All three custom cards that were showcased by ASRock at Computex are dual 8-pin designs...

videocardz.com/80883/amd-radeon-rx-5700-navi-series-feature-225w-and-180w-skus

>All three custom cards that were showcased by ASRock at Computex are dual 8-pin designs. This puts them in Radeon RX 590 territory, which already had a TBP of 225W.

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AYYMD POOVI HOUSEFIRES

Attached: ASROCK-Radeon-RX-5700-Navi-1.jpg (1480x700, 192K)

Other urls found in this thread:

techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_RTX_2070_Founders_Edition/5.html
nvidia.com/content/dam/en-zz/Solutions/geforce/news/game-ready-drivers/strange-brigade-430-39-whql-game-ready-driver-38x21-performance-improvements.png
wccftech.com/amd-radeon-rx-5000-navi-gpu-7nm-asrock-two-variants-report/
github.com/llvm-mirror/llvm/commit/f43d543c4508e6857afadcf9f2381b4ea3380939
amazon.com/ASUS-GeForce-Overclocked-Graphics-ROG-STRIX-RTX-2070-O8G/dp/B07JFYT2KD
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

at the very least this time we have AIB partners giving us cards which gives hope for the cooling system to be good enough while not being FUCKING LOUD!
God vega and radeon 7 give me nightmares with it's coil whine and fan speeds.

>This puts them in Radeon RX 590 territory
>Navi beats or matches RTX 2070 already

I'm fine with that, as long as they are cheaper than their RTX counterparts that is.

What i'm saying is, make a better thread you dumb nigger.

It doesn't beat RTX 2070 except in AYYMD biased games like Strange Brigade which no one plays

>m-muh bbias

Vega 56 is 225W.
1.5x performance per watt > 2070 performance at the same power
Not rocket science

Also RTX 2070 is ~200W so you can hardly claim 225 as being a housefire

My dick is rock hard.

230w isn't a lot though, everything under 250w is okay.

delete this

Attached: 1557104823469.png (653x726, 91K)

>a 225w gpu beating a 200w gpu by 10%
>housefire
okay
>inb4 7nm
nobody stops novideo from using a 7nm process

Attached: power_peak.png (500x930, 51K)

techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_RTX_2070_Founders_Edition/5.html

RTX 2070 is single 8-pin

AYYMD is 2 8-pin, it is a HOUSEFIRE

Stay mad, AYYMDPOORFAGS

AMD's 7nm chip running the same efficiency as a 12nm Nvidia chip is a disaster. Turing 7nm die shrink will make everything AMD has completely obsolete.

>nobody stops novideo from using a 7nm process
hard to say, TSMC may soemwhat blocked them on that node because ryzen needs it.

Nvidia doesn't allow the user to raise power limits for overclocking. That's how they get away with only having an 8 pin.
AMD does allow the user to go wild with overclocking and puts in power delivery to match.

TDP doesn't matter...
What? Works for Intel.

>JUST WAIT

it really didn't matter for GPU up to maxwell, then nvidia marketing kicked in

>not having a second house to do your gaymen in in case it burns down
Fucking poorfags I swear

Efficiency matters for servers and laptops. Not for desktop GPUs.

it does fucking matter. those things can raise the ambient temp in a room quite a bit

nah, man, you don't get it it's all about watts epr dollar
more dollar you spend less watts you get, it's the only thing that matters!

if 0.3C' is quite a bit, then yes
unless you live in 3x4 closet, then my condolences.

You shouldn't wait for anything. Pascal was dominant, Turing is another improvement, 7nm Turing is more than a year off. Buy any Nvidia card in any price range any time in the past few years and you come out satisfied.

If 50-100W makes a difference to the temperature in your room, then you have a very small room.
That's about the energy output of a living human body being in the room with you.

if you dont have good ventilation it gets worse add the cpu wattage and yes it can be bad

Heater meme asie, at those prices they dont look appealing. I bought high end ueed before the mining boom and nothing since then is worth the money in comparison to a 390 for 170€
Who spends 600$ for the same fps but aa slider from 2x to 8x

>all three
>meanwhile the first one has a single 8 pin but we dont talk about it

their cpus are so good now but this navi stuff is just plain housefire. i blame the poo in loo

You're being retarded, you can actually go and check the relative performance of the rest of the GPU's on strange brigade and make a pretty good assumption on where Navi will fall in other games, not to mention that theres a slight chance performance will increase this time due to drivers being immature since it's a new-erish architecture but even if that doesnt happen i dont see how it's failure as long as its priced well.

>tfw AMD spent 1/10th of the R&D on Navi and they can still compete with Novideo.

Remember when people were hyped for Navi 2 months ago?
It almost felt like it didn't happen.

dont you think if it could compete in other games they would have shown something else?

Yeah I'm still using a GTX 980. Everyone knows Nvidia has been juicing the customers but they aren't willing to admit the reason. AMD hasn't had a well engineered GPU in years.

It still gets my money ideas of the novideo jewtx bullshit. And I couldn't give less fucks about 20 Watts here and there.

nvidia.com/content/dam/en-zz/Solutions/geforce/news/game-ready-drivers/strange-brigade-430-39-whql-game-ready-driver-38x21-performance-improvements.png

KILL YOURSELF FAGGOT

what was it from sapphire rep? $400 for a 2070 alternative?
$100 cheaper 2070 sounds okay. I would like $100 cheaper 1080 that isn't R7 though.

It's $499 and $399 for both models but take this with a grain of salt as reps can be wrong.

"RDNA" is marketing for "totally not GCN we swear goys".

It's not 225W and 180W, it's 180W and 150W
wccftech.com/amd-radeon-rx-5000-navi-gpu-7nm-asrock-two-variants-report/
Having 8pin connector doesn't make card drawing 225W in stock.

I dont like the name scheme

>least this time we have AIB partners giving us cards which

I dont get it, dont all high end cards have high powerdraw? and what is the problem really? you poorfags cant afford an extra 5$ a year electricy bill?

Judging by what Lisa said, it's no longer GCN but with GCN frontend. Obviously they didn't ditch GCN entirely, they developed new arch based on GCN. Like Maxwell => Turing, not as big jump as Kepler => Maxwell or VLIW => GCN though.

github.com/llvm-mirror/llvm/commit/f43d543c4508e6857afadcf9f2381b4ea3380939

>EF_AMDGPU_MACH_AMDGCN_LAST = EF_AMDGPU_MACH_AMDGCN_GFX1010
>GCN

RDNA IS NOTHING MORE THAN A REBRANDEON FRAUD

IT'S STILL GCN HOUSEFIRES GARBAGE

Should I just pull the trigger on an RTX2080? I was going to order my parts in 2 days. Is it even worth waiting to see what the new AMDs come out? Or should I just go ahead with my order?

>pascal is totally not maxwell
>turing is totally not pascal

Pascal is maxwell iteration. Turing is new arch based on maxwell, just like volta.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA THEY SHOULD HAVE CALLED IT LAVA INSTEAD OF NAVI

HAHAHHAHAHA AYMD COMMUNISTS BTFO

one month left, I'd pull the trigger if it was coming out in september
question is if 5900 exists or not. if it doesn't may as well buy 2080.

still $100 cheaper than 2070, it's still ~$600

Will it be $150 dollar at most?

>5900 exists or not. if it doesn't may as well buy 2080.
Big Navi isn't supposed to come out any time soon. It's rumored to come next year.

And knowing AMD it probably won't be worth the wait.

considering how they silently announced better CPU for gaming which is 3600x, and kept silent about 16c, which does exist. I wouldn't be surprised at e3.
2080 is a good card perf wise, but fuck that price and RTX memes.

>Rtx 2070 is 600

What's the point of lying this blatantly?
This is grotesque.

Why wouldn't they show the best case scenario?
I swear people like you are mentally challenged. All Vega cards can be undervolted to the same performance with less heat, it's not a secret. For better or worse, amd created a card for people who know how to tweak basic settings, not niggers like you.

>3600X
>better CPU for gaming
u wot

the 3800X has a higher base clock and two extra cores, and it won't have any latency issues or other problems that the 3600X wouldn't have. The only advantage for the 3600X is cost.

More like starting at $300, if Ryzen 3000 is any indication.

it is 600 here, I've no clue how much it costs worldwide.

Then you better Google search you third worlder.

>2070 perf for $340
was 970 a fluke? will we see such circus of generocity ever again?

Note that is total board power.

amazon.com/ASUS-GeForce-Overclocked-Graphics-ROG-STRIX-RTX-2070-O8G/dp/B07JFYT2KD
still too expensive.

kys fag

No it's not, you were wrong and still are fucking mouth-breathing macaque

It using GCN ISA early on is completely reasonable.
The statement that they are making gaming and compute architectures on separate uarch's means this difference will increase in time.

>more than $500 for mid range performance
>not expensive
why are children and retards so susceptible to marketing

>3.5GB

970 was a desperate attempt at outperforming AMD. Same as intel's 2500k. They didn't expect AMD to stumble and went too far ahead.

Why are poor people with unreasonable compromises so susceptible to performance-per-dollar marketing

sure but I quite enjoyed 390 that came after it for same money for 2 whole years

>HOUSEFIRES
I thought only Intel shit was the stuff that burned up with literal flames? Also, my monitor is like 300watts.

Attached: Intel CPU.webm (640x640, 1.11M)

Faster than the space heater r9 290X.
And it only got faster as AMD's fine wine turned into milk

>Who spends 600$ for the same fps but aa slider from 2x to 8x
This. I Bought a used r9 290x 2 years ago for 70 euros (Sapphire version with 3 fans), and while it did heat my room in 5min of GTA V, fps was much better than i expected. Steady 60fps with max details (except AA) with a sandy bridge i7 (non k) is a fucking win.
Almost 1060 6gb performance and a literal plus if you live in a cold climate

>doesnt understand the difference between ISA and uarch

>Jow Forums

>new uarch
>literally the same shit that rebrands tensor cores as rtx cores

sure

Hi Pajeet Hernandez, it's because of people like you we haven't had a worthy successor of Crysis yet.

>Performance between 2070 and 2080
>8 pin is somehow a problem in this range
Retard.

>nobody stops novideo from using a 7nm process
I think Nvidia made it pretty clear there's no need for them to move now as there's literally no competition for them. If Navi actually becomes any sort of threat, they can move to 7nm and that will be a very sad day for RTG

I'm actually Ivan Ivanovich Ivanovsky, and i don't get how i contributed to shitty games

>no longer GCN but with GCN frontend
But wasn't the frontend the actual problem with GCN? Why the fuck keep it?

Yeah at Computex they were really emphasizing how R VII is here to stay for some time

There is no incentive for developers to push for graphics on the PC platform because shitters like you play with console graphics and make up most of the PC userbase.

Maxwel didn't even have tensor cores. Turing is Volta repurposed for gaming, not maxwell.

vega and in enterprise market. Lisa really emphasized that they are making a special thing for gamers.

>I swear people like you are mentally challenged
Fuck off shill.

>nvidia, have to be careful about going to far ahead and giving customers too much compared to the competition
>literally heh I was only fighting you at 10% of my strength
>amd
>can't for the life of them deliver a compelling GPU product for gamers

It's not like they had to completely rip it off to lift the bottleneck. We'll see if they fixed it though. It's rumored that they increased the number of ROPs and geometry engines.

They delivered stronger and cheaper GPUs for like 10 years straight. Nvidia couldn't win until 970 came out. They still had bigger mindshare, that's how the world works. You don't necessarily need a better product to win marketshare.

but there is an incentive for developers to code better, since the most popular GPUs on steam are 750ti and 1060 6gb at the moment.
I'm also not a fan of being a poorfag, i'd like me some high end equipment as well

>They delivered stronger and cheaper GPUs for like 10 years straight.
Yeah and that's when I bought them. Then they started producing shit that's better for data centers and mining than they are for gaming, that and either hot or literally turbine jet loud.

>turbine jet loud
Imagine being so mentally challenged you think semiconductor company makes cooling systems.

Nvidia is going to move to 7nm+ when volume production has become cheap enough.

They may not have competition, but nobody is buying their current shit cards, either. Sooner or later shareholders will demand a new generation to drive sales.

>it's not amds fault that they stick turbines on their cards, it's not like they personally make them! they j-just decide to use them

I see you don't even need to imagine

>it's not AMD fault, ITS NOT AMDS FAULT, YOU RETARD!

Nice straw man, AMD cuck

Don't it have cotton to pick up, kettle to tend to or rice to cultivate?

>>literally heh I was only fighting you at 10% of my strength
oh yes, I remember when intel shills kept saying they will release all stashed up tech they had for years and destroy AMD once again.
here we are now.

>Mah Tweaking
>Mah CORES!!!
>It won't fail against Nvidia!!!
>As long it's priced well
This is the AYYMD shill trying to cope while passive agressively seething.

1080 and 2070 have TBP of 225W as well

face if shintel muh 5GHZ and ti lovers - first your CPUs get rekt, now your cards will get BTFOd. cope harder

>POOVI
Absolutely shredded 6'5" Indian here, can this board please pick a side for us and stick to it. India is memed into every company nowadays.