What OS is most secure?

I recently came across a thread about intel ME and backdoor CPU (image attached). Then I found out this also, youtu.be/Lr-9aCMUXzI
So I know if hardware is comprised, nothing can be done to secure it. But if that were not the case, then what operating system would you recommend I installed, that would be most secure? I am thinking Gentoo or OpenBSD, but I am not sure if they're best or there are better options out there?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-22-11-28-00-78.png (1080x2160, 1.62M)

Other urls found in this thread:

menuetos.net/
media.ccc.de/v/34c3-8762-inside_intel_management_engine
media.ccc.de/v/34c3-8782-intel_me_myths_and_reality
gnu.org/distros/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

qubes os with whatever linux distro you want
security through isolation is the way to go

Define secure.

Also secure from what.

unironically templeos

glowniggers

Jup, I guess Qubes OS and using the normal Fedora Templates. It's a bit hard to get used to the normal workflow, but it usually works. But everyone who now wants to try it - it's not what people call "stable". There are bugs, and if you don't want to deal with them, Qubes is not your OS. It's not that bad tho, but some ppl can't fix stuff by themselves, so you're warned OP.

Like from the feds and govt agencies. FBI and shit like that.

They can't and they don't know.

Do what you want with illiterates, they do the same with you.

Alright thanks! What about Arch or openBSD though? I heard openBSD is more focused on security than freeBSD, and you compile your the kernel and packages for Arch (and gentoo) thus making them more secure, cause you can select what packages to compile and install.

Can't be done.

Closest you got to being "Secure" from anything is menuetos.net/ .
And even then you have to avoid connecting to the internet or any network for that matter.

Attached: mrw-i-try-to-understand-the-metal-gear-solid-wiki-179108.gif (448x270, 3M)

Read the image you posted.
The hardware itself it compromised.
There's nothing you can do about it unless you're willing to make sacrifices and ditch your current hardware.
Look into RISC-V and just get an older CPU.
Your OS choice wont matter.
However, if you're super paranoid, you can get a distro that automatically wipes itself when you turn your computer off. You can install these on USBs.

>avoid connecting to the internet or any network for that matter.
this is the real answer

If the hardware was compromised, wouldnt someone notice? I mean I'm pretty sure theres 3rd parties that study Intel cpus for vulnerabilities.

There are only 3 companies/corporations (at least only 3 that I know of) that can detect this and stop working/execution if this chip is detect. Rest nothing else.

>Not using EM waves generated by writing to RAM at specific frequencies to transmit analog signal

Damn, I'm sure that OPs pic is a larp, but it does seem possible. Looks like I have to buy a 20 year old PC to escape the botnet

this thread was cancer, and the op was a compulsive lying faggot. wikileaks' weeping angel was released to the public several days before this gigantic shitpost of compulsive lying. speaking of compulsive lying, this video:
> it cannot be turned off, removed or disabled.
yes, this youtuber is clearly a genius that knows what he's talking about. it can be disabled completely. motherboard manufacturers pushed out updates to all their customers to add an option in the UEFI to disable access to it by any means. for us playing at home, you can only access the IME unless it has been enabled in UEFI and you can only access it using a USB JTAG cable. enterprise/commercial users have IME enabled so large amounts of computers can be monitored over a network. this useless fucking retard that made this video has decided not to mention a single thing about the aforementioned. how convenient.

>I'm sure that OPs pic is a larp
100% larping fucking faggot. gotta love them retards that have some 'special' information based on the voices in their own minds along with the last few days of constant media releases (back when this thread existed), when wikileaks exposed weeping angel to the public.

>Jow Forumsnigger
Go back.

Totally Based. The src of templeOS is very ofuscated and practically uncommented, very hard piece of software to be audited. Terry was a truly genious, he write an insane amount of code, and without leave traces (comments, reference) he manage to get a working os.

Sure

media.ccc.de/v/34c3-8762-inside_intel_management_engine
media.ccc.de/v/34c3-8782-intel_me_myths_and_reality

Check the date, by the way: 2017-12-27. One of the first times the world was being teached that Intel tricked their customers and even scrots from that Minix system we're being emulated/released.

Remember the massive news about this? Me neither.

>Originally, Meltdown and Spectre had a coordinated disclosure date of January 9, 2018.
Oops! An issue that must be broadcast on prime time television to teach the masses what's really going on with Intel CPUs!

"coincidence"

Attached: 1550926576687.jpg (1250x521, 78K)

>massive news
I meant massive news articles and omnipresence in the media by that phrase

A coincidental silence.

>OS

MINIX runs on your Intel CPU in Ring -3, doesn't matter what OS you run on top.

The entire x86 ISA is compromised, buy a RISC-V machine like a Talos 2. The only x86 boxes that aren't vulnerable are government machines with Intel ME turned off with an HA bit in the UEFI direct from manufacturer, and those are unattainable by normal citizens and are usually destroyed when the government are done with them.

>If the hardware was compromised, wouldnt someone notice? I mean I'm pretty sure theres 3rd parties that study Intel cpus for vulnerabilities.
>There are only 3 companies/corporations (at least only 3 that I know of) that can detect this and stop working/execution if this chip is detect. Rest nothing else.

Look up CHIPSEC

Firmware validation is possible if you're willing to get your hands dirty with Linuxboot/Coreboot code and an SPI flasher

>>Closest you got to being "Secure" from anything is menuetos.net/ .
>that fucking license
Yeah, no. Buy a librebootable ARM64 laptop, pick a distro from here: gnu.org/distros/ , and don't connect to any networks.

Temple Os

>Jow Forums larpers
yikeys

cringe`

What about amd cpus ? and also lmao i own a q6600 so fuck yeah

>remove wireless card
>filter packets through a second PC with an ARM proc
YOU'LL NEVER CATCH ME

Attached: i0cac4tmdqa01.jpg (788x554, 35K)

>screencap of a screencap
Cannot be done, they can always shove welder up your ass.

>welder
huh ?