After 10 years, support for Windows 7 is nearing the end

These fucking niggers
Fuck you Microsoft.
The best OS they have ever released and they can't wait to take every opportunity to remind you that they are killing it.

As far as OSes go, it was nearly perfect. Sure it doesn't have support for newer hardware, but it also doesn't suffer from the problems that keep popping up in Windows 10.

“Where do you want to go today?”
Windows 8.1
Linux
(Mac is already dead; Mactoddlers BTFO)

pic related
screenshot from the most recent Windows update.

Attached: MS Windows 7 Update support ends.jpg (1120x677, 93K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/9z0pui/are_you_able_to_activate_windows_10_with_a/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

10 LTSC just werks

Install Gentoo

Debian stable, or your pick of the ubuntu flavours if you want a just werks distro

>same user
Honestly I would rather use mac os than windows nowadays

Wish there was an option that mimics the look and feel of Win7 perfectly in Win10. .

Can you blame them? How else are they going to sell your data and show you products goy. Can’t you think of the rich Jew for once?

Can you still activate win10 with a win7 key?

I'll just keep using 8.1. What exactly do I need support for anyway?

Sorry to hear, Grandma. Perhaps you can ask your grandson to get you a new computer to replace that Compaq.

>8.1
>support
you got time

what start menu replacement are you using?

>get you a new computer to replace that Compaq
You mean my HP Z820 with dual 10core processors and 256GB RAM?

Yeah let us have an aero option. Flatness is for pussies that have to worry about battery life.

>tfw running W10 ltsc on my XP-ready thinkpad from 2007
based SSDs

>install rolling release
Linux doesn’t have this (((feature)))

>Thinkpad
They are on to us...

>Flatness is for pussies that have to worry about battery life
fuck, its not even about battery life
how about a single, coherent interface, not a win10 one, and a carryover bastardazied win7 one for when the 10 version doesnt work.

Things like "end of life" "support" and "updates" are weasel word and FUD terms.

"Updates" are not an intelligent security model; rather quite the opposite. If you trust a known malicious and unethical for profit company known for distributing malware and violating users security, privacy and property with your "safety" then you are a big moron and not safe.

"Vulnerabilities" and "exploits" are only a problem if you are dumb enough to leave their "services" on with ports connectable from the remote internet such as the built in netbios, netbt, sql server and all the other intentional backdoor crap microsoft INTENTIONALLY puts in.

If you shut down the built in spyware and servers and set it up so everyone in india and china can't connect to several open ports.

KNOW WHAT A FRIGGIN IP ADDRESS AND PORT IS! then you will be fine using ANY OS.

I've used every OS from DOS, Win 3.11, 95, 98SE, NT4, 2000, XP, OS/2 Warp 4 on the internet every year and very recently and never has one of them spontaneously self destructed or become infected.

Linux owners on suicide watch lmao.
Windows 10 is much faster than 7 and much harder to pirate.
It wont be long until Windows 7 is no longer supported, and when that happens, what is Linux going to do ?
Linux will have to find a way to work under W10 from here on, since it wont be able to rely on W7 being readily available anymore. Linux may seem like a good alternative to Office, but all that is happening in linux is that the windows interface is cleverly hidden away. It still needs the drivers and software services in order to run, and in most cases - that happens WITHOUT a valid windows licence.
Unless you are a filthy pirate you may as well just stay legal, run the Windows drivers, and run Office on the desktop instead of the linux.
I hope Windows 10 put an end to this abuse of intellectual property. Anyone that supports the continuation of Windows 7 in place of 10 surely has a hidden agenda .. and you will surely be caught out.

>and much harder to pirate
nigger it's two clicks

Don't think so, accesibilty thing ended in 2017 don't think you can upgrade anymore for free. If you are that determined to join the botnet keys are £3.50 on ebay

>nigger it's two clicks
sauce?

im considering the LTSB version since it's supposedly the least pozzed
I want to go linux, and probably will at the bare metal, but I still need Windows for work.

ms toolkit
or two clicks + enter for vl-all if you're into cmd

/thread

Libreoffice

Linux is undeniably faster, but you must sacrifice convenience for speed and freedom. As someone who has met the foot cheese eater in person I see linux as the best way forward. Even under that comes mac os before windows

Someone spoonfeed me a non pozzed win 10 enterprise ISO

go fuck yourself

you want the LTSB version, not 'enterprise' which is pozzed

Guess what, I'll just keep using it.The only reason I still have it is to keep gaming separate from work on my computer, and I'm not downgrading to windows 10 if I'm only using that piece of shit os once or twice a week anyway.

So much text and so weak bait. Many such cases. Sad!

Use Windows XP and modify the ISO with NLITE to make it lighter. Install all FOSS Tools for Windows.

*LTSC

Windows 7 Embedded has I think another year of support when 2020 begins, but this is still sad.

>t.lincuck shill

Do not remind me again

Pretty sure that's not true. Officially their upgrade offer ended, but Win7 and 8 keys can still be used to activate win10.

reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/9z0pui/are_you_able_to_activate_windows_10_with_a/

*reminds you*

Attached: notification.jpg (1140x720, 161K)

> the best
> runs like shit on all modern processors
the absolute fucking state of this board. what a fucking moron.
> problems that keep popping up
> cites zero problems because: uses windows 7
consider suicide, tyrone.

>you got time
mainline support stopped last year. you've got extended support until 2023 (much like previous windows, you only get bare minimum security patches and other system fixes that are critical). why do you clueless fucking faggots give zero fucks about performance and security and insist on using dangerously out of date cancer?

fpbp
/thread

just recently installed LTSC things are fine
doing some research prior to it however, there were some people here complaining that some things are broken on it saying "you can't install x on this version of windows"
what software are they talking about where this is the case?
I so far have the basic shit installed (browser, keepass, foobar, etc) and have not encountered any issues

Microsoft Windows Store apps.
Only issue I ever had was the very first LSTB 2015, which nVidia wouldn't release drivers for the 10-series.
Not sure if this is something that will persist in the future, where any LTSC version with be hardware limited to the year it was made in.

Support is ending but Microsoft just released a security fix for XP/2003 to patch terminal services.
I have a feeling Win7 will be around a a while.

Linux obviously

Attached: 1558853140081.jpg (927x1200, 475K)

Yes I activated it with my OEM sticker key

You can install a minimal amount of Windows Store to use windows store apps on LTSB/LTSC btw

If I own a legit Windows 7 Pro key, can I translate it over to a Windows 10 Pro key?

I mean I haven't once downloaded anything off windows store or used any of their apps so I don't really care, looks like LTSC is fine for me then especially since I have hardware from late 2017

Yes

Continue using 7 until no update from hardware vendor.

awesome. That said, do I just put that key into a fresh install of Windows 10 and away I go? Or is there somewhere I have to officially transfer it from 7 to 10?

Linux is going to take over due to stagnation/regression. It's taken 10 years for Linux to catch up to Windows 7, Budgie is about as good as the Windows 7 user experience and Wine has gotten so good .

>LINUX IS TOTALLY GOING TO TAKE OVER WINDOWS GUIS
lol no.

anyone else catch that Cooler Master sponsorship? Of all companies, how did CM get the Computex contract?

Just install Windows 10 there is literally Nothing wrong with it

I installed LTSB back when windows 10 first launched. Is there any easy way to move to LTSC without a full re-install and is it even worth it?

LTSB/LTSC were specifically made to be installed once and never upgraded. They're for mission critical systems that need security updates and nothing else. If you don't need to use a newer GPU, there's no need to upgrade though.

How do you IP address and Ports on an OS? I thought that was for internet stuff
t. Brainlet