Why are there no startups or good dev jobs there? Everyone gets paid under €70k and there are no industry giants here...

Why are there no startups or good dev jobs there? Everyone gets paid under €70k and there are no industry giants here. What happened? Why are all the big companies in the US, Israel, or China (mostly hardware)? Yuros aren't dumb or financially struggling. I don't get it.

Attached: eu.png (1200x800, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fuckoffgoogle.de/#wtf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Consumerism isn't as rampant there

So that means they're not good at business?

Europe has human rights, which is bad for companies

>Why are all the big companies in the US
Because in Europe, companies like google and Facebook would have been split up due to anti-monopolisation laws.

Turns out companies don't feel like getting taxed out the ass to pay for achmeds 17 children any more than normal people do

>Why are there no startups
not true, there are

>Everyone gets paid under €70k
what is cost of living, you have 100k+ dev jobs in switzerland too because of higher cost of living, which you dont have in rest of europe (not counting switzerland to europe, just saying)

op seems to be a burger talking from his lard ass

funny joke

You're still paying for Tyrone's and Jose's kids, though.

fuck startups and fuck money chasing
if you are a programmer and not trying to make useful tools for people that you own 100% then you are doing it wrong

Amazon paid 0(0) taxes last fiscal year in America.

That’s funny, last time I checked I worked at a startup making just under €100k. Must be a fever dream since OP says that’s impossible, the entire eu obviously has the exact same laws and taxes and regulations and cost of living.

Average in EU is like 48k though.

And the average salary in the US are nowhere near the salaries in Silicon Valley or silicon prairie. Anyway, the salary is irrelevant unless you compare it to the cost of living. If you live in Spain or Italy where the salary is that low, you’re also going to spend a fraction on housing and food too.

>Everyone gets paid under €70k
That really depends on location and seniority. Not uncommon for devs in Geneva to make over 200k. Really there are very good opportunities here. Stop listening to burgers, they make $150k and spent $100k on rent and health insurance. In general we may make a little less but we also have lower cost of living when comparing the tech cities of Europe to the tech cities of US.
>no industry giants here
They are here, they are chilling in Dublin.

The reason the EU does not have native "platform" or social media type companies is because the EU is a very fractured market. People speak different languages, have different cultures and live different lifestyles. Launching something like a social media website here is very difficult, you'll end up with groups of Germans, groups of French, who do not interact with each other and probably don't really want to anyway. The EU does have it's own successful tech companies though. They are basically app development companies, the layer below the "platform". There are also a lot of companies which manufacture industrial tech products.

It's not a linear function. In SV you can still have 5 roommates and pay maybe 2k, 98k left. In Germany you have 4 roommates, you pay 300, about 47.7k left. And that is before tax.

>In SV you can still have 5 roommates and pay maybe 2k, 98k left.
You clearly don’t know shit about the rents in SV. It has some of the most expensive housing on the planet, close to living on Manhattan. And you can basically forget buying anything. Meanwhile in Norway, you make a bunch of dosh and the government has all sorts of incentives to keep housing cheap and affordable and most people own their own homes rather than rent.

This. The EU is a regulatory inferno.

It's expensive because of the draconian zoning laws.

Partly all of the above, partly , partly education and work culture (hardly anyone wants or trains to start up their own business), but partly because it is so expensive here. Where I live, it's easy enough to be a sole trader and commercial taxes are lower than income taxes, but as soon as you employ a single employee, your bureaucracy and costs explode. This is not so much a problem for already established major companies that have their own dedicated departments and efficiency of scale, but it is a major headache for start-ups. A rough estimate of an employee's true cost to a company is double the employee's wage/salary.

Don't know shit about Norway desu senpai. But I had friends in SV, yes it's shit. But you can share some shithole with 3 other guys for 3 years, come back with 400k in the pocket.
In Germany you get 50k, 25% or something tax, then health insurance, 19% VAT.
Secretaries here have almost the same netto pay as a programmer.

no, we haven't been as brainwashed by jewry

>Geneva
>EU
The housing prices in Geneva are even more expensive than Silicon Valley.

And the only people who lost are Americans. Have fun living in a country run by a crony capitalist and a Lex Luthor lookalike.

The only people who lost are poor people who don't have retirement savings.

the white man faild..
jews and asian have higher IQ and they are more suitable for the 21 century tech

>regulations caused it
Lol no

Also,
>implying EU completion laws aren’t good for the consumer
Butthurt burgerclap

I am unironically the best programmer that I know IRL. Should I go to Tel Aviv?

How do you do a topological sort of a directed acyclic graph?

I said programmer, not mathematician. Get bent, nerd.

Imagine caring about the consumer. Only tech celebrities matter.

I don't know. And on the internet I get btfo all the time, I never see those people IRL though.

You sound like a webshitter. You're not cut out for the chosen land.

If you want to lower your monthly salary at 80% go for it..

most startups get bought by American giants once they prove their worth
skype, dice, mojang, a bunch other game devs I cant remember, I believe spotify, etc.
the only companies that are not bought usually have ties with governments or "national sentiments", like yandex
come up with a good idea, refine it, prove it a financial success and some american corpo will give you millions

>projecting
I’m a embedded developer and the hardest ting I do is flipping some bits lol. Programming is ideal for brainlets like me, as it requires no thought process at all.

Ah, so your an embedded dev? so you would probably have a good understanding of ARM assembly? How do you switch to thumb state?

Every necessity is cheaper in EU. Drugs, medical care, public transportation, housing and in some places food. Retirement plans are better, you get more days off and work less hours/week, minimum wage is set in stone so delivery men and waiters don't have to rely on (((tips))). Overall social help is great. Unemployed get a massive discount on things like public transport (85%)
It all cancels out. Your paycheck doesn't matter as long as you can live with it. You can live really well in my country if your monthly salary is at least 1500€.
Money isn't an issue in EU. EU being a fascist regime is the main problem.

>ARM
No, I only program firmware on Microsemi and Broadcom STMs.

>assembly
Meh, nobody programs assembly in 2019.

>Drugs, medical care
Most people in EU actually don't understand these things cost money in other places.
>EU being a fascist regime
Better than an imperial regime.

while taxation is

Yes the EU system is better. But as a young CS master that never gets sick, I want that sweet Google money. Does that make me an asshole?

>while taxation is
Where does this meme come from? literally we don't have income tax in my country. Taxation in EU high, but US companies dodge taxes there - burgerlogic.

>Drugs
Developed by American companies and only cheap because of extortion
>medical care, public transportation
Only because wages are so low
>housing
Not at all. Look at housing prices in London or Zurich.
>Retirement plans are better
I literally save 150k a year towards retirement. How's your measly tax funded social security program treating you?
> you get more days off and work less hours/week
I'll work 0 hours a week when I reach 30
>minimum wage is set in stone so delivery men and waiters don't have to rely on (((tips)))
And yet restaurant prices are still way cheaper in the U.S.
>Overall social help is great. Unemployed get a massive discount on things like public transport (85%)
So the hardworking people are paying for the bums
>Your paycheck doesn't matter as long as you can live with it
Your paycheck matters as long as you can't live without it.

You might as well just work in the US while your single. Make a fuck ton of money then move back to the EU when you decide to actually have a life.

>restaurants are cheaper in the US
Taco Bell and Wendy’s doesn’t count, you fat fuck.

Did this and don't recommend it at all, doesn't work out.

Burgers gloat about their low taxes then piss away their entire paycheck on mandatory (((insurance))) owning 3 cars to drive a mile to work and a million other mandatory expenses that don't exist in the EU.

did you have visa issues or did you fall for the American woman trap?

I've lived by myself for 5 years and have never owned a car.

This
They also make fun of 12% VAT but they gladly pay a semi-mandatory 18% “gratuity” charge. I once tried to tip zero at a restaurant in the US after the waiter was rude and the food didn’t come for 40 minutes, and the waiter literally chased me down the street and threatened to call the police for not paying tip.

Open borders and probably a lack of tariffs.
But that said, you should have an economy of scale competing with china. Clearly language and race is a bigger hurdle than the EU thought.

Nobody forces you to eat at a restaurant but a VAT tax is on pretty much anything. Restaurant prices in Europe are also twice as expensive relative to average wage.

Tyrone and Jose at least speak (some) english and are able to work for them without blowing them up.

Why not?

And all it cost them was their independence from the CIA.

You are the exception then. In a majority of the US, you can’t get anywhere without a car. I lived for 6 months in Austin, TX working at a start up there and it was impossible to get anywhere by walking. Had the same experience in Eugene, Oregon. I tried walking two-three blocks to go to the convenience store, and the police literally flagged me down and asked what was wrong and why I was walking.

Poverty and debt in America is completely insane compared to the EU. Something like 60% of Americans don't have 1000 dollars saved. As well as a huge number with thousands in student loan debt that will follow them to the grave.

>I tried walking two-three blocks to go to the convenience store, and the police literally flagged me down and asked what was wrong and why I was walking.
Nice larp. I bet everyone also clapped when you got shot as soon as you stepped outside right?

Based.
You just rekt the Amerifat OP.
Most Europeans aren't doing dumb rat-racing like you OP.
Of course we do have lower wages, but we have something called 'health care', which is pretty comfy desu.
Life is good in Spain.

I’m Norwegian and no they aren’t. I eat out three days a week and I spend less than 10% of my salary on food from the grocery store and restaurants. Alcohol is taxed massively here, but I don’t drink that every day. About 15% of my salary goes to my mortgage. Another 10-15% goes to electricity, utilities, internet, bus card, mobile etc. for bills and everything else. That leaves me with around 60-65% of my salary after expenses and food (including eating out).

"them"
The company as an abstract entity, the employees and shareholders were spied on anyway.

It’s not larping. Unless you are a hobo, or black, the police will actually stop and ask if everything is okay. They don’t even have proper pavements most places. The only cities I’ve been to where walking is acceptable is New York and downtown San Francisco.

>only cheap because of extortion
No, it's cheap because you can get away with charging more to Americans.
>because wages are so low
No, it's because more money goes into that rather than a CEO's pocket.
>restaurant prices are still way cheaper in the U.S.
Unless you want spit in your food for not tipping it won't be cheaper.
>hardworking people are paying for the bums
That's how it works everywhere outside of China.

Median wage between the US and EU is actually pretty similar.

Regulations I guess? Much harder to get funding and more expensive to run a business. That seems to be the standard answer at least.

Attached: 1555858535597.jpg (1214x684, 122K)

fuckoffgoogle.de/#wtf

tl;dr Couple hundred Berlin hipsters invaded buildings and threatened violence to stop Google from investing in their neighborhood because muh gentrification and companies providing jobs are obviously evil.

They were successful. Literally mob rule.

Attached: Capture.png (1787x831, 724K)

I spend 2% of my post tax income on food and 12% on rent, and maybe 6% on everything else. So I have 80% left over of an already much higher income. I could pay your mortgage for you and still be ahead in savings.

@71136954
Yeah no you don’t. Get rekt.

stay single

>No, it's cheap because you can get away with charging more to Americans.
No. European governments have no concept of recognizing American intellectual property, and threaten to let companies get away with reverse engineering American developed drugs if they aren't provided at a "reasonable" price to its citizens. What you end up with is Europeans leeching off American drug developement.

ok

Attached: 1557078271.png (2135x674, 61K)

berlin truly is a cestpool, they do the same when the city wants to build new apartments to create more living space and lower rent, and at the same time protest about rent prices

>doubling down on larping
>pretends a 158k salary after taxes
Is by any measure average for burger claps

you make 5 times median income, nice

This thread is about software developers, not burger flippers.

>sour grapes

>No
Yes. That's how adjustable prices work. If I can get away with charging more in a certain country, I will charge more there. It's literally how Amazon and Steam work.
>European governments have no concept of recognizing American intellectual property, and threaten to let companies get away with reverse engineering American developed drugs
Intellectual property is a fucking scam and has no right to exist. And EU invented IP laws, making them villains for that reason and not "muh imaginary theft of US public information".

So nobody should do drug research? Why the fuck would anyone spend billions into developing a drug if IP laws don't exist and as soon as its released someone will just rip it off?

This. You need to make products from other companies outside your state less competitive than your state's companies.
EU does the exact opposite.

The truly patrician method is to let the government fund research then patent the results.

>25% or something tax
user, I ... I don't think you are up to date. Pic related.

Attached: taxes.png (867x1121, 98K)

Americans get paid in monopoly, not real money. Basically the Fed floods the markets with free shekels which then get invested by banks and big funds in those meme start-ups. I say meme because they don't really produce technology, they're more like advertising and internet monitoring companies who data mine the goyim and sell their souls' worth to advertisers.

So you get lots of free funds sloshing around in the economy which get invested in stocks artificially inflating the market valuation of those companies and basically funding their Jewish datamining ass.

So it's just another Jewish scheme, what else.

If I get paid in monopoly money, why can I exchange it for the "real" money used in Europe?

Because the Jews have made sure the rest of the world needs dollars for international trade. So it's like a well-known dirty secret.

On average an American family pays 10k annually on health care So factor that in.

>Restaurant prices in Europe are also twice as expensive relative to average wage.
€3.5 for a Döner Kebap, €5 for a cheese pizza (1 ft diameter). How much do these things cost in the USA?

Where do you live?
Sounds pretty cheap to me.

basically, lack of funding.
private investment is very limited.
banks only give loans but when you're a startup, no chance.
money is really risk adverse in France for instance.
Large companies are follower and spin offs are scarce.
B2C is highly over represented.
Finally, the best developpers go to the countries you mentionned since wages are better.
It's a vicious circle.
t. worked at a startup incubator, creating a startup at the moment.

Berlin, Frankfurt whatever.
Not him btw. but you get good, filling meals here for a good price.
The high prices are when you want an undercooked burger because you fell for a meme.

Is that at a restaurant where you sit down and a waiter takes your order?

> "Instead of a nice friendly “campus” we see a Google farm for harvesting Kreuzberg’s brains and talents ..."
> "... Kreuzberg’s brains and talents ..."
hahahaha

And how much do you spend on health insurance?

Berlin is the only place in Europe that might be worse than Frankfurt. Just nuke it.

the EU is shit but it doesn't believe in making its people obese, destroying nature too much or show drug commercials on tv. So there's that.

$0.

>or show drug commercials on tv
When I was in the uS it was surreal. We have ads for Aspirin but in the US it's psychopharmaca that I have never heard of.

LondonFag here.
The rat race became pretty strong in the UK the last few years.

That's what happen when a country become super liberal.

God, I wish I coud live in Spain.

London is a shithole and my quality of life sucks,
rent are so high and everything is so expensive.

Attached: 9f1256157cf57fd08cb5fef8766b928d.png (1152x900, 1.11M)

This. And it is not unrelated. Europe just had enough of a history with big monopoly companies in the hands of the few wealthiest to not like them.

There are a lot of obstacles in the way of becoming a society draining monopoly/duopoly company.

i think funding is catching up fast, every bigger company has some kind of startup branch with investing rounds or incubator stuff, and there is a lot of government funding from countries and europe itself like EXIST

It's times like those where you throw a brick at the waitresses head.