How much cheaper would high-end motherboards be if they skimped or dropped onboard audio altogether...

how much cheaper would high-end motherboards be if they skimped or dropped onboard audio altogether? seeing shit like MAXIMUM HI-FI AUDIO is cringe in itself, but what kind of person drops $300 on a motherboard and doesn't have an external DAC?

Attached: 4-2[1].jpg (485x485, 41K)

Not much. Even the "high end" ones are actually really cheap.
Get a soundcard in an external PCIe enclosure or a Thunderbolt DAC.

probably 10$

Not much I'm afraid since they skimp out on audio all the time with onboard.

there's barely any hardware to audio

$2 more or less exactly

Attached: 1556406660147.png (254x149, 20K)

DESU the onboard audio isn't that bad for pleb level headphones. If you've bought anything good enough to hear how shitty it in fact is you should've better upgraded

Glued my external amp+dac to the motherboard now I have great onboard audio!

me.
3rd worlders in general.
audio stuff is prohibitively expensive down here. and hard to find.
even you're cheapo 50 bux dacs would be about 200+ usd for us, usually 4x more expensive or even more since greedy retailers know they're the only ones selling that shit. 6x vs the original price in usd comparared against amazon for instance isn't that much of stretch.

A dollar or less.

Four dollars or so

> what kind of person drops $300 on a motherboard and doesn't have an external DAC?
One that isn't into what is mostly audiophile placebo. Sure, you can create situations where you even need that DAC, but that isn't really clever.

Nope, unless you *literally* live somewhere without running water and postal service, even ordering from China with import tax is never going to be more expensive than 30% more compared to someone who doesn't live in a 3rd world shithole.

why you so mean?
s-stop bullying me.
=(

Attached: 1535053997138.jpg (500x346, 33K)

probably not much, maybe a small licensing cost if they use something like creative maybe

otherwise probably a few dollars

Wrong.
Just go to the worse shithole that exists in this world, Brazil. Here you not only pay 60% of the price of the product + shipping in taxes, you will also have to pay another 2 different taxes that will be around +20% just in order to import it.
At the end a 50 USD product will cost around 100~ USD just to import it. And of course, since its a third world shithole a simple DAC costs around half monthly minimum wage here.
This shithole needs to be nuked, too much niggers and brain dead people here.

Here in Brazil our import taxes basically double the price of the stuff that you bought, so for a $100 order you have to pay $190 when it arrives in Brazil.

Why would I buy an external DAC if even fairly cheap motherboards include "Super HiFi Quad DAC Magic Musicâ„¢ Technology"? Anything past motherboard audio these days is audiophile tier.

I knew someone in college who's uncle would send them to "visit" in brazil. Everytime she went her 3-4 cell phone "dissapeared".
loool.

>Even the "high end" ones are actually really cheap.
Bow down to be blue sea spider you peasant

Is that why the Brazilians shop so much here in Miami? To sneak the stuff back in their bag and avoid the tax?

Probably literally the same chips in the externals as they put in the internals.

They'll stop needing them when they drop the headphone jack.