/spg/ - Smartphone General

Redmi K20 Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY (embed)

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: Kino 20.jpg (1177x1177, 546K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theverge.com/2018/12/21/18151764/att-5g-evolution-logo-rollout-fake-network
techradar.com/news/t-mobile-5g-phones
blog.puls.com/battle-of-the-genders-cell-phone-damage-report
cleveland.com/business/2014/09/men_much_more_likely_to_lose_s.html
t-mobile.com/news/tmobile-600mhz
arstechnica.com/information-technology/2018/06/new-t-mobile-upgrade-may-boost-your-coverage-if-you-have-the-right-phone/
slashgear.com/t-mobile-5g-launch-delay-device-roadmap-25567313/
extremetech.com/mobile/286395-t-mobile-pushes-back-full-5g-rollout-to-late-2019
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Can't wait for its release

what a fucking yellow dicc sucker
get an iphone you incel

When's the k20 coming out in europe?

Attached: 1548439500348.png (128x128, 11K)

>took the chinkpill
is it justified to be paranoid about stock ROM?
might install LineageOS with microG ASAP

Convince me why I should upgrade.

you shouldn't, keep using your current phone until it breaks

Give me the money then faggot. I'm not buying overrated shit that it's not worth its price

I've read some time ago that you won't be able to record calls on Android 9.0 without rooting your phone and installing a custom ROM, is that true?

True(False)

Yes. But you can with Xiaomi phone with MIUI and others too. But can't with vanilla Android. Fucking sucks. Fuck Jewgle.

Why not get the regular xiaomi 7 or note 7?
Too big?

Welp, guess I'll stick to my SGS5 until it literally falls apart.

convinced me after looking between that and a few others, I think I'm gonna go get the pixel 3a

Just bought a Redmi Note 7. What should I expect?

never
why would you want cheap chinkplastic phone anyway

Based, can't wait for the K20

Attached: k20.png (1115x843, 267K)

If those niggers at Asus don't hurry the fuck up and let me order, I'll be getting the K20. Fucking hurry up already.

>Too big?
Yeah, want a small phone. Used to have a Lenovo Zuk Z2 but it's a bit outdated

Good goy.

Is there any sort of catch to T-Mobile's Pay-As-You-Go option? If the Redmi K20 ends up not getting full global bands I'd like to switch to T-Mobile from Verizon and pick up a Zenfone 6 but I normally make texts rather than calls
Also are bands 66 and 71 absolutely needed for 4G to be fully functional on T-Mobile?

Is it possible for service providers to block a particular model of phone from using their service. For example, let's say the Huewhue situation gets worse, would it be possible to remotely render any huawei phones from connecting to the cell network?

So what's with this memeback? Does it mean it's shitty plastic or what?

Attached: Xiaomi-Redmi-K20-Official-Photo-2[1].jpg (695x637, 90K)

Its degrade glass or some shit

>shitty plastic
>shitty
>plastic

the purpose of a phone's shell is to be durable. are you sure you're posting in the right board?

mylar underneath glass
you can get glass phones on some really cheap shit nowadays

I sure am. I'm not a woman, as such I don't have two left hands, and never dropped my phone. Metal is no concern, and glass is no concern as well. Nexus 4 and OPX are still pristine. Why would I settle with plastic? It feels like shit in hands.

Literally just bought a Mi Mix 2s. It felt good to pay 298usd for a 845SD. I don't care about camera or being able to load my games 0.5 second early as in the 855.

Bought a Pocophone F1, it seems like an obscenely good deal
or maybe other flagships are just that overpriced

I have to say I've never been so hyped up about a phone before. Although the camera is probably dogshit, and I'll end up buying the Pixel 3a xl.

Based

lmao what a cuck

No bands 66 and 71 are not needed, there's only a handful of phones that even have bands 66 and 71. You're going to want bands 2,4,5, 12. Most in my area are 2,4, and 12. You can live without 12 but I wouldn't.

The advantage with band 71 is that theoretically TMobile could upgrade your phone to 5G via software upgrade since their 5G network will be based on band 71, but that's not even a guarantee that TMobile would do that and not force you to buy a 5G phone for like $1000+

>I'm not a woman
>I obsess over the look of my expensive fashion accessory
>I prefer materials that are shiny for my devices, durability be damned
>I'm not a woman

Stay mad bro

i was prepared to pay 320usd for the sd730 k20 but the sd855 6gb k20 pro starts at 330usd
fucking madness
how low is this non pro going to be
god fucking damn
ecstatic rn

>chinkshit with chink OS
>LCD screen
>curved screen
GOD JUST GIVE ME A NOTCHLESS PHONE THAT'S PERFECT IN EVERY WAY

Attached: 1511998162618.jpg (580x580, 196K)

vaule 4 money

Cope.

You can't update a phone to support 5g with just a software update you retard, unless it's fake 5g like with AT&T:
theverge.com/2018/12/21/18151764/att-5g-evolution-logo-rollout-fake-network

>tfw the k20 is coming tomorrow
Are you guys gonna buy when it hits Ali express?
i might

Attached: 1547321756985.png (586x399, 167K)

>OP 3/3T Pie update pushed almost a week ago
>still haven't received it
Where THE FUCK is my fucking update you incompetent slit eye chinks?

This is why you will forever remain a virgin

Attached: 1448140223-pierce-brosnan-martini[1].jpg (325x425, 26K)

>LCD screen

yes, based on imei and hardware.

>waiting for OTAs instead of just installing the update manually
What are you even doing on Jow Forums?

>bootloader unlocked devices getting wiped with manual installs
Yeah great idea bro why didn't I think of that?

Just backup your shit then

Yea, me too

I'm going to China in a couple of weeks time, might pick it up while I'm there.

>You can't update a phone to support 5g with just a software update you retard
Yes you fucking can you fucktard cunt

waiting until 11/11 for price, global version and to see the long term reviews if they fucked anything with the corner cutting like the camera getting jammed or wifi dropouts but this will probably be my next phone

Okay guys, i wanted to buy op7pro but k20pro seems to be too perfect for its price, is something going to flop?

A software update won't do shit when the modem doesn't support 5g.

When will k20 pro be out for bongs?

Attached: 1557432565164.png (601x601, 267K)

Hopefully next month

After Brexit happens

The modem does support 5g, if it has band 71. Holy fuck how in the fuck are you this dumb

Shit the K20 looks NEARLY perfect in every single way except for one flaw, that being the fucking glass back.

Can someone PLEASE FUCKING EXPLAIN WHY COMPANIES KEEP THINKING IT'S A GREAT IDEA TO MAKE THEIR ENTIRE PHONE BE ONE GIANT SCREEN THAT WILL CRACK
IF YOU DON'T LIKE PLASTIC GIVE ME A FUCKING METAL PHONE YOU GIGAKIKES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1525748282626.jpg (1201x884, 618K)

Based retardbro.

You're wrong, 600mhz spectrum has 4G and 5G but on different frequencies, B71 support doesn't mean 5G support. Do some research before spewing out this bullshit.

Stop dropping your phone, nigger it's not hard.

increased sales from back glass repairs / covers

Main differences between the K20pro and a MiMix 3 ?

I was thinking about geting a mi mix 3 for the meme slide action

Men break their phones more commonly than women, because they tend to keep it in a pocket as opposed to a purse. Men just tend to fix the damage faster than women, who generally just accept the damage and move on.

Almost every friend I have that's all like "just don't drop it bro lmao" ended up with a cracked screen, and/or replace their phones every year or so and therefore don't even care about cracking a screen.
If you use a phone for ~4 years, and frequently use it over concrete, stone paving, and hard tiles, there's a very good chance it's going to fall and crack. You don't have to be in any way clumsy, you just have to not consciously be super careful and never use it in dangerous situations and stuff. I'd rather have peace of mind at all times than a shinier backplate.

Metal backs are demonstrably worse than glass and plastic, and as 5G comes along it becomes unusable. Glass has the premium desirability that the market apparently demands, because plastic became a four letter word

Will price of huawei decrease due to all this ban shit? I'm thinking of getting a p30 pro if price decreases even if shit goes sideways with the new os i can still get a decent camera

Attached: images (37).jpg (378x480, 24K)

NO fucktard that's dependent on how TMOBILE utilizes the tower in that area, THEY'RE the ones that decide if they will be providing 4g or 5g band 71 in a given area, the phone will connect as whatever it is in the area. God FUCKING damn you're dumb.

>I'm thinking of getting a p30 pro if price decreases
Same here.
And I don't care if shit goes sideways, people will find a way to put a custom rom on it if that happens.

A phone won't connect to 5G if it doesn't support 5G technology. 600mhz 4G isn't the same as 6000mhz 5G. Qualcomm's Snapdragon X55 modem is the first to support 600mhz 5G and it isn't in a single phone yet:
techradar.com/news/t-mobile-5g-phones

I bet you believe AT&T's 5GE is real 5G too

This is fucking dumb logic, my buddy's wife outright breaks her phone 3-4 times a year, meanwhile I don't know any men who have ever dropped a phone and broke it in my life. My autistic brother has had the same phone for fucking 6 years, and my sister has destroyed 5 phones in that time frame.

Women are infinitely clumsier and drop their phones left and right. Men might be more likely to have minor damage like dust and shit from their pocket but they're not utter brainlets like women who literally cannot hold onto a phone while they're using it. In addition, women are more likely to engage in high risk behavior, such as drunk selfies in large crowds where the phone is exposed to risk of being knocked out of her hands.

Women are complete retards with phones and break them a ton more frequently than men. Fucking think it through.

Attached: dxl2ui5v2r611.jpg (900x900, 83K)

>Metal backs are demonstrably worse than glass and plastic
How so?
>as 5G comes along it becomes unusable
Completely irrelevant until 4G phones stop being made. Which I hope isn't soon because for a while 5G is gonna have jacked up pricing due to being the shiny new thing, and I have absolutely no use for it. Anyway right now I don't think true 5G is rolled out anywhere yet, except maybe in a few test towers in the US.
>Glass has the premium desirability that the market apparently demands
Can't argue there. Fuck the shitty market.
Why is it that business laptops have a market, but phones which aren't fashion accessories are all consigned to being amateur low-volume projects that cost treble their worth because of a complete lack of economy of scale? Fuck the shitty market.

No, I bet you already got corrected on that one too though by the sense of projection.

*same as 600mhz 5G

>Amoled
>no notch
Looks great.

What's the price? When can I buy it?
k20

>My anecdotal evidence is objective

Imagine typing all that without actually considering spending half a second checking if you're just letting your biases rule your mind.

blog.puls.com/battle-of-the-genders-cell-phone-damage-report

cleveland.com/business/2014/09/men_much_more_likely_to_lose_s.html

Attached: infographic-break.jpg (630x890, 240K)

Buy a case

T-Mobile can thus enable 5G "with the flip of a switch without having to touch towers twice," the company said last year.
t-mobile.com/news/tmobile-600mhz
arstechnica.com/information-technology/2018/06/new-t-mobile-upgrade-may-boost-your-coverage-if-you-have-the-right-phone/

Try not to be utterly fucking retarded next time, fucktard bros.

>is it justified to be paranoid about stock ROM?
Well, some telemetry software is pre-installed and that's been known for quite some time.
>might install LineageOS with microG ASAP
You'd have to patch Lineage OS for signature spoofing though.

Signal can't pass through metal, so antenna design is much more limited and easier to block.

out of my way generic slab fucking shits

Attached: Fxtec-Pro-1-image-2.jpg (1200x900, 197K)

How's your cracked screen iPhone you can't afford to replace treating you?

Imagine not providing evidence that men damage their phone more frequently than women but thinking that you did, instead just providing evidence are more likely to damage their phone in the garage, which is not the same fucking thing, but being so utterly fucking illiterate you believe you're right because you're literally incapable of coherent thought.

>Says right in the link "if you have the right phone"

Exactly, waiting desperately for prices to bomb

>losing your phone=breaking your phone

literally your puny fucktard brain equates that lmfao

That doesn't mean that current 4G phones will be suddenly able to connect to 5G. Not even the Snapdragon X50 5G modem that's in the currently available 5G phones supports 600mhz:
slashgear.com/t-mobile-5g-launch-delay-device-roadmap-25567313/
extremetech.com/mobile/286395-t-mobile-pushes-back-full-5g-rollout-to-late-2019

Most likely

>is something going to flop?
Well, OnePlus has always only been a thing in the US, so, if something is to flop - it's their devices.

YES, THE CORRECT EQUIPMENT MEANING IF YOU HAVE BAND 71 BECAUSE NOT EVER MODEM HAS BAND 71 HOW FUCKING DENSE ARE YOU HOLY FUCK

Imagine seeing the word garage and thinking that's all you needed to know, and then complaining about illiteracy.

Fucking incels.

*supports 600mhz 5G

>Hurr I'm going to pretend the only thing on there is about losing phones

When did Jow Forums get so fucking bad at reading holy shit

You must be an incel if you're projecting that onto me

"Hurr durr men bRaKE tHeY're FONE in the GRAGE and LOSE it means they're MoR lyke to BRAYKE IT in GenRal"
t. literally you

>T-Mobile can thus enable 5G
Tmobile uses fake 5g. "5G E" is just improved 4g.

If it's near that it's way too steep. Around $300 is the cutoff for a chinkphone for me.

You're literally illiterate, it never says men are more likely overall to break the phone, but they're more likely to lose it and more likely to break it in the garage. Women are more likely to break it in the bathroom. Then it says 18-24 year olds are more likely to break it, nothing about men being more likely to break it

I know you're way too fucking retarded to read or follow this so I'm wasting my time but just understand you cannot read and your reading comprehension is astonishingly atrocious and you should consider suicide.

There is no way my one play 6t will ever get a speed boost and I checked it supports band 71 but it's not 5g so it won't fucking work