How do I get better at programming

how do I get better at programming

Attached: c.jpg (1191x670, 84K)

By programing.

Write your own compiler

Attached: TempleOS_logo.png (650x490, 20K)

im having a hard time remembering all the functions tho

If by "functions" you mean language features then learn a simpler language (like C), if you mean library functions then don't try to memorize them just look them up on the Internet when you need them.

what if i need them during an interview

Attached: 1487425660667.jpg (188x181, 14K)

yeah im having a hard remembering them

During interviews you won't need any functions normally. Most interviews will test your ability to formulate a decent algorithm to a problem

thank you user for the help!

Attached: med_1526197367_image.jpg (500x500, 27K)

you do though

I can’t believe I’m fucking retarded and didn’t study any of this earlier. In high school they told me being an accountant would be an extremely high paying career and then on the first week of class my accounting professor told me not to expect more than $70,000 starting as a CPA and I have nobody but myself to blame because compsci hard to my small person brain.

The obvious advice is You simply program stuff and then you get better at it over time. The fastest way to do this is write features for open source software and try and get your PRs accepted. If you get 2 PRs accepted you're already better than most programming hires if your goal is a slot at some corporation.

I don't know where you live but all the very wealthy individuals where I am (Vancouver, Canada) are accountants for oil companies and shit. Developers get paid sweet fuck all here unless you are working remotely for a US corp and even then it tops out at $100k usually for remote work.

based and terrypilled

Attached: Templeman.gif (320x240, 2.38M)

Learn how to use an IDE and learn how to use libraries.

The difficult stuff has been done by very smart people already, all you have to do is import it and select the correct functions. They're usually aptly named.

If you want to get good faster you need to devote huge chunks of time to it and not procrastinate on Jow Forums

Start with Java and/or Javascript. They will give you a solid foundation to be able to spread into other languages.

Literally this. I guarantee you'll be a senior at least by the time you finish it.

Based

when you're learning, or going back to something you've previously learned. print out a cheat sheet for a language, it saves you looking them up.

so you google c++ cheatsheet. Which will give you basic object syntax. Most of the basic functions, some collections, etc. It's the same for Java, C and others. If you need to look up a return value or what a function does you'll need to look up the function/api header online.

stop being stupid

A decent algorithm using....any random language?

Yeah. I spend my free time building Latex cheat sheets about esoteric things that i found in my projects.