What does Jow Forums think about sound cards?

Attached: front-8.jpg (800x600, 62K)

Useless now unless you need something like rmb for production build.

Integrated sounds like trash though.

Awful, outdated, obsolete. If you're unhappy with the motherboard's integrated sound, get an external dac and headphone amp.

Enjoy your placebo, Richard.

the difference between going from onboard audio to focusrite to motu to rme to orion to lavry is not a placebo you will probably immediately hear differences at each step

Diminishing returns for casuals who only want to drive their 2.1 Logitech speakers.

Audiophiles are better off with external DACs and amps.

Cinephiles are better off just sending the entire AV signal to a good AV receiver and letting it take care of the rest.

I use one related to your picture. STX II.
7.1 out and RCA, that's why I use it. Works well, can't complain.

Better than onboard and cheaper than 7.1 external DACs that would even have similar specs.

Internal PCIe, external PCIe in a case, external Thunderbolt, external USB, etc.
Use the tool for the job I'd say. There is no definitive answer.

If you can actually hear the difference and prove the noise floor / bass/voltage reflex visually, there isn't much placebo. Refer to the last line of the first part of my post.

Attached: 1558762563737.jpg (250x250, 3K)

Yeah no, getting off integrated isn't placebo, especially on cheap boards with poor shielding. Often there's actual audible hissing or interference in addition to generally bad quality.

Those dimwits parroting someone elses opinion how 0.50$ motherboard sound chip is good enough have really no clue what they are saying

So then, where are all the blind test comparisons?

I have no idea what im talking about.

I have a motherboard with a built in amp and ALC892 (ASUS Z97-A USB 3.1), turning it on makes my headphones really loud and better in general with my shitty $30 headset (Corsair HS50).
But when i tried them with a pair of DT-770 there is a huge amount of static enough to make them annoying to use.
What is a soundcard equivalent of my onboard sound or better?

Outdated. If you need better sound out of your PC get a external dac and amp.

I have a ALC1220 integrated in my mobo and it just werks. Great sound quality and no problems

Why do people shill focusrite so much? Their interfaces are absolute dogshit.

they're cheap
the specs are fine
people don't actually own it and therefore can't experience how useless the drivers really are

It's the cheapest shit you can buy to make a YouTube vidiah.
Echo /based/ user, they're fucking garbage.

Don't even get me started on the drivers.
I once got some focusrite and a Behringer from a friend that didn't use them anymore and I thought how bad can it be and Jesus fucking Christ there are no words to describe the focusrite drivers and Behringers "quality" components. And even if focusrites drivers gave me a free blowjob every day that wouldn't excuse the noise these things add to microphones and headphones alike.

It's the same shit as it has been with the blueyeti or whatever it was called. Absolute dogshit and overpriced on top.

>this stale meme again
Go be retarded somewhere else.

Stop buying shitty motherboards then you stupid poorfag.I literally only buy mid-range mobos and have NEVER experienced sound issues, especially nothing like what you describe.

because of the price bro thats the only reason why, if ur 16 and wanna record some guitar while playing with some knobs and get to grips with gain and stuff focusrite is great. also the higher end stuff is fine, obviously the 2i2 and similar are pretty trash, thats why i put it first in the list, cuz its the closest to onboard audio, which fucking sucks. if you've only got a budget of like $600 but you need a bunch of I/O's then focusrite is a decent option. i mean micing drums can take as many mics as you like, and if you're gunna try and get like 32 I/O's with super high fidelity you are looking at a huge price for the interface
its funny you say that because i also have a blueyeti sat in front of me that i got shilled into buying like 5/6 years ago, its trash but the mic'ing options are cool, pity the whole mic sucks dicks. just get some shure or something, again mic's get ridiculously expensive very quickly.
once upon a time i was trying to use the 2i2 to record an xlr mic, bridging the gap between a tascam from like late 80s early 90s, the focusrite was more noisey than the tascam lmao i was pretty taken back by how poor it was
you obviously just dont have the requirements that anons who would focus on the improvements have

when i got a 2i2 years ago, the difference was noticeable. then i used a friends motu, the improvement again was noticeable, then i got my own RME, and again a noticeable improvement. i then went back and compared the focusrite to the RME, and the difference is substantial. i've used an orion before and again the difference was noticeable although it wasnt at my own place so i cant really confirm that cuz i dont know the room and the speakers etc, although it was my own music so was aware of the changes.

ive heard null tests of the lavry and if you are denying the improvement from a focusrite to a lavry then you dont have ears

>not using your Xbox One controller
lmao

Attached: Untitled.png (400x455, 17K)

Sure if you're a 16 year old kid money is scarce to say the least but how many 16 year olds need a serious interface with 32 I/Os? My point is at the price the focusrite is sold (at least around here) there are way better alternatives if you look for longer than 2 videos shilling the 2i2.
And I'd not recommend Shure if it's your first or second mic and you basically have no idea what you are doing. I always "love" seeing people buy the SM7B because people recommend it (and justifiably so) and then notice you need a pretty decent setup to get the best performance out of it.

>there are way better alternatives if you look for longer than 2 videos shilling the 2i2
totally agree they are trash but they are still great to begin with, maybe ur right on better alternatives but i dont really know any.... probably because of the scarlett shilling!
>I always "love" seeing people buy the SM7B because people recommend it (and justifiably so) and then notice you need a pretty decent setup to get the best performance out of it
getting down that hardware rabbit hole is dangerous and expensive pursuit lol
part of me just thinks that with all the digital emulations available you wouldnt even need to pursue them anymore buuuut obviously thats hard to tell and will become harder to tell in the future
like i get that you cant digitally improve your hardware before the mic, but you can certainly use things like T-Racks and Slate emulations to improve your "bad" setup to a pretty acceptable standard. maybe thats way off the mark as all the "recording" ive done has been through quality gear but im still inclined to think that

memecards r great goy