Gamedev

So, beginner gamedev, slowly finishing my 1st game.
Lets suppose there are no bugs & low spec requirements.
Lets say its ~ mario + rpg elements (story) + some additional mechanic (like different attacks, powerups).
Lets say its more or less polished (not exactly polished but can easily pass as intended characteristics of the game).
Price 1€, mobile & pc. What numbers i should expect?

Attached: animu_girl_black_background.png (2560x1440, 817K)

Depends mainly on art style. The game can be mechanically great but if it has a shit art style it wont do well. This is a hard thing to gauge offhand using napkin math. Most people will balk at just buying a game outright even if it's 1 dollar. Usually you have to let them demo a level or two worth of content to get them hooked like Angry Bird's did. This has the negative effect of requiring you to make more content, or better yet allow the user base to make content behind the paywall.

Castlevania like graphics, but ofc not perfect as far as consistency goes since i use free assets, all from 1 artist tho. I plan to release a demo with first couple levels.

Ok, bump. Anyone has any idea? How many 0 at least. 10 copies, 100 copies? As far as marketing, best i can do is go on some indie game forums and yt.

Attached: 1511267571747.jpg (1920x1080, 806K)

bout 100 people

Soul crushing

Attached: 1430536307516_1.jpg (1920x1080, 351K)

>mario + rpg elements (story)
user

Attached: pit.jpg (256x228, 23K)

Ok, movement like mario, double jump, dash, melee, ranged attack, mana and hp system, moving platforms, different enemies (about 8). And storytelling by encounters with npc.

you're looking for the word Platform-adventure

It comes down to marketing friend. Short of going viral or being good friends with people who can get you traction in social media/traditional gaming media, I'd say don't expect much.

Thank you kind sir. I'm also looking at number i should expect, and a number i should aim for (therefore, possible but requiring additional effort).

>Game dev
>Name fag
>Asking stupid irrelevant question with no real answer

Attached: faggot-detector.jpg (600x400, 46K)

Don't expect anything if it's your first time, you are setting yourself up for dissapointment.

Get fucked.

shoo redditnigger shoo

>Thank you kind sir
bruh

Attached: sfasgdgtfgdgdfgadg.jpg (360x360, 77K)

Eh, thx, now you all can fuck off, I'll report in a month or two. Until then go suck a dick. Also long dong stands for london you dumb fucks.

Attached: 1529700739876.jpg (1000x1544, 645K)

>Also long dong stands for london
noone asked faggot

>let's say
>let's say
>let's say
fuuuuck off

>I'll report in a month or two
dont bother we dont need to hear about the two people who downloaded the game

Wtf, why would i bother if it's 2 ppl, il be back if it's 100+ if paid or 10k if free. Where is your bran, in you ass or what...

Attached: 316515.jpg (1920x1200, 916K)

What a gay faggot. Hey gay faggot, nobody is going to pay for your gay faggot video game. Ahahahaha.

>I'll be back to brag if i make $100 on my gay faggot game.
Something a big gay faggot would do.

>Where is your bran, in you ass or what...
do you actually talk like that user?

Attached: 385.jpg (317x267, 22K)

>What numbers i should expect?
expect absolutely nothing. it's your first game

Yes, i got retardation virus. Thx for asking.

Yea, i know, just don't want to admit it to myself. Btw. I spent 0 on it, learned something and killed some time so even 1€ will be (in theory) success.

>Thank you kind sir
What a massive faggot LOL

>thx
>sir
rajeet, is that you? stop shitting on the street with your java games!

Attached: 1534224495294.jpg (1000x1000, 78K)

games are all about memes now nobody plays them except to jack off with each other. your entire strategy has to be about getting youtube meme celebrities to play it