Best laptop for travelling brehs? i need something for like next week, not sure if i'm gonna make it

best laptop for travelling brehs? i need something for like next week, not sure if i'm gonna make it

Attached: cart_desk_laptop_stand.jpg (486x499, 52K)

Never buy a laptop at the last minute. You're screwed.

I've never been to brehs, have a good time there.

how much time do i need to buy a laptop?

X2__ with the extended mag perk

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 77K)

Something cheap so when it gets stolen or goes missing it won't matter

1 week to buy the laptop and 2 weeks to install gentoo

> good cpu (at least i5, preferably quadcore)
> 8 gb+ ram
> ssd
> no dedicated gfx card if battery autonomy is a
plus
> 13", fullhd, 1kg or so
> asus ux, lenovo, dell
> around 800€
linux or if you absolutely need windows 10, buy an oem key from ebay, flash a windows 10 pro key with rufus, format your storage, install the pro version with the key

sounds good, any particular models?

dell xps 13, asus ux 333, lenovo i guess any one with the above characteristics
I have an ux 333 and had an xps 13. both good.
the ux 333 has a very small charger (like twice as big as a samsung phone's one).

Don't get a Macbook. Got one for dad, it's shit

i liked it when i used a tablet with portable keyboard and travelled. Tablets are android based, so you cannot play some good games, but you could watch movies and if you have internet you can even do some cloud programming.

Quite honestly if I were you, I would not consider buying a laptop for travelling but a mobile power bank and a mobile keyboard for my phone, after which i would seek some more games and make sure i will have internet during the travel.

X230 is always the answer

oh yea and podcasts - download some podcasts too. or songs, if you do not like podcasts.

it was more for working remotely than multimedia stuff, though i was thinking about using it as multimedia computer for the television when i'm home

>buy an oem key from ebay
Almost all laptops comes with the OS preinstalled, and in case it didn't, why would you go out of your way to give money to microsoft? That is dumb. You can pirate W10 Enterprise LTSC (better than Pro) and install it ind under 45 minutes for free.

Attached: 1558292942977.png (1673x2160, 1.26M)

i have a laptop with an i5 (2c4t), 8G ram, no ssd (but i plan on getting one for it), 940M graphics, 15.6" HD (768p), ~2kg, toshiba
it's a 5.5 year old model, and cost me /$30/ second hand
people get rid of perfectly capable laptops all the time for any reason, this one was bsod'ing, but it was purely a software issue, i just installed windows 7 and called it a day

Something disposable
Imagine buying an 8 core MacBook Pro only for the TSA to double the amount of botnet integrated into the laptop after they found the MAcbook and anal beads in your bag

most people don't want to bother with such stuff. op is in a hurry and except for very high end laptops, they all come with windows 10 home edition. So it's simple to reformat, install and fill in a legit key, imho.
But you're right otherwise

I can't see how paying money for an ISO that is married to a DRM key is simpler than downloading a pre-cracked ISO that don't need any DRM activation.

>lfs takes a day
>gentoo takes two weeks
wha

>45 minutes
people are speedruning it down to 4