Iridium Browser, what does Jow Forums think about it?

Iridium Browser, what does Jow Forums think about it?

Attached: 1546972448530.png (1600x838, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

spyware.neocities.org/articles/waterfox.html
github.com/muslayev/icecat-win64
github.com/Eloston/ungoogled-chromium/tree/master/patches/core
spyware.neocities.org/articles/browsers.html
spyware.neocities.org/guides/iridium.html
github.com/iridium-browser/tracker/wiki/Differences-between-Iridium-and-Chromium
threatpost.com/eu-offers-bug-bounties-for-14-open-source-projects/140473/
iridiumbrowser.de/downloads/windows
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sounds like it's a botnet.

Has less patches than ungoogled-chromium. However, it's a decent option if you're using an OS for which ungoogled-chromium doesn't compile.

>chromium
into the trash

Brehs, which is the best browser nowadays?

Icecat if you use Linux, Waterfox + the privacy config from that neocities site if you use Windows or macOS.

I can't get the fucking "ninja" build system to work I am so pissed off. I do everything fine, get to ghooks etc and it tells me there's no ninja.build file to be found.
Fuck off Google.

pretty solid

chromium rebranded

Waterfox since Firefox used to be #1. However I can't get waterfox to work 100% on my Ubuntu laptop so I'm using firefox for now unfortunately.

What does ungoogled chromium have that it doesn't?

A future pain in the ass if you want to install/update extensions

So ungoogled chromium is autismware that makes the browser less usable for autism cred?

If it needs to communicate with Google, it's axed, even if it means breaking extensions

>waterfox
spyware.neocities.org/articles/waterfox.html
Install GNU IceCat, there's builds for Windows too. github.com/muslayev/icecat-win64

Works good on my OpenBSD. It also is unveil-ified.

i prefer iridium

github.com/Eloston/ungoogled-chromium/tree/master/patches/core
Iridium only uses the patches that are inside the "iridium" folder.

Attached: 1537869909107.jpg (850x1200, 88K)

Iridium's fine, but Waterfox is absolute botnet.

It's actually in the top-tier of privacy respecting browsers (far better than that garbage, ie Brave). Iridium is basically everything Brave claims to be, but actually is.

spyware.neocities.org/articles/browsers.html

All you need to do is disable google safe browsing and you're good to go.

spyware.neocities.org/guides/iridium.html

You can read more here:

github.com/iridium-browser/tracker/wiki/Differences-between-Iridium-and-Chromium

oh, great. A new version is out

Attached: Untitled.png (392x220, 6K)

Very good blink browser, just like ungoogled chromium

it's a part of eu bug bounty program along with some other stuff i use like keepass so it will become safer than it is right now (i'd say it's pretty safe as is either way). in tandem with icecat on linux it's god tier. sadly there are no official builds for windows so i have to install firefox instead of icecat.

Icecat. The only good chromium based browser is ungoogled chromium.

oh nvm i'm lying about that bug bounty stuff
threatpost.com/eu-offers-bug-bounties-for-14-open-source-projects/140473/

Reminder that Uriel was right.

Makefiles > CMake, Automake, Meson, Ninja,

This. The fucking linux kernel uses makefiles. Why the fuck do google engineerlets think they know better?

You're slightly retarded. Cmake, autotools and meson GENERATE build files. Make is a system that actually executes the build, using those generated files (or handwritten ones). Ninja is not a generator like the above, it's a builder like make, a replacement for make, and uses files generated by e.g. meson to execute the build.

That doesn't mean that it's good, only that it's an entirely different thing compared to cmake etc. You can say make > ninja, and you can separately say make > cmake and autotools and meson, but the two statements are completely independent and have nothing to do with each other.

>It's a chromium
Ok, it's a confirmed botnet.

Moron, chromium is not botnet, audit the code and run wireshark on it if you want.
t. building chromium right now without google services

In order to iterate fast, they need a build tool that is as fast as possible. Make fails there. Ninja doesn't.
Eventually, you'll also have real world projects where you realize that the most elegant solution isn't usually the best - no wait, what am I talking about. You're here. No, you won't.

I literally work for another big company and we don't use ninja like a bunch of neanderthalls.

Isn't it dead? Did it actually update again?

>Did it actually update again?
yes, it did

iridiumbrowser.de/downloads/windows

Can't wait

Attached: scrot.png (1112x37, 9K)

>we don't use ninja, like a bunch of neanderthalls

Man, at least you're self conscious about it.

Yea I get what you mean, it's the most botnet sounding name for a browser that's very legitimate surprisingly