Your distro(s)

>your distro(s)
>say something nice about it

Attached: kisspng-tux-linux-ubuntu-logo-computer-icons-tux-linux-5b4d56abbf9061.0794679115317951157847.jpg (900x1080, 114K)

Other urls found in this thread:

framagit.org/marlin1113/guix-nonfree
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Xubuntu
>It's almost not shitty

>Manjaro
>it just werks(tm)

>I use arch btw
>it just werks

>Gentoo
>compile something each night so fans help with my tinnitus

> Microsoft Windows/NT v. 6.3
> God tier stable

>Fedora
>doesn't bother me in a single way and often i forget about it actually existing when concentrated on work

Attached: tuxswast.gif (258x303, 3K)

Attached: IMG_20190527_061026_003.jpg (1267x1188, 149K)

arch
just werks

>Fedora
It's alright, I guess. Better than wangblows 10

> arch
> you can put all drives in fstab through the installation process so you don't have to mess around with permissions afterwards.

Debian
It respects trans rights.

Based 8.1 poster

>Solus
It stopped me from distrohopping

Xubuntu
Just werks

Attached: 1541750544446.gif (737x720, 728K)

>Debian Buster
>It's simple and lightweight
love it

>FourthReich OS
>still under development, growing fast, welcoming community

>ReactOS
>can play solitaire flawlessly

>Silverblue
Best distro Fedora + immutable and atomic system thanks to rpm-ostree + containers where I can put all my dev tools without bloating my system + flatpaks to install desktop software separately from the system.

>Antergos
>He was a good distro while he lasted. Rest in peace buddy :'(

It's a really exciting distro.

Pros:
+++ Bleeding edge KDE stack and and exciting new features

Cons:
--- Bleeding edge KDE stack and and exciting new bugs (sometimes)

Attached: kde-neon-e1454448724263.jpg (700x311, 13K)

How come my computer didn't boot to the os after not using it for a couple months with Arch installed? Arch is a bunch of bullshit

kek

>Debian
>It's not ancient, it's stable

>Gentoo
>Literally allows me to do whatever the fuck that I want to do.
>Want to replace OpenSSL with LibreSSL? Fine. Want to replace glibc with musl or uclibc-ng? Sure thing! Want to Install SELinux or apparmor? Go ahead! Want to debloat your packages by customizing your compiler flags? Do it! Want to enable LTO and -O3 optimizations for every single fucking package in your system? Fuck it why not.
>Good luck doing that with any other distro.

>Want to melt your CPU while compilig firefox? Be my guest!

Gentoo offers binary distribution of heavy packages.
If you still want to compile a heavy package without stressing out your CPU, you can customize its package.env to make it use a specific amount of cores.

I use Arch btw
Arch (which I use btw) is a really nice distro and the AUR (which is exclusive to Arch (btw I use Arch)) is really nice to have

>arcolinuxd

ive been searching along while for a simple terminal installation like this.

I used to use Antergos base installation, but antergos just sucked big pp at installing and was generally annoying. Also RIP as of recently.

I tried ArchLabs, but something with its config fucks up KDE Plasma - - even when installed after base installation - - that breaks all the icons.

I tried Manjaro, along while back, but getting a base/terminal install was a hassle and involved making my own iso.

I used Void Linux for awhile, and quite like it, but docker doesnt run on the distro due to systemd dependency and I quite like Arch's AUR.

Arcolinuxd >>>

Just "pacman -S xorg xterm plasma-desktop sddm" for a simple and clean minimal desktop. Perfect.

slackware
it works

>arch
the aur is pretty cool

Attached: 1550898229186.png (200x193, 32K)

dependency hell

never experienced in the past 2 years

>Just "pacman -S xorg xterm plasma-desktop sddm" for a simple and clean minimal desktop. Perfect.
*sudo pacman -S xorg xterm wmaker xdm

>void
>Taught me more than any other distro

>red star os 4.0
>abolish private property
>serves our only and great leader
>it just werks

Attached: god.jpg (330x447, 21K)

>debian
>can update without fearing that my system self-destroys because muh stability (even sid)

Microshaft™ Wangblows® 10

It supports VR.

I mean, other distros can do that too but with gentoo it becomes easy.
I just love playing around with gentoo. I never got why there is so much hate towards it though?

OpenSuSE
I have gone almost two months without my btrfs array having a catastrophic data loss.

>Guix
>literally heaven's GNU distro

Debian.
I can update it once a year, all other time it does what I need. Requires little maintenance.

>can update withou fearing that m system self-destroys
Silverblue also has this feature but with packages that are from this decade

openSUSE
Well. Sorta reliable. Retard prove. Just werks. Kde doesn't krash. Xfeces, on the other hand are absolutely disgusting here

Gentoo
I installed it

>Debian
More packages as well as third-party repos means I don't have to go through so many hoops to install something.

Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC
It simply works

>saying anything good about modern GNU/Linux
GNU/Linux shit the bed years ago and never could fix itself. It's more than just shit like systemd, it the entire fucking thing from top to bottom is a goddamn shitshow now, which is pathetic given that it collectively used to be really goddamn good. Kernel went to shit, no one ever really solved audio issues (PA was a good idea, just piss poor execution, and ALSA/OSS was always fucking buggy, incomplete, nonfunctional garbage since it didn't really have the ability to do anything beyone very basic audio), desktops never really solved any good issues (we basically have a "choice" between non-functional WMs and screwy, design-over-stability bloated shit desktops, even the "lighter" ones), no one ever really made the effort to make it have more of a mass appeal thus making interest wane (Valve should have but they instead wanted some fucking GNU/Linux-based console toy instead of just directly supporting GNU/Linux and then never following through on shit, giving us the "consolation prize" of LOL YOU'RE A WINDOWS EMULATOR NOW), etc.

GNU/Linux is fucking dead and no one is less happy about that than me because I have used that shit for over 20 years now and tried to push for its adoption and support and praised the fuck out of it (rightfully, for a long while, but then for the last few years in huge denial about its massive fucking issues). I can't do it any more. GNU/Linux is dead and it's better to just use Windows, as much as that hurts to say. *BSD? LOL, god, no, that thing's been a clusterfuck since it started; it's okay for limited use, dedicated servers but a clusterfuck on desktop. Mac? Oh fuck no, fuck that ass-backwards pile of goddamn shit.

Is this pasta?

I just got a Windows 10 computer. Is it worth dual booting GNU/Linux?

>Windows 10 Pro botnet
Somehow it hasn't shit the bed and forced me to go to Vista (which was absolutely rock solid) like it did a few years ago on my AMD FX system.

Attached: winver.png (460x406, 15K)

>gentoo
>sadly it's the only source-based distro besides funtoo that actually works now. the rest are pretty dead

Ubuntu and Debian. It works fine most of the time.
Especially the Debian server.

No, it is my actual white-hot rage for the death of GNU/Linux. You have my permission to make it pasta though.

Arch on my Pi has a lot of fresh packages out of the box, but I'm not sure if it counts.

>what is guix?

What license?

>Debian
Dont need constant updstes

3-clause BSD license

What now?

It's ancient AND stable.
Like the pyramids.
Where they found the source code for Buster.

Gentoo isn't made to be fully compatible with libreSSL yet. You can't even emerge wget with a libreSSL system. Void is the only linux distro made to be compatible with libreSSL rn. I guess if you're enabling -O3 system wide though shit working doesn't matter to you.

Bill G. has just deposited 2 rupees in your account.

I hope so, it's extremely outdated in every point it makes.

>arch
>the latest and greatest free software

oh right. I'm not trying to be rude but it was incredibly buggy and just wasn't usable for me and all of my hardware does work with only free software. that's great if it works fine for you

>Ubuntu
It's a very common cookie-cutter distro.
Installed it a just month ago to check out the new stuff and I'm liking it so far. Its a good "just werks" distro.
I like how they managed to turn the absolute cancerware that is current GNOME into a comfy decent DE by just adding a few small basic features.
And I like that they've been recently giving more importance to UX and looks.

Void Linux
It's simple and fun

framagit.org/marlin1113/guix-nonfree

my computer works fine with only free software. my problem was that the applications were buggy and kept crashing. I'm sure I could solve the issue myself if I really wanted but I was only testing it out because I just can't live with a fsf distro

basically this, the only reason I'm not running debian is because the packages are ancient as fuck and I'm not running a server

zstd means reinstalling is super fast on 19, apparently there are still some talented fags over at facebook

Sabayon KDE.
Gentoo for retards/filepicker icons

>Fedora Silverblue
Modern, yet stable. More secure than most other distros thanks to security compiler flags and SELinux. Great standardization and interoperability, as you would expect from what serves as the base for RHEL. Immutable system images make it unbreakable.

>Slackware
>Everything works and the system architecture is simple and reliable

Fuck i'm illiterate, sorry. If you didn't try 1.0, you might like it. I'm enjoying it a lot, and i have nix for stuff that hasn't been ported over

>Fedora KDE

>Fresh software with all new toys
>Not broken as arch

Until you need custom kernel or something that's not in the repos. Fuck.

>Ubuntu MATE
>At least it's not GNOME 3

I'm using a fully LibreSSL'd system with wget, what are you talking about?

Pop_os
GPU drivers work on my laptop with 0 configuration

>void linux
>no bs and it just werks

It guess you have two have at least two brain cells to build packages. Talk care of that one

>Windows 10 Professional v1903
>Just works

fast
small
nice package manager

centos
yum has memorable english commands as opposed to arch's -Syu bullshit

>Debian Buster
can have peace of mind knowing it won't break with updates
it's the most important entirely community run distro out there

continue using it, nothing gonna happen

or just go full arch mode. i installed arch yesterday and the installation went very well and it took like 40min max

i felt like a brainlet for using antergos rather than arch

I like Ubuntu too, Gnome is absolute cancer tho
I installed Cinnamon and it's perfect

Manjaro
Just werkz

windows 10 1903 build final
works on my machine

Debian:
Predictable and dependable.
Respects my GNU philosophy.

>molina linux
>"Linux for somebody"

arch linux
its been 7 months since it last broke (and the solution was as easy as rerunning grub-mkconfig)

Attached: 1535624873123.png (289x289, 41K)

> devuan
> I like its lack of systemd

>Gentoo
>I love USE flags but keeping the system up-to-date has become exhausting since I'm not too often home and can't manage to get it updating succesfully without hands

Attached: 1556147362682.jpg (123x125, 2K)

Arch, manjaro, debian. I exclusively use these distros

>Kubuntu

Ubuntu but seems comfier to me.

>Void
>It's cute

Attached: 1558904416984.jpg (1704x2048, 353K)

No, you are not supposed to give a real reason you nerd! Watch:
>arch
>it makes dumbuntufags seeth in my threadwatcher