Give me one good reason why you're not using the most advanced programming editor ever made Jow Forums...

Give me one good reason why you're not using the most advanced programming editor ever made Jow Forums. Pro-tip: You can't. An no, VIM, Emacs, and other autist editors made about a century ago are not good.

Attached: visual_studio_code_logo.jpg (1200x794, 47K)

In b4 "micro$haft". Just remember, Microsoft Linux

> bloat

Because I enjoy having battery life measured in hours and not minutes.
Seriously, try not running chrome or any chrome-based software and see how long your battery lasts.

>vim is no good
>that's why we included vim mode

why is it better?
A fucking notepad does the same thing for text editing.

All real societys provide disability support services. Where are you from, some third-world shit hole?

Download size: 68.1MB. Install VIM, a plugin manager and some plugins to match functionality: Size: 650MB.

Sublime is better.

Literally, it isn't. Closed source botnet. Have to pay to use it. Was abandon-ware for 2 1/2 years.

>download size: 68MB
>fully installed size: 543MB

>Still less that VIM

Because I use an IDE like real men do.

Truth

Tried it using vim extension. Input lag made it unusable

There's literally none.

And yet, real women write more important code and earn more than you and your "IDE".

i dont want to

Ok?

Because I'm not a poorfag with a tinfoil hat running 12 year old hardware, my macbook averages 9 hours of battery life using both VS Code and Chrome.

Because it is not open sores, it's freeware unless you build it yourself. Fuck if I'm gonna do all that when I already have vim.

VIM isn't open sores. It's nigger-ware.

>doesn't want to
>calls himself a programmer
>ignores fact due to self-loathing
I'm imagining the shocking quality of code you write.

There was literally upwards of 100ms when using basic search and replace, undo insert etc.

Get a faster computer.

If it doesn't run fast on a high end laptop then it's a garbage text editor.

Why would i buy a faster computer to run shitware when i can stick to vim that affords me more functionality and customizability than vs code while actually responding to input?

Thinkpad's aren't high end. Buy a macbook.

I didn't mention thinkpads, did you mean to respond to someone else?

an IDE that taking more than 30 giga in typical install and basic tools..
slow bloated and ram consume for "muh microsoft comfy"..
if you dont care about system preformence you can kys and FUCKOFF op

I don't use vim, but it's far more advanced than vstudio is

Because this exists

Attached: code.png (1024x1024, 227K)

I've installed shit-tons of plugin and still under 138mb on hard disk

based and codiumpilled

i think your lying or a mega tard

Attached: Screenshot_20190527-090442_Samsung Internet.jpg (720x1280, 398K)

That's Visual Studio, not VS Code, dumb phoneposter.

Attached: 1526588485206.png (469x452, 277K)

But I am using it.

Because vim + cscope + gcc linting is a real IDE, while vs code is an editor. Professionals use the right tool for the job instead of being autistic and making it deliberately harder for themselves.

VIMchad here, I agree it's the best feature complete editor, had not for my autism to stick to a terminal, I would have used it.

>That's Visual Studio, not VS Code
literally wtf? What do you mean by VS is not visual studio?
>dumb phoneposter.
thats because im at work right now and i dont want to shitpost here on my workplace ISP..

I X I? I have no idea what this even is but I will keep using emacs, which will doubtless be around long after whatever the meme thing Op is shilling is forgotten.

>my macbook

Attached: FB2DB174-03B2-4C3C-B212-4FFD4A65DCB6.gif (220x216, 39K)

itt: op tries out as many diff baits as possible

Because I use Atom!

Attached: 1558625742522.jpg (1024x504, 41K)

Is there a single good reason to use VS Code when LSPs exist

>VSCodium
Not bad. It still phones home to MS when you have any extensions installed, though.

this is your brain on homeschooling

user go to the IQ store and buy some more IQ

It's not emacs

No

because it is BLOATED and GUI. fuck that shit

I am using it right now.

VS is a bloated pile of goddamn cancerous shit now. Takes fucking forever to do anything in that goddamn thing. Amazing how VS6 used to pop up almost instantly on even the potatoist of computers at the time and now the new one takes forever even on your expensive supercomputers.

And VSCode is a glorified text editor, no one cares about it.

but neovim is

Does it have multiple cursors?

>And VSCode is a glorified text editor, no one cares about it.
????

Attached: 158621489214456.png (694x867, 29K)

A FUCKING WEB BROWSER

Attached: 1517629205318.jpg (1920x1080, 172K)

Yes.

Try writing in C

No need of going full based. Even eclipse (java) blows VSCode out of the water in terms of speed and memory usage.

This

>pajeet overflow

>uses flow for typescript
>literally fucking crashes when using flow without typescript
>bug has existed for 2+ years with no interest in fixing it

Eclipse is one of the worst editors in existence. It's one of the very few IDEs that will actively break your build when you open it.

The fact that they thought it necessary to reinvent the maven build lifecycle speaks volumes to their ignorance.

why don't people talk about this more often?

I never had this problem, and I have been using eclipse since v3.2 with heavy plugins.
However a retarded C# programmer that sits near me and uses Java from time to time is always in trouble.
Retards will be retards.

It's just placebo VS Code.

emacs is more fun
vsc is just coorporate and soulless

vs with resharper is bretty gud.

resharper makes VS bearable but it makes the load times even worse

Why you need that many plugins? Are too dumb to rtfm and configure vim? Instead on relying on plugins for every damn task that "you need to do"

>Vim was made 1919