You know boolean algebra, right...

You know boolean algebra, right? You would know how to make schematics of a computer from scratch if all of them were to suddenly disappear, right? You're not a mere high-level javascript codemonkey, right, /gee/?

Attached: 1401478012935.jpg (300x300, 61K)

of course, I build my computer from scratch every morning as a warm up before coding

>boolean algebra
That's babby-tier shit. You need to learn transistor logic.

I don't know Boolean algebra, but what ive been doing is getting a rough sketch of all the gates and stuff and then plugging into Wolfram alpha and having them simplify it for me

Transistor logic boils down to boolean algebra, you're glowing

lmao you're basically working double

lol as if you would get anywhere without the also now gone bootstrapped over decades machinery for lithography to actually make something out of your shitty schematics

Attached: Eddowa1.jpg (327x240, 29K)

can i buy transistors, resistors etc from the electronics store, or do i have to make them too?

are you a weakling or something?

>freshman thinks he's hot shit cause he passed some """weed out""" courses

Attached: 1556675090220.jpg (1280x720, 60K)

i couldn't make enough transistors anyway so what's the point

you should at least be able to automatize the making of those, otherwise you're not a really a cool programmer

automate with what?

Imagine if the first computer engineer thought this.

>graduating with BSc CS in 2 months
>realize I still don't know how a computer works
I started looking at grad schools and most of them have a "systems" concentration for their Master's degree programs.
Is that the path I should take?

Attached: 1558226931877.jpg (1280x720, 199K)

Boolean algebras isn’t that hard desu, but I’m a bit rusty from my TA years.

@71149801
>he doesn't know about the magic powers

Attached: 10623393102050421269943251986133350996275191ojpg-7585a7_1280w.jpg (1280x720, 55K)

Man, boolean algebra classes were so fun.

Dumb codemonkey

just quit already, why continue accumulating debt?

>tfw you cannot even understand how to make an XOR gate out of simple logic gates
Someone shoot me.

>American education

Rate my computer, Jow Forums. I don't use XOR gates because if you cannot build a XOR from scratch you're a brainlet.

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-05-27 14-11-18.png (970x442, 77K)

The reason I went into Computer Science was to learn how a computer works.
I've taken Computer Architecture, Operating Systems, Systems Software, Compilers, Automata Theory, Networks, etc. etc. etc...
I've written a compiler and an assembler, I've studied Turing machines and finite automata, I could probably tell you the header format on a IP packet.

But if someone were to ask me "how does a computer work?" I would just stare at them - because I legitimately don't know how to answer that question.

Attached: 1511301953619.png (509x411, 18K)

Being completely honest here and not memeing, people should take electronics first before getting into higher level computing. Starting from top to bottom is a mistake.

Isnt that an electronical engineering question? I mean other than architecture and logic implementation what else is there to a computer if you don't go low enough to where it's just applied physics?

i didn’t take computer architecture and boolean algebra for nothing

Attached: 4E0BE26E-595A-4AB8-9B16-86637243DA9A.png (633x758, 429K)

y..you made it wrong. you can just make it with two ands and an or. the ands have to have opposing not inputs. -AB + A-B

Is that what I need to do?
Pay a visit to the Electrical Engineering department?

Fuck off commie it werks

Not electrical, electronic, although I guess you want to know some stuff about circuits to learn about ICs but all of that is covered in electronics

>trying to fit some arbitrary requirements for the sake of validation
I write code, people like it, I get paid.