Why is the web full of white backgrounds?

why is the web full of white backgrounds?

Attached: 1550569309445.png (515x410, 172K)

blacks can't program

Because you have autism and don't understand objectively good design when you see it.
You're into the discord tranny shit, with circle avatars, and

very wide

spacing

There's a scientific reason behind bright backgrounds and dark text and that's due to the way the human eye works. With a bright background, the eyes focus better, and text is easier to read. If it's too fucking bright for you consider reducing your brightness you fucking brainlet piece of shit.

I don't use discord, but I saw that pic and got reminded of how I hate white backgrounds on websites
>this triggered
>making this many assumptions
projecting much?

it's scientifically proven that too much contrast between background and text is actually bad.

It's scientifically proven that you're a faggot.

>get proven wrong
>act like a 12yo /v/edditor

>it's scientifically proven that too much contrast between background and text is actually bad.
No, it's not.
And if it were then paperwork wouldn't be black ink on white paper. They'd use grey ink or something.

You're freely able to adjust your monitor's contrast if you want but high contrast is not "bad" in any way.

cause most of us don't live in underground tunnels

Based, but circle avatars make the most sense desu.

>And if it were then paperwork wouldn't be black ink on white paper. They'd use grey ink or something.
mongoloid

Light text on white background made sense when resolutions and screen sizes were tiny.

>source: dude trust me

White text on black background is actually better for your eyes.

because if you're using something outside, in natural daylight, it's easier to see things against a bright white backdrop than it is a black backdrop.

Yellow text on a green or blue background is GOAT

blacks/mexicans aren't smart enough to do it and asians are too smart to bother with mid tier salaries

fpbp

most white cucks make light themed websites

precedural brightness/colour is still in the process of being discovered. once again unfortunately, apple is leading in this field with protoype intelligent dark modes etc.

>once again unfortunately, apple is leading
why is this unfortunate? if you don't like it, make it yourself

Back to your containment board NPC

Back to your containment board NPC

Attached: 1534626899122.gif (2000x800, 540K)

as it turns out, paper and lcd screens are different mediums. one diffuses light while the other emits it, so you can't apply studies that were exercised on only one kind of material. crazy how that works. it only really starts to make a difference when you have a shitload of copy to read, which doesn't at all apply to discord despite it being a chat client.

Omg Jow Forums literally ruined this website i've been a part of since 2005 i can't stand racism i'm leaving forever goodbye.

See ya tomorrow

This is very funny to read. If you were correct the next step in technology would be white paper that blinded your eyes like a 120w lightbulb.

Are you going back to r*ddit? No one's going to miss you.

Because they're objectively the best.
Stop living in the dark.

I don't think you understand what contrast is.

Nigger was a word that as celebrated by the whole website

Not the faggot that's leaving, but obviously none of us meant it back then newfag.

>obviously none of us meant it back then newfag.
Oh, yeah? You speak for everyone and know without doubt no one meant it? Fuck off

No he's right newfag. People said shit like double nigger as a joke. Not because they were room temperature IQ bigots like you. But because it was funny to see people get so upset over just a word. You literally fell for the meme.

>he thinks there weren't actual racists mixed with dumb teens
so naive

Light gray background + dark gray text + flux

Because I don't want to be flash banged when alt tabbing

byebye nigger noone misses you

I think you should install lights in your room.

>one diffuses light while the other emits it
The light LCDs emit is diffused light well, genius. There is a diffuser between the backlight and the panel.

hey guys, what's going on this this thre...
oh fuck

Attached: google.png (642x492, 59K)

let you are sitting way too close to the screen/laptop/phone, you ever hear people complain the TV is too white?

i have lights in my room, but using a mainly dark background text editor then switching to a bright webpage just flashbangs you

I'm a racist and I've been here longer than the age of half the site's current userbase. We ABSOLUTELY fucking meant it back then, nigger.

two thirds of the current userbase came during the 2016-2018 "blue wave" democratic midterms.
the newfags are the "leftists".
the number of users started to drop in the aftermath of the midterms, but it is obvious how desperately they are shilling in the leadup to the dem primaries and 2020.
"liberal" astroturfing has reached ridiculous proloportions, and it is mostly ignored or even encouraged by the literal discord moderators (it is a fucking requirement)

wacism probably

i've got a shit ton of visual noise and find it MOST INCONSIDERATE that 90% of sites blast me with
#FFFFFF

Whats the best way to make Jow Forums dark mode and why hasn't the site provided a simple way to do so hen it really shouldn't be that hard to implement?

Style: Tomorrow

this made me chuckle fucking hell

so you've been here since what, 2012?

You read the paper. You read the web. The paper is white.

>they would use grey ink
Lmao fucking retard alert. Paper they obviously cant ink the entire page and leave the words in white, that would be a colossal waste of money. For webshit there's really no excuse for the constant eye rape

Turn down your brightness and it's cozy as fuck

Turn the brightness up and it's more easily visible in high light

fucking kek user

Attached: 1517394070133.png (670x731, 327K)

I'm with you, this scum Zuckerberg is forcing white backgrounds on all his "services"

I never understood you nigger theme fags. black background with white text strains my eyes way more than white background with black text. I guess you're all just genetically inferior.

t. 20/20 vision superior being

why

for printing, on a printer. Ink on paper. Paper is white.

yes yes websites are white so you can print them. that's what every webshit thinks about: printing.

rubbish

actually light off-yellow on black is even better

you had to bring racism in this you fucking incel.

i just reported you.

BASED

maybe just go on facebook/reddit to avoid wasasim, more effective

Haha
Its funny when newfags try to larp as oldfags, very obvious

Based and lightthemepilled

He can't answer this question because he's wrong