WHEN?

WHEN?

>Hyped for a literal week, then everyone forgot about it
>As important as Pcie 4.0 for future proofing your computer for the next 2-3 years
>Buying a computer without it now, is like whining that USB will never gain popularity in 2000s or buying pentium 4 just before duo core cpus

Attached: aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9FL0QvODI2MDY5L29yaWdpbmFsL0ludGVsLVRodW5kZXJib2x0LTMtU3VwZXJz (1510x1087, 510K)

Nobody cares about this meme dongle selling scheme.

When Intel stops being jews, holding all the cards to it

>Intel gets utterly blown the fuck out
>But guys we stiww have thundewbowt
Fuck off kike

dumb ass it's royalty free

USB 4 is just thunderbolt 3 because it's royalty free now, USB consortium done fucking nothing just waiting lmao

It's shit. Just like USB-c is shit.

>people actively against it
>can do any video out
>macbook pro can do 2x 5k screens or 4x 4k screens
>power in any port
>external GPUs
>can convert to any port with a dongle

> dumb ass it's royalty free
And yet in order to use it, you still have to get certification from Intel.

no, it was handed over to the USB IF

shut the fuck up if you don't know what you're talking about, you clearly just don't like it because it's intel/apple making something good

>macbook

Attached: 764B6E05-E407-4101-A94E-6461DB8481E7.gif (220x216, 39K)

No one cares about this meme cable

USB4 is not actually Thunderbolt 3.
You need Intel certification to use Thunderbolt 3.
Fucking moron.

Is this not just virtuallink again?

>The USB4 specification will be based on the Thunderbolt protocol that Intel has contributed to the USB Promoter Group.
>Meet USB4, which promises to simply the USB naming scheme and integrate the high-bandwidth Thunderbolt 3 specification.
>same 100W PD

also it was handed over to the USB IF so no you don't need intels cert fucking retard. go look at USB 4 and tell what's improved on TB3, they took TB 3 and that's basically it

USB 4 has backwards compatibility with thunderbolt 3 so it's got the same shit, they haven't announced details on display outs and all that but it has the same bandwidth so i doubt anything is different

at the moment the issue is you can get a laptop with 4x USB C and 1 is just power in, 2 are TB 3 and 1 is just USB C data

This is nice and all but until we can get cheap controllers from Realtek et al, AND cheap, reliable active cables TB3 will never take off

How long did it take for USB 3 to become mainstream?

I want everything to use UTP cables, RJ45 termintators and PoE so that I can make my own cables however long or expensive I need them to be.

poe be even more of a failure than PD

>

Fuck i hit post button by mistake
I meant to say more than 3 years