You lied to me, Jow Forums

You lied to me, Jow Forums.

You told me that the PowerPC G3 was a meme, and that it would be utterly unusable with any modern task. But it runs just fine, even without hardware acceleration and 256 MB of RAM.

You told me I would not be able to escape from the botnet. But I did.

Attached: 2019-05-27-152232_1024x768_scrot.png (1024x768, 281K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/linux/comments/btltd5/i_would_like_to_thank_all_the_people_working_on/
hints.macworld.com/article.php?story=20101011105729488
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

based and free of botnets.
Consider using Hurd or Linux Libre with that

You're on Jow Forums which is a botnet.

>Implying 4gag isn't a botnet

Not if you block javashit

Based

I really wanted to use Debian on my ibook, but it is just unbearably slow without hardware acceleration. I'll stick to Tiger for now.

Attached: sheit.jpg (1024x747, 504K)

Is there any way to install Tiger via USB? Can you just download an iso from the interwebz and burn it?

ppc fags /in/
you need to boot via DVD

Attached: Picture 1.png (667x520, 85K)

Oh nice, what CPU? I've always wanted a Quad-core G5 but they go for ridiculous prices.

It's a quad, PowerPC 970MP, I got very lucky that the liquid cooling didn't have any leaks

I think you can just write an iso to a USB with dd, but I'm not 100% sure.

then you would boot from OF with something like

boot usb0/disk@1:,tbxi\\

Can a wizard tier PPC fag confirm this?

On some newer PPC Mac's USB aliases are replaced with "ud".

>buster
>powerpc
What the fuck?
Didn't they drop PPC support back on Jessie?

It's an unofficial port. However, it is actually well supported.

Nice

Is this you reddit.com/r/linux/comments/btltd5/i_would_like_to_thank_all_the_people_working_on/ ?
What are you doing posting on the Shittit?

Is there any way to install Tiger via USB? Can you just download an iso from the interwebz and burn it?

you need to boot via DVD

It's a quad, PowerPC 970MP, I got very lucky that the liquid cooling didn't have any leaks

Neat, got a link?

Are you that guy who had a Quad sitting around in a closet? That's a pretty good configuration.

Attached: 190527.png (1920x1080, 1.38M)

Yes that's me. I created an account to post that, but I received a message saying that "my account was too recent" to post, so I just forgot it and moved on. Seems like the soimods decided to approve it.

I really wanted to use Debian on my ibook, but it is just unbearably slow without hardware acceleration. I'll stick to Tiger for now.

On some newer PPC Mac's USB aliases are replaced with "ud".

Neat, got a link?

>it's the retarded shill who copies comments again

quick PSA: remember to enable recursive hiding on 4chanX to obliterate this spam

Is this you reddit.com/r/linux/comments/btltd5/i_would_like_to_thank_all_the_people_working_on/ ?

You're on Jow Forums which is a botnet.

I have a 450mhz Power mac G4, running Tiger. Last time I checked was incredibly slow, haven't tried to run Linux on it yet.

Neat, got a link?

then you would boot from OF with something like

boot usb0/disk@1:,tbxi\\

Can a wizard tier PPC fag confirm this?

tiger is peak apple. nothing has topped it since.

Why don't the mods ban this retard?

fuck off retard

you need to boot via DVD

Yes that's me. I created an account to post that, but I received a message saying that "my account was too recent" to post, so I just forgot it and moved on. Seems like the soimods decided to approve it.

based and free of botnets.
Consider using Hurd or Linux Libre with that

fuck off retard

>Last time I checked was incredibly slow
Well no shit, those machines shipped with OS 9 or 8.6 depending on what 450 it actually is.

They do but he probably just resets his IP, or his employer pays off the mods to look the other way.

now try connecting to this site using HTTPS.

¿?

That's literally a PowerPC port of the latest release of Pale Meme. You can visit any website you want, HTTP or HTTPS

That would be cool, but if that's the case, why would OP connect to Jow Forums using http?

Jow Forums does not have HTTPS redirection. If you type www.Jow Forums.org, it will take you to the HTTP version.

I sometimes wonder what the exact post was that triggered you into this impotent four year long autistic tantrum. At least you keep the thread bumped.

Tiger machines have zero problems with HTTPS.

You did it user!
Proud of you.

Attached: -richard_stallman.jpg (840x610, 59K)

Jow Forums does not have HTTPS redirection. If you type www.Jow Forums.org, it will take you to the HTTP version.

Based bearded man of freedumbs

Very good post.

I sometimes wonder what the exact post was that triggered you into this impotent four year long autistic tantrum. At least you keep the thread bumped.

¿?

That's literally a PowerPC port of the latest release of Pale Meme. You can visit any website you want, HTTP or HTTPS

Very bad post.

Well no shit, those machines shipped with OS 9 or 8.6 depending on what 450 it actually is.

That would be cool, but if that's the case, why would OP connect to Jow Forums using http?

Thanks for the (You)s but are replying to the wrong person.

But user, what can you actually do with that thing?

Attached: ReflectingIncredibleGalago.gif (435x250, 2.23M)

Anything you can install on Debian. Do zoomers really have a hard time comprehending what a computer can compute other than Facebook and YouTube?

They do but he probably just resets his IP, or his employer pays off the mods to look the other way.

But user, what can you actually do with that thing?

I have a quad or two sitting in my garage, does that count?

Anything you can install on Debian. Do zoomers really have a hard time comprehending what a computer can compute other than Facebook and YouTube?

>reddit
no. fuck that site. full of commies.

thank you user, very cool

I think you can just write an iso to a USB with dd, but I'm not 100% sure.

wow user im glad for you

Use a non-horrible font in your terminal, Jesus.

Yes you can, I downloaded the .dmg, used disk utility to restore it onto the USB which basically just copies all the shit and makes it bootable, and then follow this tutorial
hints.macworld.com/article.php?story=20101011105729488
In case your PPC mac is one of those that can't boot from usb (like my 2005 powerbook 15"), you can use target disk mode with another mac that has a firewire. At least that's how I did it.

I want to write my own OS that can do functions such as basic image editing, web browsing, and coding on a Pentium I with 24 MB of RAM available. Is this a bad idea?

Attached: 1521507267176.jpg (1024x640, 36K)

>basic image editing, web browsing,
those are bigger asks than you might realize, but sure, give it a shot

I'm sleep deprived and this thread is fucking with my brain,

I'm talking about paint-level editing, like cropping and drawing squiggles, and websites would only be rendered in the most basic way possible, allowing only things like Captcha to work. Take Dillo, for example - only uses 10 mb of RAM with a tab open, and I'm sure that could be less if optimized properly.

Attached: etc.jpg (996x811, 155K)

i'm only talking about the amount of software you'd need to write to get that much functionality, you might be surprised
making nojs capcha work should be feasable
a pentium 1 and 24M ram is enough for what you're asking, you won't get modern js-ridden sites to run on that though

>you won't get modern js-ridden sites to run on that though
I wouldn't want to, that shit gives me cancer.