What just happened in the CPU world?

> AMD released something about their new Ryzen chips
> Intel released something about their new i9 chips

Could someone give me an unbiased explanation of these events?

What are the pros and cons of each chip?

Attached: YyhjHj9.jpg (5000x2222, 496K)

AMD won. the end.
Nvidia probably will still hold it's ground for a while.

AMD's new thing costs $499 and spanks Intel's new $1199 thing like a disobedient avocado.
>$700 less
>better single core
>better multi core
>better IPC
>better thermals/TDP
>backwards compatible with AM4 instead of needing a special HEDT socket
>no Meltdown or Zombieload or all the other Intel-only security holes of the past few years
There's literally no reason to buy Intel at all at any price point right now.

Intel renamed the 9900k and changed the default clocks. AMD released a $500 Intel killer.

>intel BTFO
What more do you need?

Is this real?

yes, Intel is finished

Attached: 4768719a54c0d1ddf94281b45f1a87bdfe848b976ef81bc557b5316048234d14.jpg (1335x1491, 244K)

>at any price point right now
As shitbox i5/i7 optiplex + dgpu is still cheaper than a new low-end build though

Well they are AMD benchmarks so who really knows, but that's what they said.

pretty much.

Yes.

Attached: photo_20190526_202526.jpg (998x485, 45K)

they do not tend to lie about those, there are other benchmarks to see but what was on stage is usually true

But how will I fit in with all my friends if I don't get the zombieload patch for my new computer? It isn't available on AMD :(

>9900KYS

Sure, but then maybe game performance was better in pubg but worse in fortnite, maybe they were better in Cinebench but will lose a bit in other workloads, I am pretty sure they are selective about what they show.
And I have an AMD cpu, works great for what I do and the price was ok.

>worse in fortnite
it wasnt

>Unbiased
>Jow Forums
Nigger do you even know where you are?

they showed pubg for a reason, it is the worst running ryzen game. the worst. it loses quite a lot to intel with previous gen in it.

>AMD benchmark showing AMD product is better than main competitor product in literally every single way
thinking emoji

Today is a good day friends, soon I’ll be free of these security vulnerabilities for a much lower cost!

Attached: B3CFBBFB-630E-4345-AF89-FB577464534C.jpg (1200x849, 176K)

Ok I didn't know that. I am really not an expert on that matter. My only point is not to fall for hype by any company, but for the price it looks promising.

Intel a shit

AMD shit on Intel's future and Intel's response was to release the 9900K again

>pubg is an amd benchmark

For the record the GPU equivalent would have been if they showed Fortnite running on Navi. Obviously Navi isn't good enough to show it running on their worst game though.

intel ultra sweat