Previous thread
>Read
>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSC?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Attached: wavingorpossiblybeginningtodabonitoddlers.png (1000x1539, 1.73M)

Other urls found in this thread:

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Antergos-EOL
hydrusnetwork.github.io/hydrus/help/access_keys.html
warosu.org/g/thread/S71097092#p71100547
mediafire.com/folder/yoy1dx6or0tnr/tag_archives
adapter-laptop.com/ac-power-adapter/3782-samsung-np900x3f-k02pl-ac-power-adapter-charger-cord-40w.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqYv9zLe94gIVUw4rCh3IXgbWEAQYASABEgL0mPD_BwE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

what's 1+1?

Attached: 1556364256676.gif (500x281, 2.75M)

Does a CPU and GPU bottleneck produce the same results?

what do if my touchpad isn't working after antergos installation?

Install something else. Antergos is shutting down soon.

>antergos

i thought this was a bully-free zone

Attached: 1549349955941.jpg (544x442, 21K)

Do I buy a 3900X or pick up discounted a 2700X after 7/7?

For some reasons i have to access a torrent site by a proxy website.
If i do that, qbittorrent doesnt 'catch' magnet links.
How can i clean magnet links under a proxy?
Thanks.

I want another browser after Firefox no longer allows me to disable Multiprocess
Is chrome the only viable choice?

Do I try rooting before doing anything else on a new phone? I've only rooted a phone once before but that was way after I had it and I had to downgrade the cfw then root. Pixel 3a by the way.

I wasn't trying to bully though.
Antergos really is shutting down.
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Antergos-EOL

Did I correctly mount the iso image to this flash drive? I've been trying to install arch, however when I thought I was finished installing it, arch would not boot unless the flash drive was inserted. I assumed that I either put the iso on the usb incorrectly or I just fugged up on the arch installation process.

Attached: Screenshot.png (1280x800, 111K)

A miserable pile of numbers.

ah yes, I was just joking desu. but are non-rolling-release distros that bad? anyways, the problem might not be the distro itself, so I would really appreciate any tips of what I could do to in order to get it working properly

Is 80c safe for a 1660?

My 1660 is regularly at 90 to 95% usage and caps out at 78 to 80c, while my i5 9400 stops at about 65c.

Hola /sqt/, I'm just getting started using Hydrus. So far it seems pretty cool, but the public tag repo's account referenced here: hydrusnetwork.github.io/hydrus/help/access_keys.html seems to be maxed out.

Is there a way I can generate a new account, or is there a different public tag repo I can use for downloading tags? Thanks guys.

Attached: 1549323087660.jpg (830x854, 79K)

what's a mixtape.moe alternative to upload webms

tried firefox esr?

warosu.org/g/thread/S71097092#p71100547

anybody know a good way for me to find cydia repos for iOS 6?
Looking to turn my old iPad 2 into something remotely useful.

check the additional drivers thing and see if your touchpad is detected/has a driver available. if not you'll need to find what driver you need(the generic synaptic one should work) and if it's not in the repos/aur then compile it from source

I bought a long DVI cable to connect my comptuer to a large TV screen and it is making a weird squeaky noise (sort of like an unending "beeeep") when I turn on the computer
It's barely noticable but I'm afraid it might damage my GPU

I tried Googling but I haven't found anyone who has a similar problem, any tips?

Attached: 81wY3seEr7L._SX425_[1].jpg (425x289, 17K)

you probably would 've been better off getting a cheap android stick/box and hooking that to the tv and doing stuff wireless

during the chroot section of the arch install you're supposed to install and configure a bootloader (like grub or refind)
if one doesn't exist your bios will try to boot the next best thing, are you sure it wasn't ending up at your install media? or maybe you somehow configured the bootloader to be on it?

is there any way to get rid of these

every time i delete them they reappear

Attached: ss (2019-05-27 at 07.17.28).png (209x128, 5K)

How can i stop those stupid windows update ?

I googled it and it worked for a time but this bitch came back

nope, it's a feature

Install Gentoo

I have constantly had this issue in Firefox and only in Firefox ever since I "upgraded" from v51.

Often when I go to click and drag inside FF (highlighting text, dragging a link/image etc.) I wind up dragging something I had previously clicked on. So let's say that I had clicked on an image on the same page a minute ago, but now I wish to highlight some text. Instead of highlighting the text I will instead find myself dragging the image around even though it wasn't highlighted or anything.

What the fuck is causing this and how do I fix it? I never have this issue if I use Chrome, but Chrome is gay, so I don't want to switch.

Attached: 1553078736807.jpg (713x767, 83K)

Probably just choke whine from the video card, which would be a shitty design oversight but usually not dangerous. Could also be a ground loop between the TV and video card. Try plugging a display into the same outlet / power strip as your PC and see if it still happens.

I don't know about this fren, i have never usef linux.

Anybody know a good bitcoin laundry? There's something called OnionWallet listed on the hidden wiki but I'm not sure how to be certain it's not a scam.

Attached: dboon.jpg (286x345, 22K)

I want to learn how to code. Where can I start? Any book? Online courses? I am starting from square one. The reason I want to do it is because I don't want to end up useless like boomers who never learned how to use computers.

Attached: 556F5508-478B-4B9C-BA88-552D4AA4B28B.png (640x640, 11K)

What's your OS?

Are refurbished PCs worth buying?
Thinking about getting this.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-27-21-08-06-1.png (707x759, 218K)

I have a Mac computer. It was donated to me so I use it because I am job hunting right now and can't afford to buy anything else

How do I post code snippets?

Attached: 1558843755020.jpg (658x901, 71K)

android cellphone will not unlock with correct password
correct password is entered, screen goes black then returns to the lock screen (if an incorrect password is entered it says incorrect password and nothing happens)
primary unlock method is fingerprints which work but it's currently in a security check requiring the alternative unlock method (pw)
restart/shutdown then completing the pw prompt does the same thing

wtf do i do

find something you want to change in something and look at the source code. look at scripts, mods, smaller things rather than big things. its a lot easier to understand the concepts when they are contained within something rather than just raw abstract code by itself.

online courses can teach you the fundimentals but they assume you're retarded. you'll learn a lot more if you try and do things like 'how do i change this script in fallout and what happens' and push yourself to learn more

a similar thing happened to my 2013 moto x after i had it for 4 years. it just stopped working with the password. after i wiped it it didn't connect to wifi anymore and started having weird problems that didn't make any sense and apparently weird stuff happens with phones whose memory chips have started corrupting. it was a 4 year old phone so i kind of let it be

what phone is it

Use the code tag.
[co.de](remove the periods)[/co.de]

I have a VM with Windows 10 LTSC installed and I want to fill it with malware until it no longer boots because why the fuck not.
1. What's a good way to infect it
2. What should I disable to prevent the host OS from getting affected?

Attached: 1534350749621.jpg (598x960, 67K)

Thank u

>online courses can teach you the fundimentals but they assume you're retarded.

Online courses it is thanks user

Attached: 6C8D42BB-EC83-4727-8977-6AC0A07E4978.jpg (125x93, 3K)

s9+
most of the google results suggest using your alternative unlock method (duh?) but upon further looking there's some suggestions to use your samsung account (who the fuck knows what that pw was) to unlock the device but to reset that i need to get into my email which i can't without my phone. i just got kicked out and my emergency login credentials are who knows where if they even exist anymore and my old cellphone which should still be logged is in dead with a dead charging port
so rip i guess

I know my company monitors internet activity, but if I'm using https still shows the domain, but it won't show things that I searched for on google right or videos I watched on youtube? they just know I went to those sites, right?

Gotta be way more specific about the exact situation.

1. Download and install cracked software from TPB.
2. Your host OS should be fine, besides using a lot of CPU if that's what your viruses do. No one writes viruses for general distribution that try to break out of a VM, because it's such an incredibly uncommon scenario.

I'm trying to install TWRP but it just stops here
The guide shows the command line taking 1.127 seconds to do this but it's doing absolutely nothing here

Attached: fgjcfhjfdhcgjft.png (934x129, 11K)

Refurbished mini towers can be pretty great. Refurbished SFF has a high instance of proprietary motherboards and PSUs. Only useful if you want to use them as-is or with very modest upgrades, or you're OK with loose parts all over.

Can you compile fresh Chromium for Windows XP?
If not, why?

Attached: 1525655190720s.jpg (250x250, 8K)

I guess that's what I did. It was most likely me just being an utter brainlette, I'll try installing it again with keeping what you said in mind. I have just been using Linux Mint but I really want to switch over to Arch. Thanks for the help, user.

Attached: stevejobsgentoo.png (800x973, 963K)

Start withe assembly

Anyone else feel google has gotten worse at figuring out based on your search what you're looking for? I get so much unrelated bullshit that has nothing to do with what I'm looking for, and I feel that wasnt the case 3 years ago.

You will have to wait.
Here some tag archives you can use instead: mediafire.com/folder/yoy1dx6or0tnr/tag_archives

Read the sticky, faggot

Attached: 1539962350831.jpg (499x500, 29K)

this is the correct answer

If my PC lacks Bluetooth, can I use an android phone as a bluetooth dongle?

Does other stuff work? Open task manager, kill explorer.exe , press windows + r and run a new explorer to see if it is resolved.

My desktop computer takes like 4 minutes to restart but if I shutdown and turn it on again it takes no time. What could be causing this? I have my OS installed on my SSD which is about half way full is that it?

Daemon tools wants money now? Was it always this way? I need a free alternitive pls

they're usually great, just pay attention to the grade, and check out the seller rating and look at any complaints people have with the seller

I'm trying to set up dnscrypt-proxy on my openSUSE Tumbleweed system, but it's proving difficult.

I can run dnscrypt-proxy fine after installing it from the official repo, but it I'm not convinced it's working properly since 'nmcli dev show | grep DNS' will show the default resolv.conf values even if I remove resolv.conf, replace it with what's recommended on the github wiki, stop and mask systemd-resolved (which will start again regardless), and even go so far as changing 'NETCONFIG_DNS_POLICY=""' in /etc/sysconfig/network/config.

It seems DNS is tightly knit to systemd and NetworkManager. I suppose I could go to ipv4 in the configuration for the specific network I'm connected to and set the DNS to 127.0.0.1 there, but that's such a pleb solution, and I'm not even sure that would work.

What do I do here to make this work properly and not break my system in the process?

Need a new wifi adapter. What's the best dual-band wifi adapter on the market?

Attached: 1503256127530.gif (180x180, 1.31M)

>I have my OS installed on my SSD which is about half way full is that it?
I've never heard of this, and I'm not sure what could be causing it, but I'm pretty sure this has nothing to do with it.

I think I'm gonna do it bros

What the hell is going on with this battery drain?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-28-05-43-50-645_com.miui.securitycenter.png (1080x2160, 71K)

so I should have done more research. sent some small amount to a site called Hidden Wallet, also on the wiki front page, and the withdrawal function doesn't work. found some forum pages saying it is in fact a scam. there's something like four wallet/mixer sites listed there including that one and they're all basically copies of one another.

guys i am beyond neanderthal when it comes to computers. it so happens, the tip of my laptop charger decided to snap off and i need to purchase a new one. my laptop is samsung 900x model 0: NP900x3f, would this charger be compatible?

adapter-laptop.com/ac-power-adapter/3782-samsung-np900x3f-k02pl-ac-power-adapter-charger-cord-40w.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqYv9zLe94gIVUw4rCh3IXgbWEAQYASABEgL0mPD_BwE

My torrent went from 55KiB/s over the past 30mins to 6.0MiB/s in the span of a second. Why did this happen? qBittorent says the torrent has 473 seeds and 14 peers. I'm new to torrenting and still have a long way to go to understand everything

Attached: owo.jpg (1032x407, 49K)

I have a follow up to my retarded question. What would be a good online course? Do any of you have any experience with any of them? Which do you recommend?

WinCDEmu

Attached: 1528048055193.png (853x480, 343K)

I just started using Final IK.
Does anyone know how I can learn to cast rays to find IK targets in order to ultimately script walking movement for 3-legged models?
Tutorials/documentation?

I'm going to try the general "Inverse Kinematics Unity" tutorials; I'm just not sure if I'm wasting my time because maybe I need more specific documentation for 3-legged model coding.

Attached: MMask.jpg (616x353, 49K)

Sup funboys, pulled an old Toshiba Satellite out of the closet and feel like getting it working again, HDD seems fucked.
I see on ebay there's loads of 40gb IDE laptop drives in China for under $10.
Can I pick one of these up and use it? It's been a while since I've done computer stuff.
I mean obviously I won't be able to use the full 40 gigs, but will I be able to format the drive to whatever the max is and then install 3.1 on it?

Attached: 1540418382416.jpg (640x480, 30K)

What exactly do you find unexpected about it? Looks unremarkable to me.

I will ask forever, why when I disable the anchoring feature of Firefox I can not longer solve captchas, I literally have to browse with the about:config shit on a tab to change it since the change is immediate.
Anchoring Enabled: I don't even fucking get captchas, I get the check mark inmediatelly
Anchoring Disabled: Have to solve 20 captchas to post.
In case nobody knows, the new Firefox Anchoring Feature makes impossible to browse 4chin since everytime you open an image or close it you get thrown randomly around the page.

Someone connected to you, and either they or you are capped at that speed for whatever reason. Perfectly normal.

good program for monitoring cpu and gpu temps?

Is it acceptable to bring my wife with me to a job interview? I'm really feeling nervous and I could use her there for the moral support

Are Likebook Mars ereaders good? Thinking of ordering one from aliexpress

SpeedFan. Since you didn't specify I'm assuming Windows.
Is this a fucking bait? No, of course this is not acceptable you moron. Sorry to be harsh in /sqt/, but jesus christ dude how could you even consider this.

I mean you can bring her, but at most she stays in the fucking car. If you bring her into the lobby with you, you're done.

bring her if she's hot, they'll hire you so they can get to her
casually mention you have a polyamorous relationship

hey gang, so i'm running into an issue with this computer my friend is playing on. at seemingly random intervals the computer will either blue screen and they'll have to reboot it, or it will red screen and they will have to reboot it. does anyone have any idea what's going on or how to fix it?

Run memtest for 18 hours and pray that it fails because if it doesn't that means it could be GPU related (red screen?), or worse still, either PSU or motherboard related which is almost impossible to diagnose meaning you'll have to flip a coin on which of those to buy brand new and hope the problem disappears.

oh wow thanks man, that's a great answer even if it's a little spooky.

lol

wait idiot mode question, what do i do if it succeeds?

if memtest86+ doesn't fail, then it's not your ram
random bsod's and lockups could be a lot of things, bad ram, bad cpu, bad gpu, software/driver issue, bad disk, loose cables, bad power supply... basically anything, really
you just have to test and swap out things until it doesn't happen anymore
your best tool for this kind of problem is to find a way to trigger the crashes quickly on demand, this will help you tell when you're on the right path

is there a tool/software that I can use to flash random images on my screen for a couple of seconds then close itself and then repeats until I stop it

not meant to be a virus or anything like that because I'm installing it on my personal computer

Dumb question, but how long does Turbo boost last for a CPU?

And is there anyway to make it constantly at it's max speed without it burning itself to death?

Is there much point in a VPN if I only do a little bit of pirating? How vulnerable is my privacy without a VPN, NordVPN have a sale on so if it's worth it I'll get it

I don't even have a dnscrypt-proxy.toml file on my system. Only a dnscrypt-proxy.conf file which doesn't appear to have the same options.

What's the performance impact of spectre and meltdown on a modern CPU gaming wise?

Is it negligible enough that I shouldn't disable the patches?

Is 80c safe for a 1660?

My 1660 is regularly at 90 to 95% usage and caps out at 78 to 80c, while my i5 9400 stops at about 65c.