Best music player for Android? No Spotify or Apple music shills please. This thread is for the real audiophile

Best music player for Android? No Spotify or Apple music shills please. This thread is for the real audiophile.

Attached: images.jpg (511x288, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

apkpure.com/es/music-player-mp3-player-audio-player/musicplayer.musicapps.music.mp3player
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrtstudio.AnotherMusicPlayer&hl=en_US
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

apkpure.com/es/music-player-mp3-player-audio-player/musicplayer.musicapps.music.mp3player

i know its google play but you can find a premium apk somewhere

vanilla music

>audiophile
you called?

Attached: download.png (249x158, 1K)

Amp

Musicolet

Vinyl, it's a phonograph fork so you don't have to pay to get the amoled theme and other features.

Take an ABX test you retarded phoneposter. You probably can't tell the difference between FLAC/MP3 anyway.

pulsar

black player

this.

Musicolet

Poweramp

Poweramp, it only cost a couple bucks but fuck its a nice music player.

Prob not the best, but 432player if you're serious about audio.

Attached: double.jpg (736x981, 200K)

Vanilla Music Player.

jetAudio+, legitimately the only one I can stand

this

3rd for poweramp

Attached: Best-Poweramp-Settings-and-Tricks-012_4d470f76dc99e18ad75087b1b8410ea9.png (700x334, 25K)

I like blackplayer
It costs like 3 dollars, but whatever

Poweramp

For me? It is Vinyl Music Player!

Attached: Screenshot_Vinyl Music Player_20190527-014420.png (1080x1920, 1.31M)

Poweramp for looks, Foobar for usability.

not only the best, but the only one that's good.

I will stab you

Neutron if you're listening to music, whatever if you're just looking at album arts.

foobar2000 because it's the only player that works with opus afaik

blackplayer ex, just google the APK because the free version is limited, favorite android player so far, all of the features are great

Pulsar because it has a UI I like and supports not having album art as metadata. I'm more than willing to switch to something non-chink, but it seems like all the nice open source players don't have support for cover.jpg being the album art for everything in that folder. I'd rather not bloat all my music collection with 1MB+ per file album art or have shitty 200x200 art. Having artist pages that give you all the albums and then all the songs separately is pretty comfy too.

Attached: Screenshot_20190527-020330_Pulsar.jpg (1440x2960, 2.45M)

Can it comprehend flac cue files?

default lineageos one

also yeah I grew out of the "flac is better" meme phase a few years ago, I still keep my flac files on my phone too though lol

any Player, that lets me skip a track by holding volume up/down?
really miss this feature from my old stock player

Attached: 0000HHj9039.jpg (605x508, 81K)

I've been using Shuttle because it's barebones. The Play store is so full of bloated music players it's fucking insane.

The stock player.
Everything just frontends the same shit anyway.

I know the guy who made Shuttle, fun fact.

Vanilla music player fork from f-droid because in playstore is dead

AIMP - free of charge, folder sorting, plays Flac without a hitch, has skins.

Foobar.
It's the only free player with a good folder based browser UI and all the necessary features.
Every other (free) player is lacking something.

Does playing flac drain battery life faster?

AIMP works for me

Samshit music player.
It just werks

Compared to what? It also depends on the compression level, but generally speaking FLAC is very efficient.
Foobar has a decoding speed test, you can do a comparison.

>flac with premium
>virtually the same as spotify but isn't owned by fuckerberg

Attached: d.jpg (512x512, 29K)

How does it compare to Vinyl/Phonograph?
Looks the same at first glance

I tried Vinyl for a couple of days and crashed regularly.

Never had any problems, except for that one time my sd got corrupted, but that was because battery died as i was taking a picture

Vinyl

user, i...

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-27-18-46-44-095_com.kodarkooperativet.blackplayerex.png (1080x2246, 144K)

this

>Tidal
>(((MQA)))

All these are bloated garbage with shit UI and very similar
This : is the only real free option
And this : Is the best paid option. Trust me I spent days looking at every obscure player on the store because I'm autismo.

yeah nah

It's a feature you need to root your phone for if it's not stock.
Based

Asking for the "best" app on a fucking smartphone is like asking what the best bit of shit is in a massive pile of shit.

When is this fucking goddamn smartphone clusterfuck ever going to end? Can we please outlaw these fucking privacy-stealing tracking devices?

Rocket Music Player
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrtstudio.AnotherMusicPlayer&hl=en_US

Does poweramp still autistically brick itself if you don't have have a connection 24/7?

>NiggerPlayer

lol enjoy your lack of replay gain support

I use foobar and Spotify. Also, I'm not an audiophile.

Yes

Found the shuffle cuck.

Seconding this
Source: autismo as well

I bought PowerAmp in circa 2011. It has always been god-tier, the recent revamp made it even better.

DSub

Chill the fuck out, Richard

Also, install PowerAmp

samsung music is genuinely the most aesthetic and functional

>Ctrl F
>Power amp
>9 results
Brothers of fine taste

Attached: for(you)brother.jpg (1280x704, 76K)

PowerAmp is the only correct answer.

Attached: Screenshot_20190528-010349_Poweramp.jpg (1440x2960, 1.3M)

VLC
Anything proprietary is garbage

I'm a bit upset that max changed the UI so wildly. I still use an older version of poweramp on my GS5 and the UI is perfect, especially perfect for when you're driving. Don't need to look at your phone to change tracks, etc.

Retro music has the best UI, but the author is a retard so it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't

Attached: Screenshot_20190527-170536_Retro Music.jpg (1440x3040, 852K)

Blackplayer, lets me sort tracks by folder

>Don't need to look at your phone to change tracks
You still don't need to do that? Just swipe the screen like always

I prefer buttons than swiping or gesture shit. I've tried to replicate the old UI as best as I possibly could in the options but I haven't had the most luck. And then there's retarded decisions that max made like the back button going back to the last page you were at (which times exits poweramp entirely) instead of higher up in the folder/menu hierarchy. It has been difficult adjusting.

Amen. Was much easier tapping the album art to go back instead of the small button at the top left. They killed my favourite skin as well. Hopefully the dev updates it. I only got stuck with this shit after a recent factory reset (normally do not allow apps to auto update for just this reason)

I have to buy this poweramp shit? Fuck that

I've been lurking their forums, I think they have an APK of that older version that is the "official' version for people with older phones incase the latest one doesn't function.

F2K, animation and window dressings are for shitters

>I have to do something to get the good thing
Yes you have to.
You could always go for the lesser alternatives, but you already know which option was the right one, before you started acting like a retard that is.

> I have to pay for quality?
Real world is going to bite your ass hard when you leave the basement user..

Neat, will need to have a dig around, I had a brief look around but didn't spend too much time on it, would love it back.

>Neat
Just be aware that it isn't being updated any more as poweramp 2 (I believe that's what they're calling this new one) is the new official version. But hell, I have no issues with the older one on my GS5. Still my preferred way to use it, this thing has become a giant MP3 player for me.

> im too poor to afford $3
Maybe you should start charging more for blowjobs you faggot.

Thats fine, like I said, updates were off anyway, I was comfy where I was.