You do know that lisp is the one best programming language, right?

You do know that lisp is the one best programming language, right?

Attached: 1551393123666.png (1080x1576, 1.87M)

brooo, when I was putting tube tuna over my bröd I made a similar logo. Just thought you might like that lil fact. heheh. ;)

totally bro he he he wow thats such a coencidence amirite

stops cum in Remi's coffee

Absolutely
But how do you get your colleagues to not be afraid of it?
We program in Clojure where I work and I'm starting to get the impression people aren't taking to it well

I wrote some code I didn't want random dumbasses touching in LFE. Keeps em out, so they stay in Elixir land

Common Lisp is the most powerful Lisp.

someone post the thing

The more about LISP(s) I learn the more good it seems. But I never take the initiative to try it.

I love lisp, and I sometimes just look at my own code as one would look at a piece of art.
However, I don't know it well enough to justify using it over python. As a graduate student I have some freedom in my choice of language, but if anyone ever asks me "why lisp?", I want to be able to answer. I want to come up with some project that would be impractical to do in python.

Can people tell me more about the meta of lisp?
For instance, the meta of C would consistute the build system, the OS, the package/dependency management, etc.
Thing that are useful in daily development of lisp but are not the language itself (per say)

Do you have preferences/suggestions for lisp oriented tooling? I see people talk about SBCL a good amount. I'm curious what people use for discovering and installing libraries and such.

Okay, i've been bouncing between languages for a while now.

I don't give a shit if lisp isn't a good starting language, i've been language hopping for a while now and nothing has really clicked yet so what's one more language to do basic sorts in?

Convince me that lisp is the end all be all, redpill me so hard I stroke out and die.

Attached: cloudcomputing.jpg (1589x1191, 297K)

it's cool, it's different, but after spending a shit ton of time to write A*, just nope

bathed

>redpill me so hard I stroke out and die
Do I look like Morpheus to you? How about you do your own homework?

>lithp

Is lisp still relevant in todays world?

>want to write simple scripts in Guile instead of bash or python
>the only way to manage files is a C-style API or the ftw module
>file-system-fold takes 8 arguments
Welp, back to hacking in bash.

Use scsh.

Attached: 61036845.jpg (552x520, 16K)

No. In 60+ years of weekly hype attempts by academia and users, it has essentially produced one text editor.

I don't want a shell though, I want an equivalent of python. I also want something widely available that directly interfaces with GNU libs like readline (a major advantage of bash/guile over python.)

And the actual text editor is the worst part of it and requires a plugin to make it behave like vi.

I use Clojure.

Emacs w/ Cider or IntelliJ w/ Cursive for an IDE

Clojurescript for our front-end. shadowcljs or figwheel for compiling Clojure to Clojurescript.

Maven/Leiningen/npm for managing Java/Clojure/Javascript dependencies.

Leiningen for building shit, with a few legacy Makefiles and shell scripts.

For Common Lisp theres quicklisp for libraries, Emacs with SLIME or SLY, and just your preferred Common Lisp implementation.

Overall, it clearly is. I even use an embedded dialect to program my Arduino.
That said, it's not always the best choice in every scenario.

>you will never be a master schemester full of Guile

:[

Be thankful, spend that time learning Common Lisp instead.

Should I learn Lisp if I hate Jews?

Yes, but stay away from CLisp

Gotcha.

Lein also abstracts dependency management so you don't have to work with maven

The manga of the girl coding in lisp?

Attached: anime girl sicp.jpg (825x713, 174K)