dunce!
Nooooo!!!! My IQ is now low enough for me to converse with you.
Why the fuck did you buy new ram and SSD when it's not compatible with your mobo?

Don't use Linus but it could be outdated
gamingscan.com/psu-hierarchy/
I use this.

because i'm a retard who didn't check compatibility

>because i'm a retard who didn't check compatibility
Oooof!! My IQ!!!

Attached: Australian-Mouth-Piss_021288057933_web.jpg (620x915, 66K)

> MSI Z390-A Pro (Motherboard)
> Corsair Vengeance LPX 16gb (RAM)
> Intel i7 9700k
My system boots fine, but only when I have one stick of ram in the DIMMA2 slot. If I have the other in DIMMB2, it fails to reach the bios and bootloops. I've checked the cpu and socket, no bent pins. I've remounted everything on the motherboard, updated bios, cleared cmos, nothing. Should I replace the motherboard?

try a1b1

Based

got a 1600 for $50 what should i do with it

Just tried, still bootloops. Debug light fails to go past ram, as before.

Make a small box to run a mumble server for you and your friends to chat in.

Thanks.
The lists (both gaming scan and ltt forums) look quite similar, except perhaps, seeing corsair CXs relatively high in the gaming scan one.

ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/dqthhy
get this instead. double the memory, double the SSD, and just slightly more expensive than your list

techpowerup.com/255545/intel-releases-cpu-microcode-updates-for-mds-vulnerabilities-unearthed-on-may-14

wccftech.com/intel-mds-vulnerabilities-affecting-7th-gen-and-below-may-slow-macs-by-up-to-40-apple-warns

techpowerup.com/255563/intel-tried-to-bribe-dutch-university-to-suppress-knowledge-of-mds-vulnerability

techpowerup.com/255537/amd-confirms-its-processors-are-unaffected-by-ridl-and-fallout-vulnerabilities

techpowerup.com/255755/after-a-4-year-leave-amd-rejoins-the-fortune-500-list

techpowerup.com/255905/amd-zen-2-cpus-to-support-official-jedec-3200-mhz-memory-speeds

techpowerup.com/255830/amd-memory-tweak-tool-lets-you-oc-and-tweak-amd-radeon-memory-timings-on-the-fly

techpowerup.com/255907/gigabyte-teases-worlds-first-pcie-4-0-m-2-ssd-with-speeds-up-to-5000-mb-s-other-computex-announcements

Attached: 1500377406924.jpg (2083x1405, 462K)

Yeah I would be in damage control mode too lmao. AMD is a joke

Thanks for the suggestion! I appreciate the help.

I noticed this has an AMD processor. In the past, I've only had Intel stuff. Are there any Linux compatibility issues? (I don't really understand the naming system for AMD chips, so I know pretty much nothing about them).

Yeah that's the one thing I'd watch out for
>corsair CX
Though I think the Rx something is suppose to be their better series. CX is fine though.

I'm sure your post will boost Intel CPU sales.

>damage control
Why, what happend?

Is 32gb of ram still a meme?

if you have to ask, you don't need it.

Best way to check temps in windows? Because it aint fucking speccy, telling me my r7 is 100 celcius idle.

Attached: 1553908557957.png (286x239, 79K)

I am looking for a new SSD (please read the post below)

Would ADATA XPG SX6000 Pro 1TB PCIe x4 NVMe be a good choice? It doesn't use QLC and costs ~$130 in my country which perfectly fits my budget

for real, why is AMD doing overtime on damage conrol and shilling?
Weren't they supposed to be doing good, whats with this?

hwinfo64 does a good job, launch it in sensors only mode

fair point, however I had an asus STRIX r9 390 8GB with extreme heat issues despite having a mammoth cooler and ample case airflow (3x140mm intake, 2x 140mm exhaust). Wish that AMD didn't make their cards cook themselves out of the box. Even my 980ti at 1460mhz core/ 7600mhz memory is cooler than my 390 8GB was stock

it's impressive how much those devil's canyon CPUs still hold their own even in brand new titles. AMD isn't better for gaming sadly, it's only better for workloads that need tons of threads and the performance of them isn't priority, per se. i agree with some of the others, you did get meme shilled.

rip

Is it bad to get a 570 and then upgrade down the line?

Not at all. As long as it does what you need it to do, then there's no problem with it. But if you can save a paycheck or two and just hold on, you could save up for something a lot better. It all depends on what you'd be fine with in the long term. If you like buying used hardware, a used GTX 1070 averages great prices in the US used market and is a solid performer for the cash.

not for the right price, meaning if the price gets too close to newer, faster GPUs it doesn't make sense.

Right now I'm playing on a laptop with a 660m, ANY GPU for my desktop will be better at the moment

Oh then the RX570 isn't too bad in comparison. Just avoid the Powercolor variants as those were built like a walmart toaster, typically the HIS/Sapphire variants were great and are not too expensive. Anything with a good dual fan design that wasn't the Powercolor.

or MSI. MSI is a K-mart toaster

>ARMOR cooler with the dual fans from MSI

That card was awful for heat dissipation, seeing Gamers Nexus rip apart MSI for using that cooler on even their 1080ti was beautiful to watch

Bump for visibility.

What's the best way to move my Windows 10 OS to a new SSD?
Or is is just better starting fresh windows on it?

Better fresh. By all means.

reinstall is all i can honestly recommend. windows 10 can be finnicky since it updates itself constantly without warning, even in the background. i've had more than one instance where i've supposedly cloned a drive to an SSD and it won't boot properly, log in or anything. Forcing into a command prompt and doing an /sfc scannow revealed a shitload of errors a lot of the time. If the stars align and it works, awesome. I'd just avoid the risk and just wipe/reinstall.

Is this really thick motherboard cable going to fuck up my airflow?

Attached: IMG_20190525_195931.jpg (3036x4048, 3.04M)

Hello /pcbg/. I'm in the midst of upgrading my build and I'm having an issue with storage. Right now I have one 128GB Samsung 850 Pro, one WD 1TB 7200RPM drive, and two 5400RPM 500GB drives ready to be placed in a build, though I'll be ditching the 5400RPM drives.

If I wanted to upgrade my storage with another SSD, which one preferably under 100 CAD would be the best for my situation?

Attached: pv.jpg (2500x2500, 351K)

Not really. In fact that's slimmer than most of the "sleeved" cables I see on power supplies from EVGA and the like. As long as it stays out of the way of the fans, you'll be just fine. If you keep it just the way it looks in the photo, you'll be A-okay.

No

I'm pretty new to this and looking for general advice on building a PC for gaming and watching anime. I did some research and have put together this much so far:
pcpartpicker.com/list/#compatibility_notes
I would like to know what I should change. I don't want to spend much more than 2500 USD. I am looking for suggestions for cases and monitors too.

SSDs have become pretty good for the price these days. I'm using a cheap PNY CS1311 (CS900 performs about the same for the money) and I've had it since 2016, used it daily as a boot drive for just about 3 years, and I still have 92% life left according to HWiNFO. They have 250GB variants for pretty cheap, roughly $86 CAD on amazon.

1TB SU800. You can find them for $80-$95 on sale often if you can buy from the US.
Slightly above your budget but that's as cheap as it gets at the moment.
A year from now, I'm expecting 2TB 3D-QLC drives to be under $130 and 1TB at around $70.

Not when it's down low like that, no. You could route those two braided cables a lot better, though.

>can't link

whoops, i'm a retard, turns out that was the 480GB variant for $85. 240GB was $48 on amazon.

Thanks for the advice. I'll start from fresh.

>Anons wonder why RTX 2060 isn't in OP Friday
>Others point out it's because the GTX 1660ti is similar performance for less
>Now RTX 2060 is in the OP
>RTX 2070 nowhere to be seen, suggestion jumps to RTX 2080
Why the change of heart?

Imagine paying $86 CAD for a 250GB 2D NAND drive
Imagine paying $86 CAD for a 480GB 2D NAND SSD, for that matter. Lmao.

Why are people who are clueless, who just look at price/gb and doesn't realize there is any other spec, giving advice all the time in these threads?

Because not one person can make the OP.

In this case, a troll is making the OP to trick people into making bad decisions because he thinks it's funny.
He's also ban evading.

I'm getting a new motherboard to replace one with a specific failure. I'm probably just going to throw everything on it outside the case, and try to get into the bios. With that in mind, is it a bad idea to wait until after to mount the cpu cooler? It'll just be running for 15 seconds, max. I'd hate to scrape off the thermal paste again, I've already done that earlier.

Bumping my question because the sale starts in 3 hours.

Just get a mobo that supports your cpu/ram. They're nearly irrelevant to performance and the one you have in your second build is fine.

Thanks, at first I was to buy an expensive one for no reason because "better safe than sorry", but you're right.