How bad is front-end development?

How bad is front-end development?

Attached: Guk.png (480x360, 195K)

Other urls found in this thread:

danbooru.donmai.us/posts?tags=game yotsubato
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

you shouldn't bother with it

Like a cancer

its good but avoid the transition to back-end at all costs.

most """back-end"" these days is legacy garbage trying to interface one elegant system with another elegant system, in the most inelegant means possible. its a shitshow from my experience.

you forgot to add that it's still better than front-end

>How bad is front-end development?

Fine if you know HTML/CSS and build mostly static sites for small/medium companies.

If you are building more "interactive" Web2.0 sites, then it is a javascript shit show. For example, I had to look into PWA technology lately and... it has zero technological methods to it, it only gives you a javascript cache to write into. Everything else, you have to manage by hand, in javascript, making all links on the website be an ajax call in a service worker that write to cache, and handle cache reading in case there is no network connection. You are at the point that you have to implement CLICKING A LINK in javascript.

cose everobody can see frontend and how it shity

it is fine when you use vanilla js and modern html and css and treat http like it was originally designed

OOOOR use websockets and javascript for evereting

100% this but I still enjoy it a lot more than front end but that might genuinely be because I have a masochism fetish idk.

You ever tried to write an interface between hubspot (dumb marketing platform that sucks up a user's data through scary cookies) and visual foxpro (the latest and final version was released in 2007). I actually came up with a fairly elegant set of interfaces and I don't think I'd have been able to do it if I hadn't been wearing my programming socks.

Is Elm good replacement for JavaScript or is it just a meme?

Literally ANYTHING would be a good replacement for JS desu

Attached: 21687690_1946342378939583_1121202545014484385_n.png (466x700, 393K)

new day new framework
new month new major version of a framework you currently use

if you want to spare your hair do backgend

Ayy, I remember this game

I think I still have this games somewhere.

danbooru.donmai.us/posts?tags=game yotsubato
Because finding it is too hard.

the closer you are to being solely responsible for the HTML and CSS, the comfier it is.

the more you have to work with ever-changing javascript libraries, which is what always ends up happening, the more you'll hate life.

I have a front-end interview in a couple days and I haven't done web dev in a long time.
Any recommendations on the best way to cram?

>that pic
front end is a waste of time, go for the back end

Front end devs are poorly paid monkeys compared to backend/fullstack SDEs or DevOps.

t. Amazon

Frontend is literal fucking cancer.
Enjoy brittle build setups and fucking transpiling javascript.

Front end fags are the niggers of development

I program VueJS + Vuex + Vuetutify
last I did Angular + Angular Material + redux
next year maybe React
every year new framework
also they expect I am expert at everything
It's a shitshow
I love it though

I have been using it for about 2 years now, and I've pushed it enough that we're using it at work as well. It has been slowly getting better and better, Evan is autistic but he knows how to make comfy APIs. Also 0.19.1 is getting released soon so we'll get even more perf gains.