How the FUCK did AMD become top dog again? Last time they were good was back in the C2D days

How the FUCK did AMD become top dog again? Last time they were good was back in the C2D days.

Attached: amd-logo-computex-2019.jpg (1200x600, 122K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMD–Chinese_joint_venture
mobileye.com/en-us/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

By not shitting on the consumers with horrible price/performance parts and segmenting the shit out of their lineup?

Because Moore's Law is ending.

Soon Moore's Law will become physically impossible

Last time amd was on top attack of the clones was in theaters.

well i got some really great digits in a post wishing for AMD to be competitive again with intel

Attached: Intel-Jim-Keller.jpg (853x1280, 200K)

How does he do it Jow Forums?? Is there anyone smarter in the industry than Jim ?

That’s probably what did it

The real question is how the FUCK did Intel get away with so many security flaws for SO long?

Ever heard of quantum computing?

I think Jim and Lisa just got lucky, right place at the right time for this very product. If I was schizophrenic, if i was a cyberpunk writer (if i was Phillip H Dick) I would think this was a planned operation of corportate espionage to sabotage intel with spectre/ meltdown/foreshadow all to coincide with the eventual release of 2nd-gen Ryzen.

Attached: cyberpunk2077corporate.png (1152x636, 939K)

im sure intel will announce the new 'cope lake' architecture any day now and blow amd away.

Attached: 1i1o2p0y08bz.jpg (960x504, 94K)

Where are the personal quantum computers though? It was high time the silicon Jews stopped stealing money by just increasing muh transistor count anyways.

They won't appear before we really hit the technological wall of classical chips. Gotta milk that for all it's worth.

>technological wall of classical chips
When will that be? It can't be much longer. 10 years?

They will either be saved by some intel subsidiary, or buy some small promising company and rebrand the shit.
I bet on intel of india saving their butts, but it would be hilarious if was something like brazil.
Intel Hue 8800

Intel literally never made anything better than the Pentium 2 Pro and just kind of souped it up to the limit. The same thing has happened in racing as any /o/ member will attest, certain engines just dominate and then fall behind.

Intel's architecture is 20 years out of date, it's basically an Alpha running X86/X64 in microcode.

Intcel slacking off for over 14 years

Intel started to think money grows on trees.

Based Jim Keller Brap Smeller

>How the FUCK did AMD become top dog again?

Because we caught on to their tricks

Attached: 1557105698492.png (200x200, 26K)

>a dual cpu pentium pro will be more secure and faster than anything intel has produced since, once mitigations are applied
seriously this is something I believe is true

Based shit wrecker

>bentium bro
Nope, just as susceptible.
Need to go back to P5.

Protip: wait for real benchmarks and not the ones manipulated by amd

What goes around comes back around.

Did Based Su save the company? She joined right after bulldozer in 2012.

Attached: RYZE UP.jpg (1000x714, 257K)

Jordan Lobster Peterson's brother in law

it cant be worse than Ryzen 2000 and Ryzen 2000 was great.

What benchmarks have the CPU division ever manipulated?

It works just fine for TSMC and thats the problem. All of Intel's issues come down to their failure to move to the 10nm mode and being stuck with 14nm for multiple generations. All of their security issues can be traced to shortcuts taken to squeeze just a bit more performance out of their old node. Same with the 2-3% IPC improvements for each generation. Intel's chip fab is killing them.

The ones with blender b4 zeb original release

Lisa Su is a real gem, and I am confident in her leadership.
And Keller The Shit Wrecker did a great job on Zen.

>moores law ended 10 years ago with intel releasing only dual core 10 years
Woah is this what Intelshills believe?

>It works just fine for TSMC
Not according to AMD

Attached: amd moore's law.png (713x1767, 355K)

They did it because of Lisa Su

A perfect storm of Intel fucking up, an actually decent CPU and better hardware partnerships.

That said, Ryzen laptops are lagging a lot.

I agree, they do need more work. But for what it's worth, even the 2200U is actually holding up superb in drastic comparison to Intel's offerings.

When the fuck is the nvidia "super" reveal?

TSMC has had 2 node shrinks that aren't on that chart and are preparing for another.

I think the Zen 2 arch will fix the issues in laptops. I imagine it's going to be great performance per watt with a good IPC uplift and tons of threads.

tsmc 10nm is a half node that why amd and nvidia aren't using it

Moore's law is ending.

It's even part of Moore's law. He only predicted out to 2010.

>intel's monopoly is only because of moores law
LMAO

Ditching GloFo certainly helped.

Attached: 1454861825879.png (188x162, 52K)

>tsmc 7nm can't reach 5GHz like Glofo/IBM 7nm

>greentext strawman
You're the one that keeps bringing up Intel.

Moore's law ending has nothing to do with any individual CPU company.

>Moores law ended when Intel became a monopoly and stagnated
WOAH. Is this the magic of Moore's law?

By selling out to the Chinese.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMD–Chinese_joint_venture

Even with the security flaw, how come no one has been hit by anything yet?

Intel became a monopoly in the 90s. Are you 15?

How long to wait to see if there are any issues?

Attached: 1314397641834.jpg (311x837, 33K)

Mommy showing off her cores.

Attached: D7ncOVNUIAANnWs.jpg:orig.jpg (1024x680, 111K)

Mommy posing for a photo with my new Daddies.

Attached: D7ncOVLU0AEXwxq.jpg:orig.jpg (1024x682, 52K)

So is it actually going to be better than what Intel is offering or no?

Yep

yes

It's going to have comparable performance to the current Intel chips, except much cheaper and doesn't involve fire insurance.

It "will" (maybe) be equivalent in single core performance and better in multi core (whatever the fuck that means... cinebench I guess) until Intel chunks prices or releases a better product.

Attached: oh la la mommy sue.png (682x682, 282K)

AMD wasn’t good in the C2D days. Core 2 totally destroyed them. But I am glad they are back in the day. I got a 9980XE a month ago, but upgrading to a 48/64 core TR3 whenever it comes out.

i miss my old athlon

Because to execute these flaws you must be given access to run untrusted code on the machine. Companies don't let untrusted code run on internal machines of any significance. If you are writing malware for PC's there are lots of easier ways to accomplish the same thing.

Intel's next product is Lakefield, promising great performance at the

>what are logarithmic scales on axes?

how? cause this time around intel couldnt bribe the companies for not using amd products

They just sabotaged them from the inside out.

Attached: Raja-Koduri-Joins-Intel-2060x1471.jpg (2060x1471, 308K)

>multi core (whatever the fuck that means

The absolute fucking state of Jow Forums

>back in the C2D days.
*before

At what point do diminishing returns affect thread count, or core count. How many programs even utilize them effectively?

>Ally with the based Taiwanese
>Generally avoid making retarded decisions
>Have almost no j*ws inside your company
>Go for numbers+quality instead of """"""quality""""""
t. Pentium Ivy bridge user

Intel did one thing wrong
They stopped innovating and just started charging arm and a leg for their server CPUs.
AMD made better option for datacenters for quarter of the price, making them de facto CPU manufacturers in that segment.

now that intel hired him
is he going to Make Intel Great Again?

Intel is "great" they're not fully invested in CPU
mobileye makes more revenue than all of AMD combined, and it's for car collision avoidance.
him + AMD's old GPU pajeet are on the GPU department for AI and machine learning for not crashing fucking cars
Jim Keller will be working strictly on the GPUs as machine learning for CPU got destroyed because of all their security issues they have to start over on their CPUs anyway & GPUs make more money, a lot more.
While intel is certainly BTFO in the CPU department, that is the smallest area to make money in

I think he's making mobile stuff.

Nope, see He's doing mobileye, automobile stuff, not mobile stuff.
GPU specifically
mobileye.com/en-us/

CERTIFIED

AMD hasn't been real competition since 2003. Most of Jow Forums were still babies or not even born back then. We truly have gone way back to the ancient times.

What is cloud services

GloFo scrapped their 7nm so it doesn't reach anything.
The IBM stuff is 5nm GAAFET and is unrelated.

>10 years
man we are lucky if we even get to see something like that in our life time

Holyshit. I know amdrones can be pretty stupid. But this is just next level delusional. Do you live in your own world for the last 10 years?

1nm is a dead end. Easily seeing that in our lifetimes

NlGGER

Phenom was better than Nehalem

Beats me..

Attached: 1558992871351.jpg (1200x1077, 238K)

they hit their 2020 goal alright

Attached: 1556585545581.jpg (516x417, 68K)

Jow Forums already existed in 2005 and AMD fanboys were shook as fuck when the first Core 2 Duos rolled out. I wager that this zoomer generation will also be shaken to the core when Intel releases a new CPU, not another 14nm++++++++++++++ CPU.

I remember in 2008-2009 that they were pretty much extinct, with the last holdouts being completely delusional or has diverted their delusions against Nvidia. Intel's Nehalem, Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge pretty much wiped out the AMDinosaurs.

The reason why this board has become uppity lately is that these AMD fanboys who got annihilated a decade ago came back out of their hideout and are chomping at the bit that they waited a decade to beat Intel, 3 generations of Ryzen required and a new 7nm process to beat an old, decrepit and overused 14nm+++++++++++ node.

The reactions were pretty much the same; AMD fanboys initially laughed at the Core 2 Duo, then slowly the Core 2 Duos became better and when the Core 2 Quads showed up they were begging people to buy AMD.

Nice revisionism, faggot, Phenom was good.

Attached: Shanghai.016.jpg (640x480, 166K)

Very stupid question

I don't know much about amd and intel chipwars, but I see a lot of threads here poping up that "Amd has won again" etc.

Is it true or a meme? I can see it's true in the price era.

It seems to be true but amd could be not telling the whole truth. We will just have to wait for 3rd party benchmarks before we know for sure. I personally hope they have pulled it off and am patiently anticipating an intel response. (if there is one at all)

Probably because Intel JEDEC is 2666mhz RAM while Zen 2 is 3200mhz

>far behind a C2Q half a decade later.

Also, I sometimes hear Intel's performance is good for gaming, and AMD is for anything else aka actual work. True??

It is true, during the early 2000s Intel had Pentium 4 and Pentium D that were both inferior to the Athlons AMD had back then.

However with the release of Core 2 Duos and Core 2 Quads Intel immediately wiped out AMD that they could not compete. The first batch of i7s were icing on the cake.

Back then people would shill the E8400, Q6600 and Yorkfield quadcores. Before that the Conroe dual core processors.

AMD is excellent at pretty much everything. Intel struggles in heavy multitasking and other workloads. Gaming+streaming, rendering, using multiple monitors without stutters etc

moore's interview bullshit was never a law... and wasn't based on any scientific facts, just statistics.
also it was revised several times in order to finally have any validity on the actual progress of the silicon.

>amd forced to pay alimony to their GF

well electronics are fast enough already and its good to see more diversity on our planet