Which CPU to get, not seeing myself using 12c ever

Which CPU to get, not seeing myself using 12c ever
is 8 core offering really anything over 6c?
6c with 95w seem to have bigger OC headroom or 6c 65w with low OC headroom

Attached: 1235163.jpg (1080x1349, 109K)

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/jennierubyjane
youtube.com/watch?v=0_avPbgxw28
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

do i just get 6c 95w good noctua cooler and OC to possibly 4.8?
do not see 8 core part going past that

Attached: 5964573.jpg (1080x1080, 120K)

Get Intel, it just wörks.

MODS!

Not OP, but she's 23yo.

What's her name?

8 core and 6 core will overclock the same
the chips will mostly hit 4.5ghz max
buy the 6 core for gaming now or the 8 core if you want it to age a little better

Whaaaaat the

Attached: IMG_20190527_181155.jpg (350x320, 20K)

Yeah, and I'm a Benjamin Franklin.

kysretard

kys fat fuck

is navi going up againsnt 2060 gonna be 300 eur and better at not being VRM housefire , should i just grab 56 with my hard earned east european moneyz

>looks 13yo
>"MODS"
>it's ok mane, she's 23
>aaa oh.
moral of the story.
it's ok to fuck someone who looks like 13, but is 23.

~4.5 is boost so basically getting 200mhz more with OC should be ez

jennie kim
instagram.com/jennierubyjane

tank (You)

you ever seen a 4.5ghz 2700x?
how about a 4.3ghz 1800x?
zen has never had all core headroom over stock xfr

>is navi going up againsnt 2060 gonna be 300 eur
so 400 for custom cooler than, ok. too much for me poorfag

Girl wrists. How do they work?

Hello Ben.

Kys you stupid cunt faggot

She looks more like 15yo. Look at the size of those boobs.

this is your 9th thread today, OP

here's one of your other threads which is still up too what form of autism is this?

There are plenty of grown up women with small breasts you absolute spastic fuck.

12 cores is going to be beneficial in the future even for casuals.

YouTube is a legit example. In a perfect situation, downsampled 1080p shold look AS GOOD as 4K... downsampled.. to a 1080p monitor, but that's not the case. When selecting 4K you get MUCH better picture quality when watching videos even if your monitor is only 1080p. This is due to bitrates and the fact that higher resolutions are inherently more compressible to begin with. YouTube could remedy this by giving people higher bitrate 1080p so it's not a night/day difference but they don't.

So the solution to experience better content is to choose 4K always, however this is extremely taxing on CPUs. If you have a multi monitor setup trying to game and watch a 4K youtube video at the same time can be too much for a quad core system, and even put an 8 core system at the limit and experience performance loss.

When 8K comes, it'll only get worse.
More cores is always better to have.

Here's an example of a video that looks like shit in the 1080p version on YouTube and looks better when you choose the 4K/8K version.
youtube.com/watch?v=0_avPbgxw28

Your computer may not be able to even play back the 8K file but that's besides the point.

>no 4k/8k option in Firefox

FUCKING GOOGLE AAAAHHHH

Works on my system. Are you limited by codec support?

Attached: Screenshot at 2019-05-27 19-43-09.png (1585x1304, 2.02M)

> 95W TDP, OC
Do you even usually need a computer that consumes more than 5-10W actual? Why not get that and augment it with a gaymen PC as needed?

What I did for a long time. 15W Mac mini + a gaming computer. Got a bit annoying using two different desktop systems tho, and it is a lot more expensive than just a single system. I think it is a lot more comfortable to have a single system that can scale down well, or have a docked laptop. If it weren't for games, I'd be more than happy with a 15W system.

>Works on my system.
What hardware do you have?
I have 2600K+GTX 970 on Win7.
Drops about half the frames.

>Are you limited by codec support?
I don't know, maybe?

FX8350/RX 560 here, plays back 4K just fine. 8K chugs like shit though.

Attached: 2019.05.27_20.22.57.jpg (1920x1080, 292K)

i wanted a CPU that would last me a while so I went with something modern. watched a video of a 4c chip vs a 8c chip and saw that the 4c does have studdering issues, but i didn't see myself doing that much gaming so i decided to go 6c. figured that hyperthreading would give me some futureproofing so i went with a 6c/12t chip, then i went with intel because i wanted an igpu because my second-hand graphics card could go out at any moment. and then finally i realized that overclocking isn't a priority for me so i settled on an intel 8700.

4K plays fine for me, 0 dropped frames but it's a heavy load at 55-70% CPU. Trying to play back at 2x increases the load. It barely drops any frames at 1.25x but starts throwing a lot out at 1.5x and 2x drops a ton consuming 100% CPU.

Throwing gaming into the mix (with 4K at 1x) simultaneously with some recording/other multi-tasking immediately causes problems.

kek hyper threading

Hello my friend. You don't need a 12c cpu for that. My 100 euro nvidia 1050 has a built in video decoder. With it I only use 4% cpu, 2% gpu load and ~20% video engine load. the video engine load went up to 40-50% sometimes, and then down again to 20 (sometimes 15), not really too conistent.

And the latest nvidia cards have an improved encoder, and I assume also an improved decoder, on which the load would be even less im sure.

Attached: 15589826996146118.jpg (1917x893, 401K)

I can do that.

That's exactly how the law works

You could always try to change that, but I doubt your political career would go very far.

it's almost as if laws are based on the ability to consent and not appearance
woah

Interesting, yeah the whole situation seems fucked. Basically tomorrow your rig can be rendered useless here too if YouTube changed codecs again.

Good reason to invest in a stronger CPU IMO, to be less reliant on "acceleration" when it's so unreliable and poorly supported.

>GTX 970 can't even play back videos
What a fucking joke. Honestly. As if them being sued for the 3.5GB/4GB VRAM issue wasn't bad enough.

My next build will be AMD/AMD for sure.

Well the new AV1 codec sure is demanding as fug. I dont know if it will ever be a permanent thing for youtube.

Threadripper 1950X and Rx 580 with Fedora. Didn't drop a single frame in that video, but the fans did get audible.

They built it with hardware decoders in mind, you'll be able to play it on your phone eventually.

Did you monitor your GPU usage to see if it was doing accelerated decoding or doing CPU decoding?

Post feet.

No not really. Don't know what would show GPU usage desu. I don't see the temp sensor get any warmer, and the GPU just idles around 30-35W as usual (according to lm sensors).

How about CPU? Did you at least check that?

For GPU usage you can use MSI Afterburner to monitor temps/usage/etc in your task bar and view it in a graph with the program open

Get an Intel CPU, they have the highest clock and IPC and the price is just perfect for what they offer (best performance)

yeah the cpu load was very obvious. 25-50% or so on the core with the most load on it.

>Get an Intel CPU, they have the highest clock and IPC and the price is just perfect for what they offer (best performance)

This is 100% not going to be the case in any budget on July 7th.

Industry Lowest Price = AMD 2019
Industry's FASTEST single cores = AMD 2019
Industry's best MULTITHREAD performance = AMD 2019

If you want better in anything you'll actually have to start looking at enterprise hardware. Lol.

asian women should be illegal they look like stupid babies

have sex

>he doesnt want to have sex with babies
get a load of this faggot