Computer science vs computer engineering: which one generally has more job & career opportunity and is more flexible?

Computer science vs computer engineering: which one generally has more job & career opportunity and is more flexible?

Attached: C1.png (1859x1047, 113K)

>CS
>Doctoral or professional degree
>CE
>Bachelors
the fuck?

EE = god
CE = based
CS = code monkey

Doesn't really matter desu, pick either

EE if you're not a brainlet. CS is a shit program and any company worth it's salt will favour Math/Stats/Engineering over it.

Both cuck positions where the based business degree chad boss gets to come into your office after sniffing cocaine out of a hookers asshole on his midday boat joyride and tell you wagecucks to get the fuck back to work so he can upgrade his boat next year.

As much as i admire engineers in general i would say scientist are superior
They are even super pleasant to talk to

You visit to much 4channel, you need to meet people more often

It doesn't matter, both will end stuck writing javashit CRUDs running in Windows Server 2012 or some ancient version of Red Hat.

no please god no

Theres no difference between "computer scientist" "software engineer" & "software developer".
In an ideal world there would be, but reality is that people (& universities) basically use the terms interchangeably or inconsistently.
Ive seen front end css devs call themselves "software engineers" & "computer scientist" while low level os & compiler devs just call themselves mere "software developers"

It's true

In some countries like Canada engineers get absolutely buttmad about the title 'engineer'. I guess it's the only thing they have to be proud about other than their iron cock ring considering their pathetic shit tier wages and foreign worker importing prime minister. God forgive them if they are a petroleum engineer.

Jesus fuck! Its better just to dabble and be a BSA.

one of the guys I was in class with got a degree in petroleum engineering, he couldn't find a job so he went back for a masters in CS

None go into medicine and be a real chad

>trying to meme people into giving up half of their salary while also studying more difficult stuff
Did you get memed into EE as well, or are you just doing it out of spite?

CS has at least realized that innovation is more about abstraction and ideas rather than just making a better tool than the last guy. CE is literally just retards who are throwing bigger and bigger hammers at the exact same problem that only needed a screwdriver to begin with.

Thats cute but your CS degree isn't getting you anywhere unless you have an anime based github profile.

ECE(Electronics and Comm Engineering) is the next mega trend. You can shift your prioroties into coding, electronics or whatever you like once you have a degree in this.

Attached: 1553130963177.png (1179x897, 299K)

computer """science""" is literally math for brainlets and will never get 300k starting wage

I just got the oportunity of a scholarship, but I can only choose careers with few applicants, so software engineering is out of the question.

Should I go for Mechanical or Electrical Engineering? Are those unpopular because they pay like shit? Should I go for some easy bullshit like Marketing or Business Administration?

Attached: 1557551030653.gif (480x264, 1.54M)

This, but unironically. I did a PhD in CS, and I'm currently working as a embedded- and systems software developer, and I have done FPGA stuff in the past. The distinction between CE and CS is meaningless if you attend a decent university with electable courses.

>github profile
Maybe if you want to work at startups, but FAANG couldn't care less about your github.

Your best bet is EE, if you're smart and disciplined enough to actually graduate, and then just becoming a software developer anyway. Pretty much all companies consider related majors (math, EE, often even physics) acceptable, and EE is the closest one. And if you want get into low level stuff, it's the best major for that, actually. Though low level stuff pays a bit less.
Don't take retarded shit like marketing, it's basically an useless degree.

It'll get more than the NEET bux you have.

Not him, but I'd pick an interesting startup over FAANG any day. And I can confirm that startups do look at github, I've had three serious job offers because some CTO has discovered one of my repos.

Are "computer engineering" and "computer scientist" even real things? Literally never seen them be used. Like sure, I studied computer science, but I'm not a "computer scientist" title, it's usually more specific ie. software developer, database engineer etc.

>go into medicine and be a real chad

My gf is in medicine, it's literally all just middle easterners, chinks, women and gays

>be a real chad

kek

A "computer scientist" is a full-time researcher, usually in academia. It's not a profession, like the pic in OP implies.

CS from top school > CE > CS from mediocre school

One's creates new shit another one creates stupid layers of abstraction for said new things.

Don't try to placate yourself by making others fell for the same pothole as yours

Attached: 1556161890444.png (444x470, 178K)