youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>List your uses e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors include purpose & graphics pairing
>NO Speccy or "bottleneck checkers"

CPUs
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming
>R3 2200G - Light 30-60fps gaming(dGPU optional). 2400G if you want a CPU which can last into a GPU upgrade
>R5 2600/X - Good 60fps+ gaming & multithreaded use
>R7 2700/X - If on sale for HEDT usage
>R7 3800/X - Best for gaming, launching 7/7
>R9 3900X - Budget HEDT, launching 7/7
>Threadripper - HEDT

>Intel CPUs are now defunct. Even used i7 workstations are no longer worthwhile due to vulnerabilities and performance regression
>You may want to wait to buy an X570 board even for a sale price 2600/X, for future upgrades. B550 boards will likely launch in August

RAM
>NEVER use only a single stick
>8GB - very light use, and/or if you don't mind closing programs regularly
>16GB - standard amount. If you have to ask if you need more, you don't
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2800MHz+ is ideal. Check "more" for true latency formula

Graphics cards
1080p
>RX 570/580 - value.
>1660 - Slightly better perf for more demanding games on high/maxed 60fps+
> 1660Ti / Vega56 - higher framerates
1440p (WQHD)
>used 1070Ti / Vega - 60-120fps+ in most games on high/maxed
>Above Vega offers progressively poorer and poorer value. Wait for the RX 5000 series
2160p (4k)
>Wait for RX 5000 series

Other
>Consider a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & HDD
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard
>PLAN BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

rentry.co/pcbg-more

Prev

Attached: buying intel in 2019 xd.jpg (960x720, 136K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/vJKvBb
youtube.com/watch?v=yDA0zBR6MgA
gigabyte.com/Motherboard/X570-I-AORUS-PRO-WIFI-rev-10#sp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

AHHHHHHHHHH

ITS FINALLY HERE

3800x @ 4,5ghz all core with zen2 +15% IPC uplift
=
2700x (4,2ghz) @ 5,175ghz

aka +23% performance boost

think about that

Welp got an Intel CPU i5 and should get a new, but I'm guessing it's best to wait for the new shit even though I'm not going to buy it. Just so that other CPU lowers in price.

So now that navi is a flop what do I buy?

Should I buy DDR4 ram now before the prices will be hiked up again with the Zen 2 coming up?

Planning to build a new PC during October.

kys

What if it's DOA? How will you test it?
Dumb idea.

what about 3700/X?

Better to buy everything at once so you can test it's working and rma broken parts.

only good with 4000+Mhz ram

low tdp chip for entry level HEDT stuff. Won't be any good for gaymen without manual OC.

i planned to buy a rtx 2600 near august, is there any chance amd will provide something better or equal for less?

cope more incel

99% of a 9900k performance for 2/3rds the price

Navi is mostly unknown at this point. There's no word on pricing or any performance numbers for small navi.

When do 2600X/2700 and RX580/590 prices drop? I need to buy my comfy and cheap 1080@60 PC right now and I can't wait until july.

Attached: 1540326263138.jpg (663x663, 34K)

Highly unlikely but they should announce their new stuff before that so who knows.

checked

just buy it now faggot, i doubt the price drop is so drastic that you need to wait a month for it

>but I'm guessing it's best to wait for the new shit even though I'm not going to buy it
AMD is always aggressive with sales. I'd almost never buy them at launch prices unless it's like another 7970.

Though... I guess Zen2 does look to be like the 7970 of CPUs. A 3800X or 3900X will probably last 8+ years and still go strong in the way that the 2600k and 780 did not.
But still, I'll probably wait. I'm sure the 3800X will be under $300 within a year.

If you just have a 4 core i5, just a 2600/X would be a big upgrade and yeah they'll probably drop to like $120-$140 when the new stuff comes.
No the 3600 is going to be better but cost more. But it'll probably bring cheaper sales on the 2600/X.

navi

No real point in it, is there?
The 2600X does a good job of getting a smooth 60fps in virtually everything. Why would you want higher framerates, but not the highest or close to the highest possible?
3700X might be nice for home servers and dedicated encoding/production machines, but that's niche. The 3600X is likely going to be better in gaming than the 3700X due to the higher TDP limit across less cores allowing for a higher all-core boost and higher sustained boosts.

Hey Jow Forumsents, thoughts on this build pcpartpicker.com/list/vJKvBb ?

Still figuring it out, aiming at 1500€

>3600X
>Destroys the 9700K
>same gaming performance as 3800X
>4.4 all core boost @ 95W
>$249 RRP

I know what I'll be buying.

just do it now, unless you're such a Scrooge you want to wait 1½ months to save 70 bucks

Attached: bouw 4.png (1260x624, 52K)

any ideas on when threadripper might be announced or launched? I'm waiting for it to make my next workstation and I was hoping it was going to be today

>2160p (4k)
>Wait for RX 5000 series

Lmao their top card is 2070 performance how is that good for 4k

>pcpartpicker.com/list/vJKvBb
>intel CPU
>9700k
People are going to laugh at this.
>The Gigabyte GPU with over 50% 1 star reviews
Starting to think this is just bait, though the rest of the build is okay besides those two things.

I think $250 is a bit expensive considering there are actually even games using 12-16 threads. And if they use 12, you still want more for background shit instead of just 12. 6c/12t is legitimately budget space now. Which is fine if you just don't play those games which use more cores, but still.

Just now looking into the windforce reviews, I'll look into an alternative that doesn't blow the budget.

Is the 9700k a bad meme? I've had a bad history of AMD CPUs, was thinking on going Intel this time around, but I'm open to the idea.

Thanks for the feedback, haven't done a build in a while and mostly just advised friends and family

Which ram does 3600x use? Do you know?

>I've had a bad history of AMD CPUs
How? Unless you bought Bulldozer which people probably warned you not to unless it was some super cheap build.

DDR4.

Jee a card ending in 700 must be their top end card, huh. There's no way there is a 5800 or 5900. Nooo that's unfathomable to someone trying to shill people on a $1200 card that only performs 75% better than a $300 card.

I just need a simple computer for productivity, you niggers better not think I'm paying top dollar for your 2 xx series amd bc they raised the price (and perf) in the 3 xx.

It's been a while, just got a sour taste since I had to get it replaced twice and had a lot of overheating. I've been mostly on laptops for the last ~8 years, just now looking at building a decent rig

That reminds me when you were saying the compared the 3600 vs the 9900k at ces. Turns out it was the 3700x.
There won't be higher perfomance cards than 2070 as they already said navi replaces polaris. Too bad you are always wrong.

>Wait for RX 5000 series
You really are one pathetic little shill, idiot.

buy a used computer then

Hey fa/g/s, really wanted to throw this 3770 I got off of a job into my rig to replace my 8350, didn't have any paste and didn't wanna wait till the next day so I though of mayo pasting it.
Looked up some tips online and found that the copper can corrode so I decided to make my own less acidic mayonnaise with just oil and egg yolk.
Tossed it on and temps are good, 70 degrees C after an hour of prime 95 with a low end AIO cooler. Pretty happy with the temps and will see in a week or so how corroded it is and hopefully have some real paste to swap it with.

Attached: mayopaste.jpg (1920x1080, 719K)

Haha based

imagine the smell

Well I was going to buy a cpu and mobo combo, I have everything else. I'd have gotten a 9400f but the perf drop was the last straw.

I can already see fps addicted gaymers trying up sell their shitty 1600 or something because they want to afford the 3800x

That shit's worth like $50 now

Redpill me on Ryzen Jow Forums

Attached: 1558876429650.png (800x618, 937K)

lol just imagine if you'd bought an i5

Alright Jow Forums, hear me out.

So my Vega 64 has the mostly-useless HBCC. That feature that changes how video memory is approached (as page files) so it's easier to store on your system memory instead of the GPU's.

So, let's say I wanted to go full retard and grab the next desktop APU that comes out for meme purposes.

Would running HBCC on the Vega 64 boost performance from the iGPU due to better handling of VRAM?

Attached: c4a.jpg (600x484, 24K)

no

as usual, take amd and intel benchmarks with a goddamn kilogram of salt, we'll know what's what when proper benchs kick in.
that being said, it seems that amd caught up and possibly exceeded intel performance both single and multi threaded while being considerably cheaper, aka finally we have some goddamn competition to push this shitty industry foward

Is 520W enough for a Vega 56 and r5 2600? My poor old 580 is on it's way out so I cant Just Wait(TM) for Navi

Attached: 1555899821059.gif (416x307, 2.58M)

>all recommended CPUs are AMD
Stop it guys, that's not funny anymore.
Antisemitism is NOT welcome on Jow Forums

Is freesync or g sync preferable?

>is adaptive sync better than adaptive sync
No

G-sync has a dedicated chip in the monitor and freesync doesn't right?

It does, but you pay a premium for that chip that isn't necessary for adaptive sync to work.
That's how Nvidia magically added adaptive sync support to non g-Sync monitors

think about when amd moves to 7nm+ and gets actual 5ghz, another ipc boost, 4 way smt

There's now Freesync 2 as well.

As it goes right now, Freesync is the cheapest and is gaining compatibility with everything, Gsync is better than freesync due to how it handles very low framerates, and freesync 2 is better than Gsync due to doing everything Gsync does and more. Plus HDR.

Anyway, Freesync 2 is Gsync's competition, freesync itself is now the universal cheap option.

Is this a good case for this price?

Attached: case.png (988x365, 155K)

It costs half without the rgb

that's what it should have been sold for to begin with, so I guess

Not really

Attached: case2.png (982x354, 99K)

hol up, are the higher end x570 boards really ~500$?

Are you mentally challenged friend?

>youtube.com/watch?v=yDA0zBR6MgA
>600 bucks for a motherboard when the most expensive CPU it can take only costs 500
They've gone full retard.

Are there any real benefits for casual use if you get an X570 mobo instead of X470? Seems like there might be a possibility of enabling the higher bandwidth via software on older mobos and it feels like PCIe5 and DDR5 is the future just around the corner (TM) and that the X570 might be pretty meh.

I'm getting a 3700X which will be realesed alongside the new mobos so I might as well wait, I just figured the new mobos might have some issues initially and that the X470 boards will likely go on sale.

>$600 for a motherboard
Can't wait to see all the retards who will try to pair their b450 with a 3700x/3800x and get halved clocks

Attached: 1558280104847.jpg (224x225, 7K)

Is a 3900X overkill for 1440p gayming and 1080p video editing? Seems like a 2700X could do it competently for half the cost.

wtf I didn't actually expect Zen 2 to beat 9900k in single thread, a lot of people expected to just come very close to it

Attached: 1558930873847.jpg (2053x1025, 137K)

So is the 3600x a decent purchase over the 2600x or no?

Attached: Shock.gif (100x100, 55K)

>bought a 2700x a week ago
>this shit comes out
Holy fuck
I guess I don't need to upgrade but damn I still feel stupid

Except it doesn't because they have 9700k and 9900k running at stock

What's a good monitor for gaming on a GTX 1070 and i5 4690k combo? I'm thinking 1080p 144hz, but I am finding a really hard time figuring out the rest of the specs, like panel type and so on. Also I am pretty limited in terms of decisions since the Romanian stores don't have many options. So far I've been gaming on shitty 60hz IPS panels and I want this meme to be over already

And stock 9900k boosts to 5GHz

I want to see you overclock the 9900k, go on. Hard mode: you're not allowed to get housefire insurance.

>Leaks since last year
>Nothing but hype and even more leaks almost daily for the past 2 weeks
You're not stupid, just retarded.

I hope Intel GPUs will compete with Ngreedia and watch them both jew each other to the max while AMD keeps the Zen train going.

>Reality is now anti-semite

lmao all cheap laptops overheat dude.
Ryzen is far more efficient than Intel is, especially the upcoming 3000 series.

well yes, oil is a good heat conductor. Just need it to stay in place.
I think you'd be better off mixing oil with guar gum or something, though.

no wtf.
the iGPU uses the DRAM.

If you aren't OCing heavily it's more than fine.
Vega 56 uses the same power as the RX 580 so that's an easy answer for you.

what teh fcuk do you need a case that large for?
99% of people don't need larger than the Meshify C or H400

>b-but you can OC a 9900k by a hold 100 or 200mhz if you're lucky!
>please ignore that some people only get 4.8GHz all-core OC, sirs
>BCLK OCing on the 3800X to get another 4% and still BTFO the overpriced insecure housefire 9900k doesn't count!
Dumb fucking shill.

Uhh... for CSGO sure you could do 1080p 144hz but you could have done that with a GPU that costs half or a third as much.
Your CPU isn't even going to do 60fps minimum in a lot of games. If what you play does a stable and smooth 144 then sure get that.

AMD benchmarks have been far, far, far more faithful than Intel's. They aren't remotely compareable. Intel just plain lies.

see the end of

>1440p
You're mostly GPU bottlenecked so even 2700x will do just fine.

boost =/= all core
dead meme

>our CPU isn't even going to do 60fps minimum in a lot of games
Nah, it still holds up, I get over 60 fps on high with new games

I said single thread, not all core.

Is ultrawide a meme? How does work flow feel with one ultrawide and one 24"?

>dead meme
Like Intel?

it will likely be the 2nd best gaming CPU out there, if single core XFR boosts over 4.4GHz

zen has no OC headroom like always. Don't be surprised if you can only OC 4.4-4.5 all core with the 3800x

How do you know the OC headroom of an unreleased CPU on a new process node? Hint: you don't.

My motherboard is out of action and I want to wait until Zen 2 to build something new.
Where’s the best place to find inexpensive old mobos for 1150 chips?

People can generally do 102-104 BCLK OC on Zen 2.
A 4% single thread increase is the same as you get from going from 5GHz to 5.2.
And AMD's multithreaded perf is far better. Especially if you're comparing security-enabled CPUs.

Why is this simple math so difficult for a coping incel?

>tfw waitfag
I could have been gaming all this time

Attached: 1558929839708.png (523x536, 420K)

>BCLK OC
The absolute state of AMD

>It's not fair that Intel disabled BCLK OC
>It's not fair that Ryzen functions properly with an up to 5% BLCK OC
Your coper tears are delicious.

>gaming
Is gay

I plan to buy 3400g with this motherboard

gigabyte.com/Motherboard/X570-I-AORUS-PRO-WIFI-rev-10#sp

and the RAM prices here are rising again

Will
Corsair Vengeance LPX, DDR4, 16GB,3000MHz, CL16
be compatible?

Attached: visa.jpg (1280x720, 277K)

Buy a 2600 for €137 today, sell the Division 2 and World War Z or wait for 3600 which will retail for €200 or more?
Right now have a 2200g with a Vega 56, just want to escape the bottleneck.

I see 0 reason to upgrade from a 2600X to 3600X.

wait. 2600 will remove your bottleneck now but 3600 will also remove your bottleneck 3 years from now when you upgrade to another GPU

That's too slow.
You must be stuck on an old 60hz screen then?

If you don't want a 20-35% higher performance increase, then yeah obviously not.
Why would you want to upgrade from one 6 core to another the next year?

Not ''stuck''.
Exactly.

According to the website
>3rd Generation AMD Ryzen™ processors:
Support for DDR4 3200/2933/2667/2400/2133 MHz memory modules
This is between the top 2 speeds, but will that work?

So you are then. That's fine.
If you had a 144Hz+ screen there's a pretty obvious and big reason to upgrade.

But when the 2600 ceases to be enough I can get a 4600 or whatever when it goes on sale or whatever, no?

If you have a 144Hz screen you wouldn't have a 2600X now to begin with