/spg/ - Smartphone General

iThot Redux Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: Emma-Glover.jpg (1000x666, 105K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nokiamob.net/2019/05/24/rumors-not-much-time-left-before-the-announcement-of-nokia-6-2-and-nokia-5-2/
gsmarena.com/huawei_p30_pro-9635.php
gsmarena.com/results.php3?nYearMin=2017&nBatCapacityMin=3600&sIPCerts=6,7,8,9
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Mixza micro SD cards from Ali any good?

MOMMY

>you don't use one of those green robot phones, do you user?

Attached: emma-glover.png (845x1500, 1.77M)

Best phones for stock android and continued software support?

yeah, I've had a 64gb and 32gb Mixza shark since 2016, still working fine.

Pixel 3a/3 XL

I'm not gonna fap today, stop it guys

Reposting since this thread was just put up

I got a moto Z2 play for my birthday this thursday and the thing is like weird and unstable as fuck, sometimes it randomly reboots over the simplest stuff, and for some reason whenever it downloads the 8.0 update the description is in spanish and when it does download it, it says download failed, the update could not be verified

Ive decided to return it but now im not sure what phone to get ive been suggested the Xiomi Redmi note 7 from a friend but I had another friend say chinese phones doesn't have good connections in the US so im not sure what to get now

My carrier is at&t and I'd say my budget is around 230, also id like gyro function for pokemon go memes

Attached: D6GpYPGUYAAp6wE.jpg (720x720, 73K)

Holy SHIT I wanna shove my face right in those tits!

do you think the nokia 6.2 or nokia 8.1 plus will have sd 665?
nokiamob.net/2019/05/24/rumors-not-much-time-left-before-the-announcement-of-nokia-6-2-and-nokia-5-2/

Attached: hmmmmmm nokia.png (597x307, 32K)

You can fap to the OP but that other chick has a shit body.

I got a Z3 it ok
I guesse it has a Q835 it came out in aug 2018 just swicth to T mobile and get ximai or a zen on zerizon

Joining the military soon in europe, im going to live in the base and probably have a lot of free time, whats a nice water proof phone that has a lot of battery? It prolly will be my only tech in months so i need something good, money is not a problem

I like variation though. There are no shit bodies, only shit tastes.

are you drunk?

Attached: 1540607248403 (1).png (741x568, 62K)

samsung s8/s7 active/samsung xcover

Same girl.

P30 Pro

Her torso looks squished, it's creepy :'(
here, have this cutie instead

Attached: 1548001464840.jpg (720x1038, 41K)

Then I'm grateful she's covered up the rest of herself in the OP pic

>Only ip53
Some drunk adjudant/me will destroy the poor bastard
Thank you, never heard of active or xcover, it seems obvious s8 active is much better no?

Please redpill me on the Moto G7 Power, bros. In the US on Verizon and all I want is a phone with a massive fucking battery and a camera that's at least slightly better than the one on my Droid Turbo. The only thing I'm worried about is that there's only 3GB of RAM since I multitask often, should I just wait for the Z4 if I want 6GB of RAM?

>Only ip53
it's IP68
gsmarena.com/huawei_p30_pro-9635.php

also you get an s9/s9+/s10/s10e (get the snapdragon version it's better) because they are waterproofed if you want the latest tech and buy a rugged case.

Oh ok thanks then, i must have read it from a shitty source.
Do you guys think those phones are better options than classic rugged phoned like cat and so?

>Chink Spybot Phone for someone on a military base
kek, 10/10 troll joke my man.

get off Verizon and get an Asus Zenfone 6

gsmarena.com/results.php3?nYearMin=2017&nBatCapacityMin=3600&sIPCerts=6,7,8,9

You guys use your old smartphones/tablets for mini webservers? Pair it with afraid.freedns.org subdomain and you got yourself a solid server for fun.

Any decent FOSS browsers other than Lightning?

Preferably on F/G-Droid

>Do you guys think those phones are better options than classic rugged phoned like cat and so?
yeah, just throw a rugged case on it.

breastwhore

t. glows in the dark

Are pixel phones not shit build quality?

yes

i want to root my redmi note 4, what is the best OS to get?

just picked up a galaxy s7 from walmart for $300 what do i need to do to keep google/samsung from selling my phone # to telemarketers/add companies ?

Attached: bigguyforyou.jpg (1238x1071, 216K)

Sell it and buy an iPhone.

i am not gay

Best £200 phone in the UK?

>$300 for Galaxy S7
yikes

you got scammed bro

Redmi Note 7

Attached: 1D0258C9-DFCA-4674-BB77-8D97DEB6CCBD.jpg (2048x1024, 184K)

The Nokia 9 is $699 on Amazon. Are there better options at that price point?

Yeah I've had my eyes on the Zenfone 6 but I'd have to switch to T-Mobile. The Pay-As-You-Go option seems very tempting but it seems way too good to be true, though I make texts more than I make calls so it seems perfect for me

Has anyone tried using a generic system image on a Project Treble phone? How's it compared to any other AOSP custom ROMs out there?

Was looking into flashing my Xperia XZ3, but not sure if it would be worth it. I know it has some issues with VoLTE, but that's the worst in terms of functionality lacking.

Attached: gsi-support.png (910x503, 243K)

No, my OG Pixel had no issues before I retired it.
Every single manufacturer has defects, if you unironically take the shilling and fear mongering here serious you'll never be satisfied.

Ok thanks guys! Will check once im there whats available in the street, maybe will buy one of the flagships and then an xcover so i can change the battery during deployment

OP7P

plz sirs do the needful and help me root my phone kind sirs.
thx

So, why was the Nexus 6P such a collosal failure?

Any others?

Bootloop. Plus, it being fucking gigantic didn't help.

I used a normal high end smartphone on base and a rugged semi-dumbphone on the field (still had music and internet for those long nights though).

Why would you want to get anything but the best?

Yeah, sounds like a good idea.
Any other tech you took with you? I really dont know what to do, plan on buying a 4g adapter so i can have a nice pc on base

Currently using a redmi note 7 in the us. The thing works fine on t mobile. Very happy with it for what I paid. Do yourself a favor and clear as much bloat as possible. I use Nova launcher and the thing is perfect for me. Battery life is good, adaptive brightness works okay, all in all miui is adapable and you can get used to it. Constantly have lte or 4g at least. Screen is really nice for an lcd (once you clear the shit color settings). Dude I paid 187 on Ali 4/64 blue. Threw a micro SD card in and it's a blast. Plus lineage is on the way! This thing replaced my Nexus 6p. R.I.6P.

Sent from my Redmi™ Note 7 Using Taptalk

Hello friend, 1 yuan has been deposited into your account.

>implying he doesn’t have a Chinese state gun to his head when typing.

PS3 and my laptop at the time (but we had WiFi on base) when I had more space, those were later though.
I also had a huge data subscription at the time for times when I was out and about, thinking back, having a rugged/waterproof phone that also had GPS too would come handy at times.
But yeah I do recommend keeping a base phone and a field phone, one for quality use and the other for durability. It's also easier charging them when you have to swap them quickly or often.

I don't know how your stuff is or will be also.
A good wristwatch and flashlight come in handy too.

get a Essential PH-1 Open Box off eBay, they're in you price range and one of the best devices you can get for that kind of money

I'd prefer to not get my phones used, not sure if some dude nutted on it

Based retardbro.

>Open Box
>used
pick one bro

Thoughts on replicant?

Attached: Replicant_03.jpg (500x375, 52K)

how to root the phone so that it disables the in-app ads and enables youtube videos to run in the background while the screen is off?

The flashlight idea is nice, i dont think i will have wifi, im joining the foreing legion but a nice data plan will do, thank you!

smart move.

Attached: 1558547967438.png (952x717, 186K)

Adaway + YouTube Vanced

>Android does what repli-can't

French Foreign Legion? Good luck, I had a friend who served there.

Any idea how free is the free time? I dont mind working all day if i can relax from time to time

Android app for sftp file transfer?
- authorize by ssh key
- preferrably foss
- bonus points for socks5 support, although not necessary
> scp in termux
no

Termius

You've managed to find the option shittier than everything I had found before.

Considering you are literally incapable of using Termux it's what you deserve, nigger. Grow up

Return it. I currently have a Z2 Play and it does the weirdest shit - sometimes the volume will suddenly become 90% of what it should be (quiet), calls will go straight to voice mail, and alarms won't go off at random (I've been late to class 2-3 times because of it). Do yuorself a favor and get something with some more stable software. I'm in the process of upgrading(sidegrading?) to a Pixel 3a .

Had a cheapo LG for 6 years, today it took a shit when I dropped it. Seems to be stuck in boot loop, it's getting power but no safe mode/cords/etc seem to work and I need a new phone anyway because everything slowly stopped working and apps crashed all the time.

I grabbed a Galaxy J7 in the meantime to have a phone, but I wanted to do research and buy something else and return the one I got.
I honestly don't need a whole lot of shit, but I'm willing to spend up to maybe 500-700. I want something that will just last, I really won't be fucking around with games or any of that shit, just want to use it with clover, texting/phonecalls, and just want it to last. I don't care about rice that much either so it doesn't need a stupid strong cpu or anything, what am I looking at for recs? What I have already is shit and this will just be an immediate upgrade regardless.

Fennec
Firefox Klar
Bromite

Attached: 1547267411718.jpg (720x540, 210K)

Please explain how, I'm retarded

I'm looking at buying a Xiaomi Redmi note 7 soon. I was interested in the 128GB rom model, after checking prices, I noticed the pro is only $31nz more than the regular note7 which seems tempting. However, I see its only what i assume is the chinese model available anywhere due to its lack of Google play support? I didnt think this would be a problem if I could just flash it with custom firmware, but I cant seem to find any firmware thats actually been released for the pro yet? Is there currently no firmware available or am I looking in the wrong place? Is it worth going for the pro at the moment or will the standard model offer a lot more choice as far as custom firmware goes?

Global version for more network bands + Xiaomi.eu ROM is what you're looking for.

If you're going to keep that phone for a significant amount of time then the pro version is definitely worth it.

Your phone/tablet is a fully computer and can run full webservers with ftp/mysql/nginx/php/etc. You can even run your own VOIP/chat server or if you like, your own dns server to block out those pesky ads.

If you're looking at rugged stuff, check out blackview. My bv9500 has worked surprisingly well for 6 months now, thing is unkillable.
Giant and heavy though

Any flip-phone recommendations? Prefer battery life and a small notch to hang phone-accessories in.

i guess but that's the standard msrp for new s7s if you don't have a plan.

redpill me on xiaomi phones
Im planning to replave my huawei P9 with a redmi note 6 pro

Anyone know when they might release the Librem 5?

mi a2 lite

keep tha change, ya filthy animal

he cute

I just got a Pixel 3a after using an OG Pixel for years. Anybody with a 3a noticed that the touch screen is kinda crappy?

When linux doesn't suck

what is this, 2016 again?
LMAO

Mode1 Retro
Samsung SM-G9298
Folder2
Samsung W2017-W2019
Samsung Leadership
Freetel Musashi

Kyocera and Sharp Japanese flip phones

supposedly sometime around

I was hoping it was sometime aflat

I have a ZTE Axon 7.

>the good
aluminum body is good
great speakers
great dac for 3.5mm jack headphones
usb C
I got it for super cheap
good screen
decent battery life

>the bad
camera isn't great
front facing camera is worse
many apps are sluggish as hell
a lot of basic functions are sluggish
battery is hard to replace/basically non-user replaceable
no hardware home button

Looking for something new but I like a lot of the Axon 7 features, what would you all recommend?

also what's the deal with huawei getting nuked soon and shit

What am I supposed to see