1.5 kg fanless Noctua cooler at computex!

1.5 kg fanless Noctua cooler at computex!
This is a day 1 preorder for me.
fanlesstech.com/2019/05/first-look-fanless-noctua-cpu-cooler.html

Attached: Noctua1.jpg (1600x1200, 333K)

Attached: Noctua2.jpg (1600x1200, 357K)

Wow, sick, how well does it cool?

Wow, sick, how well does it warp your PCB?

According to fanless tech and the twitter source it can handle the i9-9900K passively.

come on, that's aluminium right? only six pipes, it's giant sure, but no way it can handle 100w+
65w maybe.

>sick mind

Why would anyone tell the truth at a trade show?

Pure Passive cooling still relies on decent case airflow to keep temps from getting out of control if you're using it on a CPU worth a damn. Its way easier to just get a cooler with a quiet fan. Better results all around. Unless you're using the passive cooler to cool something like a dual core or sub 35w chip of course. My parents HTPC is still running it's AM1 Sempron 3850 quad core with the Arctic passive sink on it. But that's a 10w chip.

It's only heavy enough to cause a gentle warp.
It's around double the weight of regular high end coolers and the base and pipes are almost certainly copper. I'm sure it'll be fine.

I mean you could add a super low RPM fan to it and it would still be completely silent

D15 is more than 1Kg with fans, it won't cause any wrap with a backplate

based noctua

>120w no fan
>180w with a fan
Noctua usually doesn't lie.

I've been using NH-D15 with 2 fans so ~1350g for over 4 years without any problems

>t.leakfag

Looks like it has tiny surface area, it's gonna cool worse than stock heatsink without a fan.

lol noctua

Attached: thermalright1_big.jpg (1600x1200, 243K)

Why does this thing have so few metal leafs?

It can't be a good idea to extend these heat pipes so far away from the CPU.

>2019, year of the silent fans
>Filling your PC with giant and heavy metallic cubes because muh passive

Attached: 1532359039852.jpg (344x344, 18K)

>motherboard cracks

Attached: d.png (600x595, 371K)

my HDDs are making more noise than my fans
just use a D15 or comparable with very slow spinning fans

I believe them that it can handle it, probably it's conditional on your case fans blowing past it though

who lied to you?

ok but do they have a 140mm sterrox

The coolermaster hyper 212 plus and evo can go fanless. I have run it fanless on a i7 2600k for the past 8 years no problems at all

are you guys all new? noctua always teases shit like this and nothing ever comes of it.

I'm thinking 3700x and this fatty will be happy couple

I am literally yet to see or hear of a single board cracking by the weight of an air cooler.

It does say "To be bundled with NT-H2 thermal compound" on the card. At least that sounds like it's being planned for release.