Huh. Turns out nothing happened. Interesting...

Huh. Turns out nothing happened. Interesting. I was told by all the Jow Forums experts that the internet would be destroyed by ISPs. Funny how they forgot that the internet existed and thrived long before net neutrality became law. I guess hysterical millennials really don't know everything.

Attached: 36167014995_c6f07af38d_k.jpg (2048x1325, 177K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tomshardware.com/news/cox-elite-gamer-internet-fast-lane,39176.html
theverge.com/2018/10/17/17990758/net-neutrality-fcc-new-york-attorney-general-investigation
arstechnica.com/information-technology/2019/04/cox-internet-now-charges-15-extra-for-faster-access-to-online-game-servers/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>I was told by all the Jow Forums experts that the internet would be destroyed by ISPs
No you weren't. People would come here from reddit to make threads about how losing net neutrality was going to be terrible, and the vast majority of Jow Forums would shit on them and tell them to get the fuck out and that it would be fine.

you're a frog in a pot friend. ISPs are well aware that any radical changes to the status quo would be met with displeasure amongst the public and potential reforms detrimental to their business. Changes will be made incrementally, such that the vast majority of people will never noticed they're being fucked over.

Desu I warmed up to those new copyright laws when people started saying they'd destroy all """memes""" based on pop culture shit

>nothing happened
THIS
Tmobile includes Netflix
Sprint includes Hulu
At&t includes HBO etc
Verizon inclues Apple Music
None of that was going on before the law changed.

Its only the beginning

tomshardware.com/news/cox-elite-gamer-internet-fast-lane,39176.html

theverge.com/2018/10/17/17990758/net-neutrality-fcc-new-york-attorney-general-investigation

Has the senate killed the "save the internet" act that congress passed yet?
Or are the pigs waiting for a post-election sell out the vast majority of burgers who are in favor of NN. Even a majority of Rethuglicans want NN.

>Changes will be made incrementally, such that the vast majority of people will never noticed they're being fucked over.

Yep, make small change, keep it like that for a while then it becomes the norm, rinse and repeat.

Nothing good has come out of the poor and stupid using the internet anyway. Maybe less retards will be able to use twitter.

The Internet is much better when there’s a high barrier to entry anyway.

THIS

Imagine it, 90% of twitter, reddit, and buzzfeed users leaving because they can’t be bothered anymore. It would be amazing

how is that a bad thing exactly

How much is Comcast paying you to write stupid posts like this for your corporate overlords? Holy fuck conservatives are dumb. For your answer see

Attached: vki8fcpgn4u21.png (1024x680, 252K)

>implying you can go backwards and kick people off the internet without them wanting to come back

you pay for stuff you don't want AND you have to pay extra for the stuff you do want.
if I only have AT&T in my area and want Netflix instead of HBO? too bad, I will be paying passively for HBO while I also pay for Netflix.

and you think with net neutrality hbo and netflix wouldn't have been looking at ways to partner with different carriers to make lucrative deals?

$.02 has been inserted into your Comcast Wallet.

that first article is for a rebranded WTFast service, not really tier-based and doesn't boost speeds unless you're playing specific vidya that supports WTFast

Even arse technicals called bullshit on that fast lane thing being an NN violation

arstechnica.com/information-technology/2019/04/cox-internet-now-charges-15-extra-for-faster-access-to-online-game-servers/

How much food does the Bay Area grow?

can't compete with chicago metro area despite its huge valuations

Net Neutrality failed because it wasn’t Real Net Neutrality™.

Net neutrality still exists, just at the state level. So your logic is flawed.

Wasn't Pai trying to kill California's attempt at state level net neutrality? What happened with that?

It's how we went from movies being able to openly say fag in a derogatory sense in the 00s to ...whatever culture we have festering now

Ummm ackshually, Tyrone from Oakland is a very capable horticulturalist

Its almost like Jow Forums was right and net neutrality was a meme to get govt involved and eventually force more bandwidth for “dem poor inner city kids” and start calling certain content “not net neural” if it was racist, xenophobic, etc

wat

Net Neutrality was implemented to prevent differential pricing and """fast lanes""", not to mention all the bullshit flip-flopping between Title 1 and Title 2, pretending some things are intranet instead of internet, so on and so forth
And jeeze, look what all came back once the law was struck down...

If you want to get mad about something bandwidth related, look into the Telecommunications Act of 1996, the Universal Service Fund, and how many billions of dollars collected for infrastructure construction mysteriously haven't been spent on infrastructure.

Data caps were implemented.
Prices are going up.
Deployment is still shit.

Remember when net neutrality was a thing? Only boomers remember the good old times.

Attached: 1436754127064.png (768x1280, 107K)

We're so fucked, my phone's internet gets shittier by the day, all of these companies can eat my fucking asshole, I'd rather live in the woods, hunt wild animals, plow my gf and trip mushrooms desu

Slow burn. You won't notice until it's too late.

the problem is not that nothing has happened up to now, the problem is that it is possible for ISP to do stuff. You may lock your door every day and nothing happens and think that nothing will happen if you do not lock your door from now on. So you start leaving it unlocked, a year passes and then you get robbed. What people who have a problem with NN repeal have as a problem is that it leaves the opportunity for ISPs to rob you in the future.

Really chaps my ass

If nothing happened or is going to happen why did the FCC work so hard and move so fast to strike it down? :^)

There's a fuckload of fishing and 50 miles south of SF is something like 30% of the nation's produce.

My state already passed net neutrality laws so I really don't give a fuck.

Huh

Attached: _20190528_000924.jpg (720x1109, 126K)

This, they do it like the ruskis
Test the field with a heavy hitter and than slowly but steady start to implement that shit

fake news, just like that verizon firefighters story

>want gigabit internet service here
>only a DOCSIS provider where I live in town
>$120/month with a 1.5TB cap
>$40/month extra for 'unlimited' which is throttled after 5TB
>can literally pay MORE money to not be throttled
>never seen speeds over 400mbit
>this only has happened after NN was repealed

Fuck off nigger.

>Huh. Turns out nothing happened.
Yeah. What's interesting to me is the net neutrality legislation would have not prevented the current state of how things are yet repeaters are programmed to repeat that it would have.

>throttled after 5TB
wut?
Niggerneutrality (or Net neuterity) only exist in land of nig and other 5-eyes country like AU where it's rigged.
Other countries where NN doesn't exist like most of Asia like Korea, internet is fast but as of the moment it is heavily surveillanced now while on China it's as cheap as paying $10 usd a year for unlimited but have GFW which can be bypassed with IQ but who cares, it's just access to youtube which most chinks don't need anyway when you have a billion users of weibo. Taiwan too, is fast as fuck.
Boomers remember net neutrality being not about neutering the net but being favorable for the power users like those who seed terabits of torrent a day for release groups who rip and pirate or spend their time consuming up to 10TiB per week and screencapping and bragging it over the forums only to see someone beat you by 300%.
That was back in the days but suddenly shifted in favor of the corps so in the end they'll have to charge you more for unlimited while also charging you from premium services like low latency gaming or even netflix while also being charged access over said services. Sure no one can feel it yet as it would cause an outrage. It'll start with $1 charge and it'll inflate slowly since internet has become the next "gasoline" or "medicine" where demand stays even if price goes up or down.
In a first world asian country, internet is dirt cheap and accessible for all and this scheme cannot work anymore when everyone tasted the unlimited but on 1st jewed countries it sure is going to be that. Maybe try to enjoy your unlimited netflix plan while you can but you can't access other non alphabet IPs and be charged higher.
Net neutrality was originally represented by ones and zeroes, or binary data which is just an on-off signal and doesn't cost anything expensive aside from how much or fast the routers and network systems handle the signals, QOS and traffic but it all changed to seizing local ISPs because they're based

So American internet is still shit.

>Net neutrality was originally represented by ones and zeroes, or binary data which is just an on-off signal and doesn't cost anything expensive aside from how much or fast the routers and network systems handle the signals, QOS and traffic but it all changed to seizing local ISPs because they're based
Also, to add on that, I am using Huawei PON router with end to end fiber connection and it's blazing fast and unlimited too plus they don't care what shit I torrent and don't get mailed by the NYPD for some skid downloading lady gaga over my coffee shop for example.
Now I can guess why the receeding-hairline muttlord tried to ban these also with Australia which is on the inferior shit called telstra who can't even service 4G properly, meanwhile China provided 4G for several countries in under a year of contract while recently a working 5G over its neighboring allies while mutts still under development and testing their 5G spyware.

fbpb

Bad bait. You need to do more than just mentioning Jow Forums sweetie.