Why does Jow Forums hate YIFY?

Why does Jow Forums hate YIFY?

Attached: 7u.png (349x144, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

yts.am/,
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't. I hate people who claim YIFY encodes are high quality.

Because they abuse gullible people who think their 1080p yiffy encodes are good when they look worse than most decent 720p ones.

The real YIFY is retired from the scene btw.
The /current/ YIFY are just a bunch of 'tards using
someone else's brand popularity.

me too

It's low quality garbage.

I don't
I love to yiff

Because I have functioning eyes and ears. And I don't enjoy having my senses raped by the trash that is YIFI.

It's high quality, just not Blu-ray quality... Claiming that it's not high is elitist bullshit.

The people that browse this board... Fuck.

Attached: 1556676840189.jpg (250x208, 6K)

>the people that disagree with me...
>fug.

Attached: 16d.jpg (480x360, 11K)

Not really. It's acceptable for most people.

Me disagreeing is one thing, you not understanding anything about video encoding is another.

>It's high quality

It really isn't for two reasons:
1) The bitrate used at a 1080p resolution is extremely low, also known as bitstrarved. Anyone professionally working with H.264 will tell you that you need 4-5Mbps bitrate at the very minimum to get acceptable levels of quality at a 1080p resolution that most people can live with. If you want good quality, you will need to be in the 8-16 Mbps bitrate range depending on the source.

2) YIFY uses extremely fast x264 presets. This means encodes are done very fast at a cost of quality. The more time you allow x264 to analyze, the better the quality will be at any bitrate. YIFY was probably encoding on a low powder laptop so couldn't use proper encoding settings.

Picture attached is a screengrab from a YIFY encode. As you can see, the low bitrate causes a washed out vaseline like effect.

Attached: Inception.2010.1080p.BrRip.x264.YIFY-012.png (1920x800, 1.69M)

Forgot to mention that YIFY uses a bitrate of 1.5-2Mbps for their 1080p encodes. H.264 was never designed to deal with such low bitrates at a 1080p resolution.

I don't hate him.

Where does Jow Forums stand on RARBG? Are they better than YIFY? What about sujaidr? anoXmous?

>Where does Jow Forums stand on RARBG?
Much better.

Is that in motion? Nothing in that is sharp.

Yes, it's during a moving camera shot.

Attached is a more static shot.

Attached: Inception.2010.1080p.BrRip.x264.YIFY-006.png (1920x800, 1.38M)

That's really soft and shit.
Animu gets better treatment than that.

If I'm going to watch something at such low quality I may not even give a shit about the resolution at that point. Fuck me up with some DVD rips or something.

Seriously though it seems like these releases flood the net so people force themselves to buy the real thing to enjoy some quality.

the sound is also inexplicably shit

What? You don't enjoy 32kbs audio which has had its volume level reduced to 10% so you can't hear shit?

YIFY has left the scene a long time ago.

Why no one uses x265?

You will find many of those rips still available though. Popcorn time still exists and points to yify torrents.

dead standard.

Of course you will, but look at the years.
Back then, YIFY was OK when everything better than cam was called "HD" and/or a lot of users were trying to find a reasonable quality with small size.

You mean HEVC?
AVC via x264 is better suited for those looking for high quality or fast encoding speeds. The group of individuals, who want a good quality/size balance for low to moderate bitrates and don't care about more resource intensive encoding, is small. Companies would be a better target audience, but HEVC's patent situation managed to discourage most of them.

>Companies would be a better target audience, but HEVC's patent situation managed to discourage most of them.

Blu-ray uses HEVC for 4K.
Amazon Prime uses HEVC for 4K.
Netflix uses HEVC for 4K.
iTunes store uses HEVC for 4K.

Longer encode times, creates a noticeable painting-like effect, shitty legal situation with no less than three different patent pools, CPU-intensive software decoding and HW decoders aren't as widespread.
It just isn't worth it when h.264 is nearly universally available.

All of them huge companies with armies of lawyers.
Not everyone has the resources to get into legal fights with three (!) different patent pools and countless other patent trolls.

Notice the word "most". 4K is of course one of HEVC's advantages, but that still doesn't make HEVC nearly as widespread as AVC.

My chink cartoons go that low at crf 16

I don't know.
My, x265 slow gets 5.2fps. My x264 veryslow gets 3.2fps. The x265 gives lower size at roughly the same quality.
Dunno mang

I glanced at a few rips. The averages for a 1080p rip:

b:v 2M (x264 of course)
b:a 93-102kbps (2 channels AAC LC)
1080 height is never reached, max 1020, sometimes as low as 800.

I assume 720p rips are unwatchable.

>YIFY uses extremely fast x264 presets
Wouldn't surprise me. Where did you find this info, though?

I have never been on a private tracker but even I can tell that YIFI encodes are shit. I can do better encodes with my GPU encoder lol.

>1080 height is never reached, max 1020, sometimes as low as 800.
That's just with cropped black bars. Most movies are a none 16:9 aspect ratio.

You're right, animation is the exception to the rule.

Whatever happened to aXXo ?

He died with DVD.

Right, I completely overlooked that.
Like the snows of yesteryear, gone from this earth.

I don't hate YIFY. I thought the point behind YIFY was doing speedy releases over quality. I've used it to watch shows (ie, The Americans) just an hour after they aired.

I agree RARBG is much better but IMHO I can't bring myself to hate anyone that is providing me a service for free for the sheer sake of it. It's what the internet should be about.

Anyway, if you want Blue Ray quality just type "Blue Ray" in the seach bar and find an appropiate torrent. The fuck are you people complaining about?

that's real cool and all, but do you even need 4K?

Are you retarded? YIFY releases include Bluray in the torrent name all the time.

>Whatever happened to aXXo ?
stopped posting new torrents around 2009 and disappeared.

Bullshit.

The YIFY title format is usually:
Movie.Title.YIFY.1080p

no hate here, but im amazed he left himself so exposed, and to create his own website was a whole other level of pure retardation. he should have joined a secure scene group and released through them or took greater precautions. sceners i've talked to often complained that his releases were shit quality, and they were right.

Sure thing yify fanboy.

Attached: 773662.jpg (875x399, 384K)

I like them.
720p random shitty friday night movies is the way to go.
Last one I saw was waterworld.

>YIFY.exe

based

srs question, what happened to aXXo?

WHAT
THE
FUCK

What quality are we talking about?

You do realize a lot of uploaders just add YIFY to the name to get more seeders right? I'm talking about their official releases which you can find on yts.am/, not random torrents off google.

Enjoy your trojans faglord.

It's in motion, you don't judge a video by its frame, you judge it by it's movement.
Its good quality if you watch it on a laptop, mobile or hd tv.
If you seriusly care about a movie you go and watch it in a kinoplex

It's not, it's trash.

i don't hate it but the video quality is average at best and the audio quality is complete garbage

when presented with an option i'll download something else

Can I be honest, the shity quality of yifi actually helps the movies. My gf is a huge marvel fan, so we have to go and watch every singe one of those shits. And let me tell you, the quality of their cgi is mindblowingly shit. And not just theirs, every movie looks like it was rendered on a potato back in 2005. I can see the edge between the cgi and the real thing, and it's irritating.

With yifi it's just a blur, so looks way better

If not YIFY then who?

considering how fucking shit cinema is right now, YIFI is absolutely perfect for 99% of movies. I don't need to see Marvel's disgusting half-assed CGI in glorious 4K Bluray quality. If you know you're watching some cinematic masterpiece, go ahead and download some 60GB remux. For any other content Yifi is great

So what do i download then? Please don't say 80gb bluray. Isn't there something out there that isnt the 2gb "1080p" trash but isnt more than 12-14GB's?

Literally any of the other 500+ release groups.

>Isn't there something out there that isnt the 2gb "1080p" trash but isnt more than 12-14GB's?
This is basically what every decent encoding group does. There's dozens of groups releasing encodes like that. Most of them may be on private trackers but most all of their release end up on public tracks eventually.

how is anime getting better encoding treatment than movies?

literally any decent H.265 release group

>decent
>H.265 release group
so nothing?

Because encoding artifacts, banding, etc are hyper-pronounced on anime due to the simple nature of the medium.
It's like using JPEG on an image with large shapes of singular colors and sharp, well defined lines. It makes everything worse. You'd use PNG on that kind of image.

because nobody gives a shit about american 'entertainment'

A: 10
V: 10
Thanks yify

Attached: 1533299133627.jpg (380x349, 32K)

I don't know how many of his encodes I've got, but respect to him.
>Jow Forums should also respect him, even if they don't like him.

>Anyone professionally working with H.264 will tell you that you need 4-5Mbps bitrate at the very minimum to get acceptable levels of quality at a 1080p
Wat?
You need at least 12 Mbps for decent quality, less than that is just blurring the video.
Good quality and minimum blocking starts from 20 Mbps.

>Where did you find this info
Not him but you can often see the preset in ffprobe.

Yiffy is actually Adam from yourmoviesucks

i wouldn't say you need that much
then again, i don't think there's enough of a benefit for 1080p over 720p for a lot of content, either

Attached: 2019-05-29-021606_1920x1080_scrot.png (1920x1080, 2.17M)

-tune animation
Shit actually works. Based weeb x264 developers.

People that begin sentences with "You do realise" are more often than not elitist fucks who think they're better than everyone. Reevaluate your life.

x265 finally added it as well.

but what are better alternatives?

That's a bit of an exaggeration.

I don't like 5Mbps 1080p either but it is acceptable quality for most viewers. Anything lower than that and you get serious issues.

>He doesnt know about megalinks secret club
>x265 hvec high speed downloads
Lmao

bitrate is too low
details n shit lost
i like my rips just like they're released on blurays

Attached: Untitled.png (363x481, 12K)

not a problem to download on 500 mbit/s so /shrug

It's a low quality encode for 1080p.

DVD quality (properly upscaled) is just fine. Anything more is a waste of time and bandwidth to get. At a proper viewing distance you can't really tell any difference.
Fucking idiot kids brainwashed by viral marketing shitlords that 4k is the minimally acceptable shit now. What a joke.

>600kbps bitrate of a 3 hour movie
>1080p
yeah

Who the hell dislikes YIFY? They have A:10 and V:10

>No true Scotman
KYS

>YIFY was probably encoding on a low powder laptop
They use a server.

What's a good public alternative? I don't have the desire to suck someone's dick to join a private tracker.

>DVD quality (properly upscaled) is just fine.
You mean resolution? Because the quality of DVD releases in general is all over the place.

imagine unironically believing anime is quality entertainment

> .exe
fucking hell. are you some kind of moron?
you realise that you're a stupid fucking faggot? no need to re-evaluate your life, just end it.

Fine, so an Intel Atom or ARM powered server.

>YIFY was probably encoding on a low powder laptop
at the begging he was. and the computer used was already around 10yo. must have taken him ages just for one movie back then.

YIFY picked 1) & 3)

Attached: Screenshot 2019-05-28 at 10.20.11.png (1114x312, 41K)

imagine unironically believing is quality entertainment

gtfo furfag

I don't hate them. I do think that the quality is about up there with DVD though and not Blu-ray even though it's got HD res. Nothing is wrong with using H.264 codec or hell even old Xvid. Just crank up the bit rate or file size. The reason the old 700mb limit was even a thing was due to CD-R and slow ass internet speeds at the time. A DVD will have round 5 - 6 megabit, depending on length of film. (Max is like 9.8 but the audio eats into this). A 2TB drive is what like, $80 now? Space is cheap, rip the films right from the start and be happy.