They won

Which phase are you in, Jow Forums?

Attached: 1558440812178.jpg (1686x600, 185K)

I moved on almost 2 years ago.

I've accepted our new lord AMD and ready to move on when B550 boards get released.

Oh look, it's the company shitposting thread number 3938374774. Boy, I sure love technology discussions.

The past couple years have been an awesome sight. From 4c/8t to 8c/16t and actual IPC increases at a reasonable price. I can't wait to see where we're at by 2025. We haven't even really done anything with 3D stacked cache yet or hardware level distribution of single threads over all cores/threads. That will solve the problem of devs not wanting to multithread/multicore their shit and uplifting performance dramatically. Zen 3 is going to be nice. :)

I just hope AMD doesn't become the new juice. Not only did they exceed Intel, Intel themselves were caught with their pants down. It will take them a while to catch up.

I'm legitimately impressed that they plan to release a product that supposedly gets 1% faster single core speed in one synthetic benchmark.

Its the closest AMD has been to being competitive in over a decade.

>just wait

lol jk Intel will just release something better

But 9600k still pest cpu for gaming

I'm still using an X5680 and haven't bought a brand new CPU since 2008 so I don't really care except for all of the shill threads shitting up the catalog 24/7 and making it harder to find actually worthwhile topics.

Intel is literally fucked because they will be stuck on 14nm for at least another year.

You say that but its never the case.

14nm from Intel > 7nm from amd

hahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

I know rite?
How can AMD be so shit its unreal.

Posted from my 14nm laptop that has desktop performance and 10+ hours battery life while being the thinnest laptop on the market.

That's not how you wear a cap. Are you delinquents?
You don't wear a cap, anyway. Wear a beret or a top hat if you have to.

Why would you be brand loyal for something you upgrade so infrequently? You can just buy whatever is best when you upgrade.

I'm in the phase where I'm waiting 7 years for Epyc servers to get sold for cheap on ebay. Nobody makes laptops that don't fall for the thin meme anymore. I'll keep using old thinkpads with Intel chips inside them until they do. I'm not manchild so I'm not in the market for desktop. Things are really boring except for getting to watch a JUST company get caught with their pants down due to Jewish hubris.

Do people think they have any actual influence? What a waste of time.

>Intel will just release something better
Intel has nothing more than skylake refreshes until like 2021 for the desktop.

be me
>start reading /g about year ago
>already use linux since 2016
>start playing around with different distros
>october 2018 install arch
>december go back to debian
>march 2019 try installing gentoo
>april 2019 install gentoo alongside debian
>may 2019 get thinkpad t450
>immediately start thinking about second one to run macos on
im fucked up

>That will solve the problem of devs not wanting to multithread/multicore their shit
why does everyone assume devs won't do it just because they don't want to or because it's difficult? the majority of problems computers solve cannot be made faster by throwing concurrency at it. i wish people would stop sperging about smp like it was a cure all to every performance issue.

250w says hello.

This won't happen because the majority of shills here or shills in general don't know how their computer works
They escaped /v/ and base their Performance Image of a cpu on fps in gaming and get mad at developers when their cpu doesen't have 100% utilazation

Based

Won what ? I still take the Intel offerings over second gen Ryzen. Third gen ryzen still needs to compete with the upcoming Intel cpus.

I always liked them because they made great stuff for poor kids getting into PC building, now they've grown to actually really competing with them. This also means the early gen ryzen processors will be much more affordable.

i switched to AMD in 2006

anyone got that picture of the man in a stadium with a cap on backwards, shading his eyes with his hand?

I bought a Thinkpad 25 and with all the mitigations it’s now slower than my old Thinkpad T420. I will never, ever buy Intel again.

Except that they've been trying to get 10nm for several years now, and they just keep saying "oh well we'll get it next year we promise" every year.

Probably between 3-4.
I should have learned my lesson two years ago when Ryzen dropped but I ended up buying a new machine and I got fucked over by this ZombieLoad, LazyFP, ForeShadow, and all of these other vulns one after another.

I'm scared to update to 1903 because the potential to lose more but I don't want to get ransomeware'd.

Feels bad bros.

Attached: whyme.jpg (1024x682, 172K)

later this year when I have some money saved up I'll probably build my first amd desktop since ~2003

>man in a stadium with a cap on backwards, shading his eyes with his hand
yeah the second fucking result on google images has it

Attached: Untitled.png (996x508, 462K)

heh, i tried searching for it, but not with this particular text

Attached: 0ku91rfylnz21.jpg (828x810, 38K)

As long as my 2500k is still rocking solid @4.8Ghz , I don’t see the need to upgrade to AMD

Attached: spurdo.jpg (960x720, 83K)

>4 cores
It's like you enjoy being a corelet

>1% faster single core speed

At half the price, that's called progress.

>newfags weren't here during 2003-2006

This one right here.

>Jow Forums
>2003
>technology
I don't think you were either...

I'm at 1600 4.GHz since it launched. Might upgrade to an 8core.

Attached: 1524777261165.gif (900x300, 48K)

delid dis

The "the pre-ordering the ryzen 7 3800x" phase

Jow Forums was already here in 2004, Jow Forums - Technology one year later; not to be confused with the very old Guro board

2003-2006 was when AMD was at its peak, you had more AMDrones back then than in 2019

I've been enlightened amd I know that AMD is truly better. But since I wont be buying a CPU for at least 5-10 years it doesn't matter at all.

get fucked tripfag

In the "my work software recommends an intel ""or equivalent"" cpu and I have nobody to test how well it runs on an amd cpu and I'll stick to my 7600k for a while longer anyway" phase

@71150951
>this literal hasbara kike is still here
>still shamelessly sperging out like his fellow shills
>still an absolute faggot
neck yourself

Attached: 1558929572409.jpg (2053x1025, 220K)

based

Fucking brutal

FUCK OFF SAWAKO

I never used an intel CPU

Industry standard doesn't matter
Unless they ((((patch)))) Cinebench :)

i'm in the phase of not giving a shit and just usin my computer, fuck off shill

2500k please go

idk any of that nerdy shit i'm a 4690k pleb

I thought AMDrones were a relative recent phenomenon thanks to reddit

They weren't called AMDrones, just AMDfags

Especially retards who owned Faildozer and Faildriver

These owners are so happy that AMD is back and are making up for lost time

my Intel cpu still works
I'm not a fanboy of a computer part manufacturer, fucking nerds

nice spacing

wasn't it a guro board in 2003?

Go back there, faggot.

Go back to plebbit you fucking shills

Moving on. But switch amd and Intel.

Intel is at core2duo IPC now, god I love 2006 performance

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: 1558938596720.jpg (998x485, 45K)

I'm a AMD boi since the begining.