What is the best PC Controller

What is the best PC Controller

Attached: GUEST_1d3e7a61-65b7-40da-8599-385426b13722.jpg (488x488, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Cv-OOn7iYio
onmsft.com/news/xbox-one-controller-was-result-over-100-million-spent-research
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: ps4 controller.jpg (500x500, 25K)

Attached: .jpg (2400x1658, 206K)

This. No other dpad comes close. Somehow.

Didn't know it could be used on PC, thanks.

>Symmetrical
>Mushy buttons that quickly wear down
>Made for chink hands
Only good thing about this controller is the D-pads but Dualshock always had shitty ergonomics. Pic related feels much better in my hands.

>having child's hands
xbox360 controller still hasn't been surpassed.

Forgot pic

Attached: 51v5tj2OHCL._SL1000_.jpg (1000x1000, 58K)

I really like the 360 controller cause it's easy to hold in one hand so I can use the other for the mouse when playing fps games

>shit dpad
>still shit compatibility
Might as well get an Xbone controller.
The only good part of the PS4 controller is the d-pad and they removed it.

Attached: maxresdefault (7).jpg (1280x720, 104K)

Too late bros I already bought it.

Attached: screenshot.61.png (926x346, 49K)

I hope you didn't buy that cable for the controller...

DS3

You don't grip DualShocks like an ape, they rest on the pads of your fingers

I did, to charge it. What's the problem?

It's not going to fit, PS4 controller doesn't have a USB 3 jack...

>micro-b 3.0
just look at the picture man and compare to what your phone probably has

See pic related then look at the cable you purchased...

Attached: Dual-Shock-4-top-view.jpg (855x390, 80K)

You bought a USB 3 micro B cable for a USB 2 micro B device

great thread so far

Get the steam controller too later at some point, it's really handy for certain types of games with limited controller options. You can bind layers for games with loads of keyboard hotkeys and the touch pad is 1:1, where as a controller stick has to travel to aim in games. I have the DS4 too, I use that for platformers or just when I'm in the mood. The DS4 is really nice ergonomically and the buttons feel good.

ah..I'll just use my phone charger then. I needed a spare cable anyway kek

Xbox one

Attached: 1556612859403.png (916x783, 52K)

downright dick suckem level's of controller recommendations - you nuggers don't know whats good

Attached: dreamcast-original-controller-weiss-hkt7700-sega.jpg (800x800, 56K)

it doesn't have a right analog stick

no problem, use the dreamcast styled ps4 controller for games that require a right analog stick

youtube.com/watch?v=Cv-OOn7iYio

Attached: B8hvdxcCIAEgyjW.jpg (599x442, 36K)

xbox360 controller. works right out of the box on linux.

Attached: wp.jpg (768x768, 270K)

lmao, you might as well just use a fucking ps4 controller. white controllers are ugly and the dirt shows up on them more easily.

I'll never understand the appeal in buying white electronics.

Wasn't xbox 360 the one with most compatible games? As far as i kmow it works on almost any game without prior installation of drivers

The buttons feel flimsy compared to Dualshock 2.
Every time I'm using DS4 I feel I'm going to brake it

Attached: iu[1].jpg (320x320, 24K)

Xbox One has shitty "sticky" and loud face buttons and next to no functionality (bluetooth doesn't work on Windows 7 or 8.1, that's how you know it's great). It's plug and play but good luck with directinput shit

DS4 functionality wise is the opposite, you can do a lot of shit with it. However, the analog sticks blow, the d-pad is not clicky and not as good as the DS3 and the battery life is absolutely fucking miserable

DS3 has shitty analog triggers and sticks but it's also fairly easy to setup as a 360 controller on anything and it has a semi decent d-pad (unlike the DS4) and buttons

8bitdo controllers are pretty decent except for durability, they die quickly but they're pretty fucking good for anything that doesn't require every functionality of the 360 controller (because they don't have analog triggers)

The 360 controller is an overrated piece of trash, it's comfortable and the analog triggers aren't bad but those are the only good things about it. Everything else blows the fuck up.

The switch controller is good in many aspects but they fucked the d-pad up really bad

The wii u pro controller is possibly one of the best out there, there's not much bad I can say about it, maybe the layout is not the best, that's it

Honorable mention for the Saturn and SNES controllers, the best controllers ever designed for games that don't use analog sticks. The SNES with a mayflash adapter is possibly the best fucking thing I've ever used in my life, and I used around like a hundred different fucking controllers

>Xbox One (bluetooth doesn't work on Windows 7 or 8.1, that's how you know it's great)

Are you sure you got the right model of controller? There are different versions and only the newest one (with an S) has full bluetooth functionality

Almost, but the wireless version is still better.

A lot of people have the mistake of thinking that the X1 controllers that support bluetooth also support 7 or 8.1, but they just don't. They appear as a generic controller that you have to fiddle with xinput wrappers, if you manage to make them work. Microsoft made it specifically where X1 controllers only work on bluetooth on Windows 10 (and curiously enough, they work on Linux just fine). On 7 and 8.1 you need to do it wired or buy a receiver. Pretty fucking silly.

And yeah, mine is a 1708.

Wew lad that's terrible, but not really surprising since they already force Windows 10 in their games store on PC.

>linux
>animepost by obviously a fucking pedo
Coincidence? I don't think so

>old Jow Forums
>post anime image
>positive reaction

>nu-Jow Forums
>post anime image
>holy shit fucking pedo

how do i go back to the good era not filled with reddit normies

Yeah. On Linux there's a custom driver for it that even supports force feedback on the triggers (Windows 10 does too, only you either need to get Windows 10 exclusive games like Forza Horizon 3 or 4 or force it with some weird application) and Android supports it too. 7 or 8.1 are not officially supported and there's no unofficial driver. Being forced to use W10 is not pleasant.

I'd probably go with , but pretty much all the current and predecessor console controllers should be nice and actually only a few of these are annoying to connect.

In reality, I use merely okay rather than "the best". Pic related, it was ~$12.5 IIRC.

Attached: mocute-054.jpg (1000x1000, 99K)

I currently use a Sixaxis and an 8bitdo m30

I wish I could use both through bluetooth but the SCP driver would render the m30 useless over bluetooth

Attached: 8bitdom30.jpg (800x800, 59K)

Based as f u c k
Came to post this

Attached: DC-II.jpg (800x800, 175K)

I know it's a troll post but
>Shitty analog stick with no resistance
>D-pad with obnoxiously high travel distance and corners that will hurt your thumbs guaranteed
>Cord at the bottom
>Cheap buttons
>Analog triggers that will squeak if you look at them funny
>Less functionality than N64/PS1 controllers, not even a fucking select button

gamecube or xbox controller
rest are shit

Most of the responses to this are fucking retarded and wrong

It's nothing about USB 2 or USB 3, it's that you bought a Micro USB Type B cable, instead of a Micro USB Type A cable (the type found in almost everything like phones and shit), Micro Type B is only used for stuff like external hard drvies and barely anything uses it, Type C is then that fancy new reversible connector that newer phones use

keyboard+mouse

Xbox one

Awesome girl!

I've been using the xbox 360 controller ever since games on the PC stopped supporting generic gamepads without jumping through a bunch of hoops x360ce and ds4windows both have flaky support at best. Most of the time a new game wouldn't work no matter what I do while the xbox 360 controller works right the first time with no hassle.

I don't know if the xbox one controllers work as well as the 360 ones as I can get 360 controllers for like dirt cheap. Xbox One controller looks like it has a better D pad than the cap the 360 has.
The major downside with the xbox 360 wireless controllers were the flaky and heavy battery pack, I've not used my wireless one ever since the damn proprietary dongle died. I just use the corded 360 controller, the cable is very long and I just sit at my desk anyways. if the Xbox One controller has the same great compatibility as the 360 one I'd probably make the switch.

I just don't like DS4 controllers when using the left analog in conjunction with the main buttons. Back in the PS1 days and some of the PS2 days when things still primarily used the D pad was great, but then 3D games with fluid analog support came out and xbox analog position became king.
Only time I use a DS4 controller these days is when I'm PS4 Remote Playing on my friend's PS4 Pro as the Remote Play application doesn't work with anything else.

I still have 4 DS2 controllers for my PS2 90000 white, 3 of them brand spanking new and is are the clear blue edition. The fucking rubber on the analog melted on all of them.Thank god the rubber cap covers are cheap.
I need to find a few N64 controllers as the shitty analog is starting to die.

Attached: console-gaming-video[1].jpg (630x355, 22K)

wanna spend more time getting the controller config'd than playing games? steam controller

want a comfy controller with a good dpad? dualshock 4

want it to just work (with windows 10)? xbone for wireless, or 360 controller

Attached: IMG_20190528_193945.jpg (807x605, 127K)

>tfw xbox controllers still don't have motion controls built-in
What a joke.

I want a controller to work on Windows 10, but if the PS4 is better, why choose the one of the xbone. Ps4 works with w10 just fine, right?

Attached: 1555164077244.jpg (3000x1975, 582K)

PS4 controller is made for chink manlets with small sissy hands. If you have normal hand size you will like the Xbox one one better

yes. it 'just works' with windows 10 too. takes literally 5 seconds to pair.

Attached: Capture.jpg (328x206, 8K)

It doesn't show up as an Xinput controller without extra software though, so you have to configure bindings manually.

DS4 pairs with PCs easy enough, but most games don't recognize it without extra software and jumping through hoops.

Alternate reality

>Too low iq to have normal controller templates for your steam controller

I have large hands, 6'4 tallfag

>DS4 pairs with PCs easy enough, but most games don't recognize it without extra software and jumping through hoops.
I'm super basic gaming wise 6 games total, but I'll think I'll go for the one controller, 44€ here

What games?

Ds3 with scp driver. Bluetooth support good dpad, perfect for pcsx2 emulation. My first choice controller for fighting games

Pic related is pretty god tier. Long cord, cute size, very robust.

Attached: images.jpg (225x225, 5K)

It's usb

kys redditor

For when you want to game like a bawse.
Except no substitute

Attached: 316B3D36-C89A-4159-B197-B002A324DDA4.jpg (679x679, 37K)

>how do i go back to the good era not filled with reddit normies
Put a bullet in your dumb pedo head
Feel free to neck yourself, disgusting pedo scum

MSI Force GC20/30

Essentially just a 360 pad with better quality and a MUCH better dpad that can swapped with two different styles. Damn near perfect and is cheap.

Attached: 61Xhce4kTfL._SL1024_.jpg (1024x819, 83K)

Attached: serveimage.jpg (800x800, 50K)

mouse and keyboard

>ULTRA TWIZZLE TRIGGER 10 PULSATION

Attached: 1492720730019.jpg (499x442, 86K)

>The wii u pro controller is possibly one of the best out there, there's not much bad I can say about it, maybe the layout is not the best, that's it
no analogue triggers

not with steam

Sounds like a Persona spinoff

just werks

i play most games with kb/mouse, but some games just don't work well with them

Attached: dualshock2.jpg (747x600, 30K)

Based
Retard

KB/Mouse should only be used with shooters for the accuracy. Everything use it's more comfy to use a controller for.

I'm using this one but it hurts my fingers when I play shmups

>analogue triggers
stupid feature apart from a few racing games, which should be played with a steering wheel.

Keyboard.

peak ergonomics

Attached: 1546175764033.jpg (500x335, 28K)

This, although as a controller, it's a bit narrow (the distance between the D-pad and face buttons).

>19 orders placed in past 6 months
wow haha

>although as a controller
What else do you use it for? A dildo?

most people share a prime account.
I have at least three households on the one I share

even TPS?

t. gorillahands
I'm not gonna apologize for not wanting controllers to touch every square millimeter of my hands because that'll quickly get them sweaty as fuck. The DS4 is nicely shaped for grip, in fact even the previous Dualshocks were already excellent. I don't palm grip my mouse like some gorilla fist nigga either.

Based

Both are great controllers. I prefer XBO on PC and DS4 for everything else.
DS4 is also great for Cemu and related on PC since it has a gyro.

Attached: 1540543701547.jpg (656x704, 78K)

It belongs purely to me. Are you saying that's a lot? I figured I wasn't using it enough. 90% of it was a bunch of small items for my plants.

Attached: mazon-gp-css-order-history-2019-05-28-10_27_38.jpg (1945x3080, 2.03M)

I dont give a shit, I'm just saying that some ppl share an amazon account and can order a bunch of stuff
also post pics of garden

I have child hands this this this. Accept no substitute, the ds4 is hands down the best controller for pc.

@71153602
you don't deserve my (You)

Nice deal on that hard drive bro

This
Too narrow

what's that? and what's the things at the back/bottom?

Love how people always say ds4 is small while in reality it's more comfortable than xbone because it's wider. Xbone is for manlet hands.

Mad Catz MicroCon Pro Gaming Pad was the best controller for me. It felt really good, its too bad that it broke. I use the xbone one now. Its cheap, reliable, and works the best for me. DS4 has shit battery life, and the old controllers were fine but proprietary cables. I liked how easy it was to pull out the batteries on the old ones to turn off the controller.
>1billion usd budget onmsft.com/news/xbox-one-controller-was-result-over-100-million-spent-research
>microusb cable, not proprietary
>2x AA battery, eneloops or ikea batteries are good, long battery life
>comfy

Attached: image1.jpg (367x412, 26K)

Attached: 3382816-duke1.jpg (1280x720, 52K)