Where did "postgres is the best dbrms" meme came from? IMO MariaDB (former MySQL...

Where did "postgres is the best dbrms" meme came from? IMO MariaDB (former MySQL, before it get cucked by Oracle) is best dbrms out there in terms of performance and ease of use.
Tell me something bad about MariaDB and how Postgres or even OracleDB are better than it? ProTip: you can't.

Attached: CxvR4Rax_400x400.jpg (400x400, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.nextcloud.com/server/stable/admin_manual/configuration_database/mysql_4byte_support.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

99% of database applications don't require anything more than SQLite.

Wrong board. This place is just for shilling for corporations, making memes on pirated Photoshop, and not knowing how to use *nice or the terminal

MariaDB intereted much of MySQL's braindeath, like just returning nulls or truncating on invalid input instead of doing what you want - giving you an error.

It was made as a companion for PHP - a non-programming language made for non-programmers who write non-programs.

you'll get better luck just googling it you fag.

Attached: feedme.jpg (1024x1024, 93K)

If you roll your own load balancing and scheduling layer over sqlite, you don't need mariadb either.

*100%
Nothing is better than self contained sqlite files

Elephant > Fish

Tell that to banks or any other government related workflows where every single one of them use Oracle databases.

>argument ad populum

postgres is an absolute braindead retarded dbms. storing and querying json data columns? allowing plugins into your driver? just ignore the nu-age shills and keep on trucking.

>using informal fallacies after 10th grade

retard who can't differentiate between postgres and mongodb

Oracle is best

>having an rdbms that can't support basic json/xml functionality
shiggy

i guess you could dissolve your argument to an appeal to authority, but it still isn't an argument. superficial observations are useless for anything but small talk. until the banks and governments reasons for using oracle is cited their use thereof is meaningless in a technical discussion.

tl;dr

Why? Why do you pajeets and pakis love to use Oracle that much?

SQLite has a consumes few resources to start but gets slow with very large tables.

MariaDB(MySQL) reserves a ton of resources but puts them to good use by being fast and responsive even with enormous tables.

user said 99%.

the purpose of postgresql is its permissive license, so you can distribute software that makes use of it without being bound to GPL like with mysql or mariadb

> Where did "postgres is the best dbrms" meme came from?
Objective truth

because they were told too.
pooinloos do what they're told, and nothing else

Oracle is slowly being phased out. They've become super Jews and their licensing is a nightmare to deal with now. It's like Sybase all over again.

>Tell that to banks or any other government related workflows where every single one of them use Oracle databases.
Oracle is notorious for being a vendor that locks you into their environment.

I agree. MariaDB even let's you pick between performance (MyISAM) and robustness (InnoDB).

> Where did "postgres is the best dbrms" meme came from?
From the 00s because MySQL statement-based replication and non-ACID compliant storage engine was straight up retarded. They patched a lot of it, now it's a legacy system with some new features, some old features and a lot of quirks. Example? How to enable proper UTF8 support for MySQL in Nextcloud: docs.nextcloud.com/server/stable/admin_manual/configuration_database/mysql_4byte_support.html
Yeah, I was wondering why I can't use meme OK emojis in Redmine tasks - that's why.
> Tell me something bad about MariaDB
GTID implementation in MariaDB is retarded, MySQL got in much better with GUIDs.
> how Postgres or even OracleDB are better than it
At least I never have to tune postgres config when access.log gets near 1K hits per minute, that's not a whole lot, but mysql at that point requires fiddling with innodb_buffer_pool_size, ib_logfile sizes and other shit which mysqltuner.pl recommends, and it often helps. I'd choose MySQL in two cases, one is logical replication which can exclude DBs and tables and two, master-master replica. Otherwise, Postgres is better out of the box even for highload.
> ProTip: you can't
My suggestion is you should grow up and get some experience.

Postgres has transactional DDL. Nothing worse than fucking up an ALTER TABLE statement in MySQL and being left in the shitter.

Why? Let them cuck themselves

With postgres you get both without having to pick