NEVER

>there will NEVER be a good amd gpu
Honestly, why even live?

Attached: jpg.jpg (690x350, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/qxDfO9ukvf8
youtu.be/cvNXm9Qt9dA
github.com/llvm-mirror/llvm/commit/f43d543c4508e6857afadcf9f2381b4ea3380939?at=anzwix
youtu.be/dYbzUvMe4uw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

AMD does not have good gpu, they do have good cpu.

I mean for amd to win you need to compare 800$ amd rx 5000 16gb vs gtx 1060ti

they used to at least offer decent budget cards...

I haven't bothered with AMD GPUs since their r9 Fury X.
And it was already trash.

On the other hand AMD might have revitalised the CPU market with actual performance instead of the usual charity for poor people or the sake of competition.

But there is one. And there are great budget ones as well. RX 570 is literally double the performance of 1050 Ti and the like.

>And there are great budget ones as well.
Yeah, that's literally all AMD can create. A budget dumpster fire with """double the performance""" at triple the TDP.

>rx570
lmao ooo oo o o o o o o
1080p and medium settings, fuck off

This is what I mean with charity for poor people

>buying a 1050 Ti when the 580 exist
>buying a 2080 when the Radeon VIII exists
The high end is literally the only place they can't compete.

hang yourself

There will never be a good >high-end< AMD GPU.

I only want them to compete in that segment to push down prices all across the range but for personal use and 99% of people you should be buying mid range anyway. You get a lot more milage for your buck.

Enjoy your "performance per dollar" RX-whatever Mohamed Gonzelez Pradesh Ivanovic

>"""double the performance"""
>rx570
>lmao ooo oo o o o o o o
>1080p and medium settings, fuck off
youtu.be/qxDfO9ukvf8
youtu.be/cvNXm9Qt9dA
Die and fuck off. I wouldn't worry about any of this if money grew on trees and I could buy RX 2080 or whatever the fuck when I felt like it. It's clearly superior to Nvidia in the mid range, budget segment and that's that.

>buy mediocre AMD GPU
>keep it for 3 years
>mediocre performance barely console tier
>can't even sell it for anything because it's mediocre
>buy another brand new mediocre AMD GPU
>repeat ad nauseum

Great and sound financial decision.

You can have the money. You chose not to in order to buy right now something that is utter garbage
Save $2 a day (convert to your shithole currency) and you can have what PC gaming has to offer

>You chose not to in order to buy right now something that is utter garbage
Nice assumptions on what hardware I own. And you repeating these cards are utter garbage when they run most games on high/ultra and 60 fps is just bullshit and you know it. What the fuck more could you possibly need? And it's not just a GPU with top of the line ones - it's most likely a new PSU as well, maybe a new motherboard as well.

NVIDIA is trash with shitty drivers. AMD might be like 1% slower but at least they care about Linux.

>Since r9furyx
Wow that long? I dropped amd at hd7000 series

God, their reference cards looks so sexy.

>Nice assumptions on what hardware I own.
For a matter of fact I know you own the "mid-range" (low range) GPUs you keep pretending are good financial decisions.

>they run most games on high/ultra and 60 fps is just bullshit and you know it.

Translation : they run every game around 60fps at 1080p when I lower texture quality, effects and LoD.

Basically should have bought a console at this point.

>it's most likely a new PSU as well, maybe a new motherboard as well
So you were retarded enough to buy a 350W PSU. Nice one.
And you don't need a new motherboard for a GPU you macaque.

Vega is amazing for tweakers and overclockers.
The stock settings are horrid, with the card being at max possible voltage out the box, but with some tweaks you can get a V64 betting a 1080 in basically every game at 200ish watts, which isn't that far off from the 1080 itself.
Not to mention the superior drivers and user experience.

Yeahhh but not really?

An RX470 still performs very well in modern games at 1200P. Not "dynamic resolution" not 900p and at higher settings than standard consoles.

Feel free to cherrypick some games where it performs poorly and I'll respond with games that perform fantastically.

We can jerk each other off later.

>NVIDIA is trash with shitty drivers. AMD might be like 1% slower but at least they care about Linux.
This is the funniest post I've seen in a long time. I feel sorry for you, honestly.

>$80 for 6 month old rx580
I'm very happy with it

r9 290 was really good.
6950 could be flashed to a 6970 which made it a great value.

Thank you for all the insults and random assumptions.

Nvidia drivers are hot DOGSHIT mate.

Once NVIDIA gets serious and makes a competent open source driver we can talk again. Until then AMD is the only choice unless you’re a WinToddler.

samenigger

my undervolted/underclocked VII is just as efficient as turing so I don't fucking care about what faggots say

1950 and 5870

Wait for die size on the GPU that was just announced. If it's just slightly bigger than Polaris, you have a great chip there and every possibility is still open.

Nvidia already makes a far superior driver for Linux

Open sores tards can kill themselves if they want to use nouveau garbage

Sorry I’m not running a botnet closed source driver on my open source OS. If I wanted to be lame and gay I’d run Windows.

>my undervolted/underclocked VII is just as efficient as turing so I don't fucking care about what faggots say
Do you repeat this to yourself every night so that you don't regret your ridiculously poor purchase?

lmfao, top comedy. that's why I come here, never disappointed

poor purchase for the best compute card for home users?

>best compute card
>home users
These two things are incongruent with one another. From a "home user" perspective, it's literally only important to autistic hobbyists, which, coincidentally, are the primary consumer base for AMD GPUs.

The Nvidia driver might not follow virgin Linux standards, but it was the only remotely usable driver for ages, and is still more performant than AMD garbage. It's also been far better at maintaining feature parity with the Windows drivers--didn't the Linux AMD drivers only get support for Freesync just recently whereas the Nvidia drivers have had G-Sync support for years? lol

When shilling it’s important not to sound so ass hurt. You come across as a really ass burned loser, almost like you’re abusing drugs and can’t get your next hit or fix, and this frustration is leaking into your professional life.

I’m not sure if it’s just because you’re not white, or if it’s because you got your job not through qualification and intelligence but simply through nepotism, or if you have gender issues, but sounding desperate and weepy and eternally ass burned isn’t going to stop people from buying AMD.

Ultimately you’re just telegraphing your unresolved frustrations, nobody is going to actually be persuaded by somebody who comes off as a bitter incel.

Nobody cares if it’s closed source you moron. You might have no principles (clearly you have none or else you wouldn’t be a paid shill, as we can all tell you are) but other people do. You’re coming off as more of an ass burned incel than a Hillary voter on Election Day.

nice copypasta

GPU which outperforms 2070 is quite good. They have VII to compete with 2080 so I won't expect anything in this regard until they shit-can current instinct gen, depleting VII chip supplies.

>there will NEVER be good Nvidia GPU drivers for Linux
Honestly, I don't really care.

RVII doesn't really compete with 2080. It's too slow. It competes with the 1080 ti.

Anyone who thinks this will be faster than the 2070 probably believed RVII was faster or matched the 2080 when it was announced at CES. AMD's GPU department is a joke.

The high-end GPU market is about to die anyway. Why should AMD try to race Nvidia into a pit??

it's 5% slower for 15% cheaper. RVII is a good card, and surprisingly cold, 67C' is nothing.
I wouldn't buy any this gen products though.

here is a thing 5700 is a weird number. there must be 5800 and 5900.

I'm still using a 390 I got for under 290 in 2015. It had over twice the ram of the 93.5 and is still passable to this day.

Pretty good to me.

Attached: ff.jpg (1024x683, 130K)

>buying a 2080 when the Radeon VIII exists
They're the same price and the 2080 is slightly better in most games, not to mention already has custom coolers. As much as I hate Nvidia, there's no real practical AMD options at the high end.

>RVII is a good card, and surprisingly cold
Are you high? Literal housefire with record breaking 300+W TDP that overheats and throttles with stock voltage.

AMD cards are more balanced for CAD and gaming. Nvidia cards turn to dog shit for non cuda and gaming work load.

github.com/llvm-mirror/llvm/commit/f43d543c4508e6857afadcf9f2381b4ea3380939?at=anzwix

>EF_AMDGPU_MACH_AMDGCN_LAST = EF_AMDGPU_MACH_AMDGCN_GFX1010
>GCN

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

RDNA IS A FRAUD

RDNA and GCN are coexisting in this coming gen

I saw only couple reviews, they say it's under 75C in stress test.

RDNA.
1.5X the performance per watt than CGN.

It's literally going to beat Nvidia at certain price points even in power, not just performance.

Attached: Laughing Whore.jpg (762x900, 161K)

AYYMD said 2.8x for Poolaris and everyone knows thats a lie and a fraud

Poovi is another GCN HOUSEFIRES

Attached: 3071393-0626509002-AMD-R.jpg (1920x1080, 90K)

You realize there have been periods in last decades when AMD was ahead of Nvidia? Just like Nvidia is ahead of AMD now?

You realize that things change all the time, AMD's RDNA looks promising if what they claim is true.
We'll have to see.

You realize that AMD is primarily a chip manufacturer who bought a GPU manufacturer?
Their primary point of GPUs is to be on the CPU, integrated GPUs. For both laptops and desktops, Nvidia can't even compete with that market, not even Intel themselves can.
Even Intel uses AMD iGPUs for their CPUs.

They are doing pretty well as far GPUs go. They have certainly a huge selection of iGPUs and dGPUs that are good, depending on the use case / scenario.

Attached: 1558814451154.jpg (799x1200, 79K)

But it wasn't. Maybe you're confusing it with RX 580.

Last good AMD GPU series was HD7k.
They are so much behind Nvidia, it's not even funny anymore. I hope after ZEN2's success, AMD will finally bring more focus to their shitty GPUs. They aren't even able to compete with Nvidia's 12nm cards with their lower nm cards.
Beyond pathetic.

Gods Asian girls in pantyhose...

Attached: ff.png (800x487, 473K)

>Wait for Poolaris
>Wait for Pooga
>Wait for Poovi
>Wait for ........

Repeat after me:
NEVER OBSOLETE

Attached: 1659036047_833023303_o[1].jpg (640x493, 80K)

AMD GPUs actually work with Linux though

rx480 was all that though, polaris is a decent arch.

This. It's fucking plug and play in any decent distro. I don't get why so many on Jow Forums care about a few FPS extra that don't really matter, and prefer getting F'ed into the ass with pricing to show that "they aren't poorfags". Are only the winjeets nvidiots here?

>tfw I read her shirt as "camp little hole"

Jesus Christ, don't ever race mix guys.

>AMD does not have good gpu
The RX 570 beats everything Novidea has to offer in that price range

>not liking adorable insectoids

Imagine posting this the day after AMD annou Ced they finally fixed the bottlenecks in GCN and are getting 1.25x perf per clock and 1.5x perf/watt vs Vega. Lmoa

>not reporting and ignoring obvious paid nvidia shills

RX580 8GB is pretty good IMO
t. proud GTX 1060 3GB owner

youtu.be/dYbzUvMe4uw
Damn right. Not seeing why anyone would need anything more than this. PUBG is bullshit anyway and really the only other game it drops its performance to below 60 fps is that Tomb Raider one I'll never play. Considering the price - clear winner.

I simply want to be saved from this nvidia misery.
I don't care who just finish nvidia off already.

Kinda glad 2080ti are cheap now and I got one
2070 tier performance is meh for 100hz+ 1440p minimum these days
Where the fuck is a decent flagship? Vega was a joke especially 7

Except I bought a 2080ti cheap and oc it because nothing can touch it?
Jfc some of us actually want to game at 3k+ 60hz+ you know right?

>2080ti cheap
funny joke.

You will catch a ban for reporting the paid shills.

I went the same route.
Mine cost $95.
Amazing bargain.
Perfect card to hold me over until next build.
Cheapest used 1060 6gb's cost $40 more and aren't faster.
570 is also a crazy good deal equal to 1060 3gb but cost way less.
Used 1070 is the only thing nvidia i'd consider.
Good deal at $200.

Nigger, amd gpus give overall better visual quality than nvidia cards. The main reason amd falls behind in those ultra benchmarks is due to gimped alisasing. Take that away and push texture+render scale to the max and amd will give better visuals and better performance. Now go jump off a roof.

This. Jannies are incel+nvtard shills themselves.

Don't the drivers gimp them too? Not sure if I've seen comparison benchmarks of that, but I'm pretty sure it is the case.